Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Victims going into the house.

I think people are overestimating the perceptiveness of neighbors. When is the last time you noticed a neighbor carrying groceries? Personally speaking, if I saw a woman walking into a house late at night, I wouldn't put too much pass on it. My first assumption would be that they are a friend or relative. The victims were all sex workers. Sex workers understand that they need to be discreet. They likely visited the homes of married men many times in the past. There have been many serial killers who murdered sex workers inside their homes, and in all of those cases, the victim willingly went back with them under the pretense that it was just an ordinary outcall. I think that performing the "takedown" outside of the residence is even riskier from his perspective.
There were some reports of neighbors seeing odd things from RH, like him burning things in the middle of the night in his back yard. And him sitting in his truck late at night. So they weren't oblivious. And once a person gets a reputation in the community for doing odd things, others become more on the lookout too. With the onset of neighborhood watches and online neighborhood e-lists, communities are more connected to the goings-on around them. It was reported they were a tight-knit neighborhood of law enforcement, and service people who are trained to notice things.
However, these surveillance techniques may not have been as common 20 years ago.
I agree I think the takedown outside residence would be very risky.
MOO.

Last edited:
Haven't we wondered why Megan Waterman changed hotels? Now from his planning docu, I suspect it was because the first one was unacceptable as a pick-up location because of cameras. My guess is that RH directed her to another hotel with fewer/no security cams. As for hitting harder, perhaps he did go to a secluded location, then knock the SWs out. That would be necessary to bind them and put them either in the back of the pickup or in the floorboard on the passenger side. He could keep an eye on them here. But with the locked bed on the Avalanche, even if a victim came to during the drive, she could not get out, nor would she have been seen when he pulled into his driveway and into the garage. In my opinion, getting the women into the house was not a problem as they were out-of-sight in the vehicle and he drove into the garage, put the door down and unloaded them. Perhaps they were bagged or wrapped in plastic for transport through the house so they would not leave DNA.

Just trying to imagine scenarios here. Complete speculation, of course.

Transporting them via the garage vs walking them in the front door makes more sense, to avoid snoopy neighbors overhearing him coming in late at night with guests when his family was on vacation.

There were some reports of neighbors seeing odd things from RH, like him burning things in the middle of the night in his back yard. And him sitting in his truck late at night. So they weren't oblivious. And once a person gets a reputation in the community for doing odd things, others become more on the lookout too. With the onset of neighborhood watches and online neighborhood e-lists, communities are more connected to the goings-on around them. It was reported they were a tight-knit neighborhood of law enforcement, and service people who are trained to notice things.
However, these surveillance techniques may not have been as common 20 years ago.
I agree I think the takedown outside residence would be very risky.
MOO.

They definitely saw him doing a few strange things. But it's also clear that they missed a lot. Judging by the bail doc for Maureen's murder and his Google search history, Heuermann continued to bring sex workers back to his home whenever his wife was away. I'd imagine that he was pretty prolific in that regard. And yet there doesn't seem to be any reports of him bringing back strange women. My guess is that he brought them back at a time when most people were asleep. Many of the nights appeared to be on weekdays.

It appears as though he was able to satiate his urges by hiring sex workers who advertised BDSM services.

I can imagine LE having thoroughly followed her every move, maybe every phone call?, in that year they were surveilling RH too, so perhaps they concluded from that they didn't need to interview further? They did originally meet with her though when she supposedly said, "It is what it is". So there was at least an informal interview.
MOO.
They would need a warrant to monitor her phone calls or activities she thought she was doing in private. LE did mention monitoring VH without a warrant while on public trans, etc. pole cameras on the house would also not need a warrant and would pick up the whole family coming and going.

I would doubt there was a warranted search or surveillance of Asa's devices; there has been no hint of it. OTOH, it is possible that they have or have had a warrant to monitor her and we don't know it. It is a county that likes to keep the cards close to the chest.

It could have been a ruse when Harrison said they were shocked and ashamed. He did keep phrasing it as an opinion. "If you ask me...."

MOO

Good question.

Heaven (or hell) only knows how he might have rid his torture chamber of any lingering odors IF he adhered to his list of no air/sound in and no air/sound out, and at least used kitty litter (although I'm not sure exactly how effective kitty litter is on smells). Maybe he learned of other methods to aerate the basement? You'd think someone would smell something "off" but ??? Also, even if he took bodies to one of his storage units for an interim period ... one would assume there would be a smell. Maybe he used refrigeration/a freezer at some point in time??

jmo

He had to have purchased a lot of lime.
But didn't Gacy bury victims' bodies under his house and his wife never noticed the smell? Which I find off the wall BIZARRE!
No mention of the house stinking or smelling bad yer from friends, or family investigators. I think he took them somewhere to decay and did not keep them at his house.

I don't know what Burke had stolen from his vehicle but...

There are those who collect really horrible B *advertiser censored* movies from the 70's like The Slaughter (1971) and Snuff (1975). No, no, no those aren't actually snuff films (and everyone understands) but x-rated film producers/makers loved to film and promote them to those with that idea in mind.

jmo

That doesn't sound like fully cooperating to me.
It is fully legal. So if I were LE, the way I'd make the best of that non-cooperation by cheerfully reporting she's fully cooperating.

The tell is, she's not "helping." "Cooperating," can be worthless to an investigator.

How many times in websleuths do people have to snip-snap when there are complaints about witnesses apparent silence? They have a right to a lawyer! They don't have to talk to police!

Of course! And I am happy I live in a country where LE can't compel me to talk to them. I would hire an attorney if, for instance, I were the spouse of a high profile alleged criminal. I'd want a y mouthpiece to express grief for the victims and to ask that all press inquiries go through the lawyer/sookesperson. I probably would not want the spokesperson to say anything to worsen my spouse's legal situation, unless it protected mine, or unless there were an imminent safety issue.

But when someone is exercising their rights, that does not shield them from criticism if they appear to fail to provide help they could provide. Not when they have made themselves a public figure. Anything said in public is fair game for public opinion.

MOO

He had to have purchased a lot of lime.
But didn't Gacy bury victims' bodies under his house and his wife never noticed the smell? Which I find off the wall BIZARRE!
No mention of the house stinking or smelling bad yer from friends, or family investigators. I think he took them somewhere to decay and did not keep them at his house.

"That odor from the heat, from the crawl space," Albrecht reflected to WMAQ-TV. "Bob said right away, it smelled like a morgue!"

Gacy displayed a seemingly limitless ability to explain away things. When his second wife, Carole, whom he'd divorce in 1975, would complain about the smell emanating from beneath their home, he would chalk it up to a sewage issue, enlisting workers at his contracting company to spread hundreds of pounds of lyme in the crawl space in an effort to conceal the stench.

They definitely saw him doing a few strange things. But it's also clear that they missed a lot. Judging by the bail doc for Maureen's murder and his Google search history, Heuermann continued to bring sex workers back to his home whenever his wife was away. I'd imagine that he was pretty prolific in that regard. And yet there doesn't seem to be any reports of him bringing back strange women. My guess is that he brought them back at a time when most people were asleep. Many of the nights appeared to be on weekdays.

It appears as though he was able to satiate his urges by hiring sex workers who advertised BDSM services.
All of this, plus the apparent absence of telltale smells, again raises the suspicion that he had access to some other basement/structure… old farm house or abandoned building… out in the woods somewhere, and never used his home’s basement. Rereading the HK documents with this in mind works.

I saw John Ray question the alibi of the family, what date they actually checked into the hotel.
Rex notes in his calendar show "dinner with wife " July 18. His date book shows her July 20 in Vermont l.
Also in that same date book after she left for Vermont, it shows July 27 "Derek come to his house to cut some 6x6 posts on band saw"
These were probably posts for the torture table?heuermannn date book.PNG

Maybe it was an Epstein like network and RH didn't write the note. Not saying he didn't kill them but his job was to tie up loose ends since he had the truck he would also be the recruiter of victims. I know it is far out there but wouldn't be the first time. Unlikely but not unheard of. jmo

Well, whenever LE informed family of evidence against RH, former Suffolk Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison states, RH's wife said, "Okay, it is what it is." So there's some info that's public.

I find it a strange response, but what a normal response be besides crying?

I saw John Ray question the alibi of the family, what date they actually checked into the hotel.
Rex notes in his calendar show "dinner with wife " July 18. His date book shows her July 20 in Vermont l.
Also in that same date book after she left for Vermont, it shows July 27 "Derek come to his house to cut some 6x6 posts on band saw"
These were probably posts for the torture table?View attachment 511884

Has the LE mentioned who is Derek is yet?

Maybe it was an Epstein like network and RH didn't write the note. Not saying he didn't kill them but his job was to tie up loose ends since he had the truck he would also be the recruiter of victims. I know it is far out there but wouldn't be the first time. Unlikely but not unheard of. jmo

yep, anything is possible at this point. I'm keeping my mind wide open.

Since we have been discussing the possibility of RH being in the Orange County area of VA- off and on from 1994-2019 and the possibility of him being responsible for murders and disappearances in that area, it seems appropriate to mention the FBi announced that they solved the 1996 Shenandoah Natl Park murders. Here is an FBI notification that shows when this man was not incarcerated in Ohio. They say he was known to frequent and hike the SNP.

RE: Victims going into the house.

I think people are overestimating the perceptiveness of neighbors. When is the last time you noticed a neighbor carrying groceries? Personally speaking, if I saw a woman walking into a house late at night, I wouldn't put too much pass on it. My first assumption would be that they are a friend or relative. The victims were all sex workers. Sex workers understand that they need to be discreet. They likely visited the homes of married men many times in the past. There have been many serial killers who murdered sex workers inside their homes, and in all of those cases, the victim willingly went back with them under the pretense that it was just an ordinary outcall. I think that performing the "takedown" outside of the residence is even riskier from his perspective.

It depends on how snoopy the neighbors are! One house is two stories and looks directly down into the yard.
But, if someone is discreet and quiet I doubt he'd attract any attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli