Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 4 murders, July 2023 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just answered my own question -- Bitterolff was convicted on DNA evidence. His attorney argued that proof of sex was not proof of murder.
What if part of RH’s mo was to track his prey and sometimes deliberately kill them after they’d just been with another customer. That way the other person’s DNA would be found on the victim and if the previous customer had GPS or cellphone data that also placed him/her in the area where the bodies were discovered, that would make it easier to convict the last customer. Honestly, I could see RH doing this. We know that Rita Tangredi’ daughter was close friends with Melissa B and we know that the suspect made a habit of tracking and researching relatives and friends of Melissa Barthelemy. Her BF and her family both got calls from the killer.

Do we know if Rita’s daughter was the reason Melissa got into the $ex industry? If so, RH might have tracked the friends and relatives of his earliest victims, too. Ex: Rita, her daughter, her daughter’s friend, Melissa and then her little sister and her BF/Pimp.

So who do we think realized there was another active serial killer operating on LI first? Who used the others dumping ground to cover their own tracks and/or muddy the waters which ended up confusing James Burke's Keystone Suffolk County cops? What luck for both Heuermann and Bitrolff on that one! Unless...

What if part of RH’s mo was to track his prey and sometimes deliberately kill them after they’d just been with another customer. (snip!)

I was just thinking this myself. There has been talk about those Long Island Back Pages websites/message boards where men would leave Yelp type reviews for sex workers. What if both Heuermann and Bitrolff perused those sites...

I'm not the biggest fan of wild conjecture and theres enough of that to be done on other websites but I can't help but think this might be one of those cases where the actual story is more convoluted than most minds can come up with and stranger than fiction.

Can we talk about Bedell Street? Are we allowed? I'm desperately looking for MSM confirmation on that address.
I found 1 mention of it in "MSM" but didn't spend a lot of time looking. I put MSM between double quotes because it is The Sun which is more of a tabloid IMO

While Heuermann has lived in his childhood home in Massapequa Park for the vast majority of his life, in the summer of 1989, he was working for Greer Construction Company and living in Freeport on Bedell Street, records show.

Heuermann's residence would've been just a few minutes' drive from where Vargas' body was found along Meadowbrook Parkway.

Additionally, Freeport is just two towns over from Massapequa Park, and Meadowbrook Parkway leads directly to Ocean Parkway, where the Gilgo Four were found

Josh Zeman was speculating beforehand on YouTube show about the Manorville search and recent search of RH's home and what would happen. He said he's heard a rumor that RH was going to be charged with another victim, and he's heard that victim's Jessica Taylor. He emphasized this is what he's heard (so not fact). But now we do have the stories about this fifth indictment.

I believe Jessica Taylor is the last victim dismembered. My guess (only a guess) is that if the indictment does indeed relate to Jessica Taylor, they found something that tracked right to Taylor in information held in those 422 recovered devices. And when they searched the home, they were searching for ties to Jessica, maybe jewelry, anything. I'm still wondering, though, about that strongbox they found (allegedly) in Manorville and if that ties in in some important way.

I found 1 mention of it in "MSM" but didn't spend a lot of time looking. I put MSM between double quotes because it is The Sun which is more of a tabloid IMO

While Heuermann has lived in his childhood home in Massapequa Park for the vast majority of his life, in the summer of 1989, he was working for Greer Construction Company and living in Freeport on Bedell Street, records show.

Heuermann's residence would've been just a few minutes' drive from where Vargas' body was found along Meadowbrook Parkway.

Additionally, Freeport is just two towns over from Massapequa Park, and Meadowbrook Parkway leads directly to Ocean Parkway, where the Gilgo Four were found

Awesome! Thank you for this. I wonder if theres any chance he kept that apartment, for reasons, past 1989 if he indeed did live there at least at that time. On google maps I see at least 5 mailboxes on the house. It is extremely close to boat ramps, the bay, and that entrance near the parkway that @PickleChris mentioned.

(snipped by me) I'm still wondering, though, about that strongbox they found (allegedly) in Manorville and if that ties in in some important way.

Is it confirmed that they found a strongbox? I recall reports saying that there was a box on the back of a truck that investigators were taking items out of but it wasn't clear if the box was brought to the scene or recovered at the scene. I assumed it was a sort of evidence collection kit that LE were getting gloves/bags/equiptment from.

Is it confirmed that they found a strongbox? I recall reports saying that there was a box on the back of a truck that investigators were taking items out of but it wasn't clear if the box was brought to the scene or recovered at the scene. I assumed it was a sort of evidence collection kit that LE were getting gloves/bags/equiptment from.
Understood, they had something that looked like a foot locker near that house, I saw it too, and know just what you're talking about. Did it look kind of like a foot locker? Because if so, I saw it as well. From Newsday article (behind paywall, which I can't get into) it said that LE removed several items from a "lock box" on the truck.

There's also been talk of a strongbox/lockbox/box of some kind they found in Manorville.

From Joseph Giacalone/X: "From 2 different reliable sources, there was some sort of lock box found during the search in Manorville,"

I think RH had a kill station set up in the woods, but jmo, and may well be wrong. Are there two boxes here involved in what we're discussing or is it the same box? Don't know yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Understood, they had something that looked like a foot locker near that house, I saw it too, and know just what you're talking about. Did it look kind of like a foot locker? Because if so, I saw it as well. From Newsday article (behind paywall, which I can't get into) it said that LE removed several items from a "lock box" on the truck.

There's also been talk of a strongbox/lockbox/box of some kind they found in Manorville.

From Joseph Giacalone/X: "From 2 different reliable sources, there was some sort of lock box found during the search in Manorville,"

I think RH had a kill station set up in the woods, but jmo, and may well be wrong. Are there two boxes here involved in what we're discussing or is it the same box? Don't know yet.

I would not be surprised in the least if he had a kill kit somewhere out there. Hopefully thats what they found - it would be a fantastic piece of evidence for the State.

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Zeman was speculating beforehand on YouTube show about the Manorville search and recent search of RH's home and what would happen. He said he's heard a rumor that RH was going to be charged with another victim, and he's heard that victim's Jessica Taylor. He emphasized this is what he's heard (so not fact). But now we do have the stories about this fifth indictment.

I believe Jessica Taylor is the last victim dismembered. My guess (only a guess) is that if the indictment does indeed relate to Jessica Taylor, they found something that tracked right to Taylor in information held in those 422 recovered devices. And when they searched the home, they were searching for ties to Jessica, maybe jewelry, anything. I'm still wondering, though, about that strongbox they found (allegedly) in Manorville and if that ties in in some important way.
I keep wondering if he kept some of the victim’s cellphones, pagers, etc. Also, jewelry.

If he started killing people as far back as the mid 1990s, there could be so many victims. By 1993 he would’ve been 30. For all we know he could’ve started killing women in the late 80s.

Rope was taken from RHs.

"Her legs were bound at the ankles with a cord. She had a towel over her face and a rope tied around her neck. Though not mentioned in news reports from the time, Felicita says her aunt's wrists were also bound."

Maybe LE gave him some info on the condition that he remain in the background for a little while.
Could be but IIRC: he's not a favorite of theirs, but he did appear to have had a good working relationship going with Rodney Harrison who resigned.
Maybe it was info LE got from Ray and Ray knew LE was running with it and has been keeping quiet?
John Ray isn't known to hold back so not seeing anything from his with the latest search/seize surprised me then concerned me.
Hopefully Ray is okay

Could be but IIRC: he's not a favorite of theirs, but he did appear to have had a good working relationship going with Rodney Harrison who resigned.
Maybe it was info LE got from Ray and Ray knew LE was running with it and has been keeping quiet?
John Ray isn't known to hold back so not seeing anything from his with the latest search/seize surprised me then concerned me.
Hopefully Ray is okay

Ray is okay and on Court TV tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads