Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to college or architectural school bc someone mentioned Springfield 3 "Springfield man" being referenced in the bond motion.

It's interesting to go back and read this article from 2011 now that someone has been arrested for the murders. Sick cell call is strongest clue in search for Long Island serial killer
Thanks for this article back from 2011. Bc unless I forgot, I don't remember them definitively linking NY and NJ. I thought it was just speculation. So, I guess they did make this statement.

From your article linked above

Police sources would not say what led authorities to link the New Jersey murder victims — Kim Raffo, Molly Jean Dilts, Barbara Breidor and Tracy Ann Roberts — to the first four in Long Island. But there were several common elements.

In each case, the killer dumped four prostitutes near water and in close proximity, tossing their remains off remote, desolate sections of highway. The bodies were in various stages of decomposition, suggesting he kept some for a period of time after they died.

All eight were low-level sex workers, and the four in New York used Craigslist. Each had been strangled.

He had removed the shoes from both sets of bodies, though the women in New Jersey were clothed. Those in Long Island had been stripped naked and were found without jewelry or belongings, each wrapped in burlap."

I think that there has to be more than 4. JMO
I don't think anyone who's read anything about this case thinks that four is anything more than a starting point.

I've got a personal opinion that the number is roughly x10 that four.

I think he's been active for forty years, and that's a lot of years for him to troll for victims.

I don't think all of his victims are dead; given his searches and his preference for super petite victims... I think there are a bunch of CSA victims out there who crossed his path. But they should definitely be looking at any unsolved missing child or child murder cases in his orbit.

MOO

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about being a suspect for ONLY 3 murders?
Does this mean there is another suspect or are they lacking evidence for the fourth...?
Speculation only: I think that since the DNA came back and definitively linked him with 99% or whatever it is accuracy to these 3 victims, they took immediate action to get him off the street for these 3. I am sure there will be a superseding indictment, maybe even two or more. MOO

Does anyone know anything about being a suspect for ONLY 3 murders?
Does this mean there is another suspect or are they lacking evidence for the fourth...?
Obviously they're more but how could they connect to only the 3 so far when 4 were buried roughly same area.
This is to give perspective of his height and weight...just in case anyone else has seen him. He wouldn't be too difficult to find in a crowd imo.

1689368442585.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members