Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Attorney John Ray said that the hairs connected to Victoria Heuermann are not necessarily transferred by Rex Heuermann during the murders as the District Attorney has claimed."

This is the first I heard of VH hairs being present or on victims' bodies. How the heck did I miss that? But, none of the stepson correct?
Is this correct?
I assumed AH's hair was transferred by accident, otherwise, NYPD would be investigating her also. Since their house is messy I would assume random hairs would be everywhere including the pet cat.

I think the point was to show Rex' control and influence in the family and that he may had created partners-in-crime inside the house. I think it was way over the top and I'm not why John Ray thought the heavy hand was necessary....unless he thinks the family poses a danger to the community? IDK.

jmo
Responding to myself as I continue to absorb the odd happening today.

Perhaps he is trying to shake VH and AH out of their stupor and out of any Stockholm Syndrome they may be experiencing, prompting them to provide more info the LE.

Just thinking aloud. jmo

BBM:
The problem I see with your possible explanation for local young girls reading/drawing like VH did is that I will assume that none are the daughters of an accused serial killer who tortured his victims to death and caught with evidence that's a mine field.

Does VH not wonder where her interests came from considering she has an affinity for what her father was arrested for along with his blueprint that describes what's needed to carry out the images and reading material VH posted about?
Frankly, it is none of our business what VH wonders at this point. And it remains so unless and until an ACTUAL connection is made via evidence (and NOT merely insinuation, or drawing inferences based on mere family relation) when we are talking about illustrations and fan fiction that MANY young people participate in.

This is witch hunting, plain and simple.

BBM:
The problem I see with your possible explanation for local young girls reading/drawing like VH did is that I will assume that none are the daughters of an accused serial killer who tortured his victims to death and caught with evidence that's a mine field.

Does VH not wonder where her interests came from considering she has an affinity for what her father was arrested for along with his blueprint that describes what's needed to carry out the images and reading material VH posted about?

If I were to analyze her art I might think she accidentally saw her Father's books as a very young child or he showed them to her, and that makes her a victim.

Freedom of speech deals with the government restricting your speech, not another citizen restricting your speech by suing you for defamation. This is just good old-fashioned slander.

OIC. Would he have to say the literal words "she was involved or she knew" or simply imply an association?

That's my last legal Q for the day ;)

He straight up assassinated a person's character today...if I was licensed to practice in New York I would take the case pro-bono. This is disgusting behavior. She never asked to be the daughter of an accused serial murderer.
I'm watching a few spaces on the internet regarding this case. Almost instantly, there are now groups of people elsewhere who fully believe Victoria was involved. I can't imagine how life has been for her the past year and now what...? What did this presser do for anyone? I hope Victoria is in a safe space with a support system in place because all John Ray did was (further) victimize her. What a mess.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish
If you really want to, there are a couple in here

it was easier to look at in detail.
Lots of people have interest in horror art but it does stand out and possibly she was exposed to some of her Father's interests at a very young age and thought it was normal.
Maybe the entire family likes to watch Horror films together?
Or worse her Father show her awful photos as a young child or she saw something and is trying to process it?
She would be still a victim though.

"Attorney John Ray said that the hairs connected to Victoria Heuermann are not necessarily transferred by Rex Heuermann during the murders as the District Attorney has claimed."

This is the first I heard of VH hairs being present or on victims' bodies. How the heck did I miss that? But, none of the stepson correct?
Is this correct?
I assumed AH's hair was transferred by accident, otherwise, NYPD would be investigating her also. Since their house is messy I would assume random hairs would be everywhere including the pet cat.
A reminder that RH's family was not even in the state when Amber was killed, and that VH would have been roughly twelve years of age.

The only hair of VH in this case was found on Amber.

Source - the bail documents, both the first and the latest.

If I were to analyze her art I might think she accidentally saw her Father's books as a very young child or he showed them to her, and that makes her a victim.
And my question following that would be - did she accidently run across it and it influenced her at an impressionable age, or did he want her to see it and lure her into participating (even if she didn't realize she was participating).

idk

jmo

Frankly, it is none of our business what VH wonders at this point. And it remains so unless and until an ACTUAL connection is made via evidence (and NOT merely insinuation, or drawing inferences based on mere family relation) when we are talking about illustrations and fan fiction that MANY young people participate in.

This is witch hunting, plain and simple.
Do you think RH might hear about this?

Maybe that is another motivation.

Repost of my post from thread 12, rbbm.
''Amira also picked up on a “strange relationship” between Heuermann and his daughter, who was there during the interview. He said “it felt like she was intimated (by Heuermann). I didn’t feel comfortable when he was talking to her.”

I assume they meant "intimidated" ?? not intimated?

[bbm]

how would anyone know if she's engaging in therapy?
I hope she is.

It is clear she is not hiring an attorney to say the most decent thing, "My client is horrified by the murders her father is accused of. While she (Chose one: believes he is innocent/is shocked at the allegations/is unsure if she has witnessed anything useful), she is cooperating fully with the investigation. She asks for privacy at this time."

She signed a sleazy deal.

MOO

OIC. Would he have to say the literal words "she was involved or she knew" or simply imply an association?

That's my last legal Q for the day ;)

To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Different states vary in their anti-defamation statutes. As such, courts in different states will interpret defamation laws differently, and defamation statutes will vary somewhat from state to state. In Davis v. Boeheim, 110 A.D.3d 1431 (N.Y. 2014), which is a New York state court case, the court held that in determining whether a defamation claim is sufficient, a court must look at whether the "contested statements are reasonably susceptible of a defamatory connotation."

To prove prima facie defamation, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault amounting to at least negligence; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the reputation of the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Different states vary in their anti-defamation statutes. As such, courts in different states will interpret defamation laws differently, and defamation statutes will vary somewhat from state to state. In Davis v. Boeheim, 110 A.D.3d 1431 (N.Y. 2014), which is a New York state court case, the court held that in determining whether a defamation claim is sufficient, a court must look at whether the "contested statements are reasonably susceptible of a defamatory connotation."

Got it! Many thanks!

I wish

it was easier to look at in detail.
Lots of people have interest in horror art but it does stand out and possibly she was exposed to some of her Father's interests at a very young age and thought it was normal.
Maybe the entire family likes to watch Horror films together?
Or worse her Father show her awful photos as a young child or she saw something and is trying to process it?
She would be still a victim though.
It's possible in my mind that if he kept photos, whether online or hard copy, that VH came across them unintentionally. Believe me I found some nasty stuff (not illegal, just nasty) on a parent's computer while I was using it. I also came across illegal drugs in their clothes when I was playing dress up as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia