Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
6:40 What does this mean? Inquiring minds want to know....

"You know there's some information I know on the inside that I can't talk about."

Why not? I hope this means that whatever he knows is being investigated.

jmo

I would hope so, now that NY State Police and FBI are involved. Not sure exactly why, but my impression was that he was referring to information or evidence that will come out later in the trial.

I would hope so, now that NY State Police and FBI are involved. Not sure exactly why, but my impression was that he was referring to information or evidence that will come out later in the trial.

It hit me a little differently only because of what it immediately followed (which was a question about the missing Avalanche tip)

But jmo/moo

I think he should talk about it, no point holding back now.
I'm sorry. I've 14 seconds in and can't even get past, "James Burkecwas installed for reducing crime in county, BUT ALSO known for running the department his own way."

Gosh, sometimes a wee bit of corruption is the price we have to pay for reducing crime, eh, Nancy Grace? Who write this poopie? James Burke's rise to power wasn't a take the bad with the good kind of situation. It was all bad.

it's almost as if this cabal of pale crime-doers aren't really criminals in her eyes.

Could someone describe this hint of more to come, because I can't abide bu Nancy Grace.

BOO! I mean, MOO

I think he should talk about it, no point holding back now.

It may be part of the prosecution's case that they plan to use against Rex H. I can't think of any other reason for them to not reveal the information "for now". Good prosecutors usually keep their evidence and trial strategy under wraps. They don't want to try their case in the news media. That can result in public opinion influencing the jury and usually gives the defense attorneys a good argument for mistrial.

Some additional details/evidence that can be used against Rex H., aside from what we already know, probably won't come out until trial. That said, if they come up with anything really relevant from their search of Rex H's home, they may reveal it.

If prosecution starts discussing details of police corruption during the Gilgo 4 investigation, the defense will absolutely take that and run with it in the news and social media. They'll use it to undermine the prosecution's case, taint the potential jury pool and make the public question the honesty of the current investigation.

I don't want to hear the details. John Ray is leaking stuff that's harmful to Rex H and Burke, but I don't think he'll say anything that will compromise the DA's case. JMO

I'm willing to wait until the trial to get more details on how the original investigation was screwed up. No doubt the defense team will bring it up then.

I wonder how this will impact Asa's finances going forward, especially since the divorce has not been finalized yet, as far as we know.

Ha! I wonder if the labor laws were related to his petite woman hiring practices and calling pretty colleagues for no particular reason.

MOO

It may be part of the prosecution's case that they plan to use against Rex H. I can't think of any other reason for them to not reveal the information "for now". Good prosecutors usually keep their evidence and trial strategy under wraps. They don't want to try their case in the news media. That can result in public opinion influencing the jury and usually gives the defense attorneys a good argument for mistrial.

Some additional details/evidence that can be used against Rex H., aside from what we already know, probably won't come out until trial. That said, if they come up with anything really relevant from their search of Rex H's home, they may reveal it.

If prosecution starts discussing details of police corruption during the Gilgo 4 investigation, the defense will absolutely take that and run with it in the news and social media. They'll use it to undermine the prosecution's case, taint the potential jury pool and make the public question the honesty of the current investigation.

I don't want to hear the details. John Ray is leaking stuff that's harmful to Rex H and Burke, but I don't think he'll say anything that will compromise the DA's case. JMO

I'm willing to wait until the trial to get more details on how the original investigation was screwed up. No doubt the defense team will bring it up then.

[BBM] This is what I'm wondering too. Otherwise why bother holding it back.

jmo

Architect and accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann is facing more legal trouble for allegedly shorting his executive assistant thousands of dollars in wages between 2017 and 2018, later promising to make good on the debt without ever doing so.

That’s according to a judgment filed Tuesday by the New York State Department of Labor against Heuermann, which says Heuermann agreed in 2021 to fork over $20,908.10 in pay to the assistant, plus interest, penalties, and damages, for a total of $84,945.84. The filing says Heuermann has paid a little over $16,000 to date, leaving an outstanding balance of $68,560.84—and the DOL is apparently tired of waiting.

I wonder if he set up his company as an LLC, which would protect his family from most lawsuits, building a wall between his business and his personal assets.

edited to add info

Last edited:

I'm more concerned about all the other cases, that's what I'm tying to..
I agree there is nothing in what JR has said that can compromise the current case.
Hopefully it spurns action on the unsolved cases though and the methodology used to solve them which has failed, clearly.

Boy, his problems keep piling up, don't they?

The suit is reproduced here. Sounds like he previously entered into an agreement (stipulation) to pay this off, did pay some off then defaulted.

Edit: this isn't a suit. It's a judgment.

jmo

Last edited:
Architect and accused Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann is facing more legal trouble for allegedly shorting his executive assistant thousands of dollars in wages between 2017 and 2018, later promising to make good on the debt without ever doing so.

That’s according to a judgment filed Tuesday by the New York State Department of Labor against Heuermann, which says Heuermann agreed in 2021 to fork over $20,908.10 in pay to the assistant, plus interest, penalties, and damages, for a total of $84,945.84. The filing says Heuermann has paid a little over $16,000 to date, leaving an outstanding balance of $68,560.84—and the DOL is apparently tired of waiting.

What a crummy boss. Cheats his employees out of their wages. He cheated and stole from everyone around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard