Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
''Sep 6, 2023 #gilgobeach #LISK #rexheuermann
GILGO Beach murder suspect Rex Heuermann has been making headlines since his July 13, 2023, arrest. As a result, reporters and true crime buffs have flocked to the suspected killer's house, causing many to wonder where it's located. Between 1996 and 2011, the bodies of more than two dozen people were found at Long Island's Gilgo Beach. Police had been investigating the crimes for years, but it wasn't until 2023 that they were able to make an arrest. On July 13, 2023, Rex Heuermann was arrested and charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman, and Amber Costello. Heuermann resided approximately five miles from the beach, at a red house on First Avenue in Massapequa Park, which has since become a disturbing tourist attraction.''

Let's try this link. We used to post news stories from Radar Online for the Rebecca Zahau Murder news coverage.

This came out a few weeks ago. I posted the link from Pix (Ch 11) and there has been nothing on this since. This is an interesting case which seems to connect in many aspects imo.

Some of her teeth were missing and a portion of her hyoid bone was missing in her neck. Heuermann had ties to Freeport in the 1980s and he had a job for several years as a seasonal worker at Jones Beach (Meadowbrook Pkwy also leads to Jones Beach). But Jones Beach is across the county line in Nassau County (where he lived), not Suffolk. So I guess it's up to Nassau officials to investigate this. Oak Beach/Gilgo Beach is right at the county line too which also led to problems with Shannan's call. MOO

This came out a few weeks ago. I posted the link from Pix (Ch 11) and there has been nothing on this since. This is an interesting case which seems to connect in many aspects imo.
I thought so, too. Someone just posted a similar article dated today. It was from The Sun and it was deleted. I posted this one to replace it. It doesn’t appear to have any new information.

I thought so, too. Someone just posted a similar article dated today. It was from The Sun and it was deleted. I posted this one to replace it. It doesn’t appear to have any new information.
The whole notion of the 4 burlap killings being an isolated serial or spree killing makes no sense at all.
It does not spring from a vacuum and these are the questions that are not being asked or answered.

2 dozen bodies and he only did 4?
What are the chances?
Zero.

He had so much access to literally 000's of buildings for such a long long time.

One would need an army of task forces to check each one out.

Then again, not rocket science either with a few excellent cadaver dogs.

has it been done or will we ever know?
No point in me getting all stressed and sweary about this if nobody ever even looked..

The LISK: Long Island Serial Killer podcast has a few new episodes up today. I haven’t listened to both, but they seem to be interviews with members of *local* media who were covering the case when the Gilgo four were found. The first woman they’re interviewing has been a journalist for forty years and has some interesting stuff to say.

His firm — RH Consultants & Associates — has been the subject of scrutiny since Heuermann became a suspect. Tax liens and other investigations into his business dealings have also been publicized. An account from one former employee in New York magazine recently also detailed a culture of high stress and “creepy” behavior on the part of Heuermann’s. (His daughter, Victoria Heuermann, was also employed at the firm in an unknown capacity.)

The fact that there has been nothing further on this (even from the family) actually gives me a little bit of hope.

jmo

Oh wow. Not sure. His body and gait definitely look the same - down to the same briefcase in that right hand, but his face doesn't look quite right. It's hard to tell on my not sophisticated computer.

Do we know where this was taken? People were running out of buildings all over downtown. The person filming seems a few blocks away from 1 WTC and it seems the picture of this guy is right in front of him.

I ask bc the interesting thing here is the Dept of Bldgs. The NYC Dept of Bldgs is downtown: 280 Broadway.

Interesting find. Thanks for sharing!

I watched the full video and it took place just after the plane crashed into the first (North) tower, before the towers began falling. Possibly people evacuating that tower?

I've only seen that part of Manhattan once, a couple years ago, so I don't know how it looked when the Towers were still there.

It's sad how watching that video brings it all back. Even 20+ years later, it viscerally hits you. Very sad, terrifying still.

ETA: Watched it again. Photographer was filming after both towers had been hit. I think he's next to the South Tower.

Rex H. could have been in either one if he was there on business. He probably did work at both.

The fact that there has been nothing further on this (even from the family) actually gives me a little bit of hope

There are things I am waiting for:

The ID of Peaches and Peaches juniorette

The ID of Asian Doe

Movement in Nevada

Movement in Julie Beans case.

Any of those achievements would mean so much to me. I can't even fathom what it would mean to the loved ones of the missing/murdered/unidentified.

Apologies for the wonky formatting.

MOO

Suffolk County prosecutors are seeking to turn over more than 280 firearms seized from the home of alleged Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex A. Heuermann to Nassau County where he could face gun possession charges, according to a filing in Suffolk County Criminal Court.

Investigators in Suffolk County have concluded their analysis of the weapons and ammunition taken from Heuermann’s Massapequa Park home and determined some of the items may have been possessed in violation of state gun laws, according to the filing.

“Proper jurisdiction for any charges related to unlawful possession of the items … would reside with Nassau County,” Assistant District Attorney Lawrence Opisso wrote in the motion filed with State Supreme Court Justice Timothy Mazzei Thursday…

An inventory of weapons seized from his home in the days after he was arrested show Heuermann collected many guns from the earlier part of the last century, according to a filing obtained by Newsday. His assault rifles are notated in the filing, along with a rifle with a defaced serial number, the records show. Boxes of ammunition, gunpowder and survivalist gear are among other seized items included in the inventory list.

Prosecutors have said Heuermann had permits for 92 guns and possessed many long guns not subject to permitting.

Attachments

• IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0677.jpeg
    IMG_0677.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0678.jpeg
    IMG_0678.jpeg