Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Macedonia said in an interview that he was retained the weekend after Rex was arrested. He was arrested Thursday evening (just leaving work at 8:30ish) and arraigned Friday. Over the weekend, according to Macedonia, he was retained.

It could be that the same people who interfered with solving LISK had unrelated interests in keeping out the Fed, etc., in addition to a "cultural" disinterest in stopping the crimes. They may have been neutral on Rex, if they knew who he was.

But there may be a more sinister connection. I can't help but ask myself if the fact that Rex had "film" on his blueprint list, and that several witnesses quoted Burke as asking for snuff films in a surprisingly conversational tone, plus Loeb's claims could be related.

If- and this is pure speculation- Burke was in the habit of requesting and getting snuff films from Rex- Burke is a murderer, too. (If Rex is guilty as alleged.)

MOO
This is were my thoughts have been going.

RE: Victims going into the house.

I think people are overestimating the perceptiveness of neighbors. When is the last time you noticed a neighbor carrying groceries? Personally speaking, if I saw a woman walking into a house late at night, I wouldn't put too much pass on it. My first assumption would be that they are a friend or relative. The victims were all sex workers. Sex workers understand that they need to be discreet. They likely visited the homes of married men many times in the past. There have been many serial killers who murdered sex workers inside their homes, and in all of those cases, the victim willingly went back with them under the pretense that it was just an ordinary outcall. I think that performing the "takedown" outside of the residence is even riskier from his perspective.

BBM:

IMO:
Macedonio was trying to garner sympathy for Asa.
Along with her health issues, no money because the breadwinner is gone and then with the condition LE left the hell hole in.
Is sad tho all people at firm, incl daughter lost jobs tho, right? All the clients scrambling to find new Architect. The family members are having to retain $$$ lawyers. I have many opinions on family, but as a whole, it is so tragic in so many ways. Cannot wait for 50cent doc to air. So little info put out.

After your first post about Macedonia’s pro RH comments on Court TV, I went back and did the research on his disbarment. It seems, in December 2008, he pleaded guilty to felony possession of cocaine -after Spota had been wiretapping him re: bribery. The date of his arrest (raid 1/23/2008) for cocaine. In December of 2008 he is officially disbarred. In 2012, he is reinstated to the bar.
The interesting part of all of this is why did Spota target Macedonia in early 2008 and then, in 2012, assist in his reduced charge which led to his reinstatement. Was this an example of the classic carrot and the stick? How did it benefit Spota who by 2012 was in the midst of “solving” the Gilgo Beach Murders, assisting in the promotion of “Jimmy” Burke to head up the SC police and Burke’s ultimate interference in allowing State and Federal assistance on the case?

Believe macedonia also reps 50 or his co. So much interweaving on this case. Actually afraid to comment often. A very suspect case all around

This is the Sun. But it's not bad

Disgraced Gilgo Beach police chief who botched Heuermann probe 'giggled watching snuff film', says LISK victim's lawyer
Disgraced Gilgo Beach police chief James Burke 'giggled watching snuff

Macedonia said in an interview that he was retained the weekend after Rex was arrested. He was arrested Thursday evening (just leaving work at 8:30ish) and arraigned Friday. Over the weekend, according to Macedonia, he was retained.

It could be that the same people who interfered with solving LISK had unrelated interests in keeping out the Fed, etc., in addition to a "cultural" disinterest in stopping the crimes. They may have been neutral on Rex, if they knew who he was.

But there may be a more sinister connection. I can't help but ask myself if the fact that Rex had "film" on his blueprint list, and that several witnesses quoted Burke as asking for snuff films in a surprisingly conversational tone, plus Loeb's claims could be related.

If- and this is pure speculation- Burke was in the habit of requesting and getting snuff films from Rex- Burke is a murderer, too. (If Rex is guilty as alleged.)

MOO
Uh, wow. Well certainly wld give creedence to getting rid of fbi. So much to uncover, ty

MOO The news is interested in shocking, catchy headlines, the better for clicks. likes and upvotes. Why did they choose that headline instead of the other part of the quote from that article? Where they implying something or were they just showing the wife's resignation and reluctant acceptance of the situation?

What was made public was an expression she is reported as saying on the day RH was arrested and her home was searched, To be clear, the wife is being quoted by Harrison and Harrison is being quoted by the news. The wife is not being directly quoted by the news. Harrison said:

"When we told the wife, she was shocked, she was embarrassed. But there was a point where we showed her certain pictures and she said, ‘OK, it is what it is.'"

It did not say it was whenever the family was shown evidence against RH (for the murders). We don't know for a fact what pictures were shown to her. I don't think at that point they would be showing her the actual physical evidence, but did it prove to her that he was involved with SW's.

The point I was making was in reply to OP... the news report video shows the interview and LE (via Harrison) did, in fact, share information about talking to family members.

I agree with you about eye-catching and/or outright shocking headlines all news agencies love to use. That just wasn't my point.

jmo

A serial killer named Maury Travis taped his victims. Having said that, I highly doubt that Burke was looking at snuff tapes. So far, there has been zero evidence of this.
Ty, did not know. Yes, no evidence, just media

Does anyone know how soon after the arrest Macedonia was hired or brought on? I just feel like many folks have known about RH for a very long time and it’s as if they have all been waiting for that day when as it were, “the other shoe would drop.” Did RH have incriminating evidence on any big wigs? It’s just seems a bit too convenient that Macedonia, with his links to Spota, to alleged bribery, drug possession, etc (mid-late 2000s,) would be on this case, possibly shutting down the cooperation of three key witnesses, almost from the time of RH’s arrest. Who contacted whom, first? Did AE call Macedonia or visa versa? Did RH suggest Macedonia or could his lawyer Michael Brown have suggested Macedonia? The answer to the questions could revel so much.

MOO
Brown was already representing RH on July 14,2023 so it very well could have been him who orchestrated the Macedonio/Asa connection over that weekend.

"Heuermann, who was arrested near his New York City office last Thursday, was assigned to Brown, a criminal defense attorney based out of Suffolk County. Brown said he first met with Heuermann at the arraignment on Friday after his arrest."

I think that picture was a random surreptitious social media snap by someone who rudely posted something about taking Rex's appearance as an object lesson about eating right and exercising.

How bizarre. Years later, Rex was arrested, and the person was like, that's the guy on the train!

MOO
Of all the people the guy could have taken on the train to illustrate his point, he zooms in on a serial killer. It almost looks like RH is sleeping in that pic, with eyes squinted or closed, although he's got the pen in his hand and the beer in the other. Maybe that's why he was concerned about photos? under problems. He had experiences with people photographing him surreptitiously.
MOO.

Brown was already representing RH on July 14,2023 so it very well could have been him who orchestrated the Macedonio/Asa connection over that weekend.

"Heuermann, who was arrested near his New York City office last Thursday, was assigned to Brown, a criminal defense attorney based out of Suffolk County. Brown said he first met with Heuermann at the arraignment on Friday after his arrest."

Who assigned Brown? Was it the court, because of no money, no assets? I find it so odd that this guy living a life with a middle or upper level income would be assigned a lawyer for free (or does he have to pay?).
Odder yet is that all these attorneys are interconnected.
Tierney. Brown. Macedonio. Mitev. John Ray.
Tierney worked alongside Brown in the DA office when Brown started his career.
Brown shared a legal practice with Macedonio for a decade.
Macedonio started his career in the DA office at the same time as Brown and Tierney.
Ray shared a legal practice with Mitev.
All these frenemies involved in this case.
MOO.
ETA: John Ray was a history teacher before becoming a lawyer. This makes more sense to me that he has become a historian of these murders then.
Source: Reddit RexHeuermann

Last edited:
JMO, that was highly unusual. Perhaps Macedonio was refusing to allow Suffolk PD to interview them? It's odd because, in a way, they're all on the same team or at least part of the same law enforcement family.
I can imagine LE having thoroughly followed her every move, maybe every phone call?, in that year they were surveilling RH too, so perhaps they concluded from that they didn't need to interview further? They did originally meet with her though when she supposedly said, "It is what it is". So there was at least an informal interview.
MOO.

there's a picture at this link of the garage supposedly after they put the belongings back in ... no room for vehicles

I think he took the victims in through the back basement entrance that goes directly down into his 'dungeon' - picture at the link below (assuming it was possible to enter the backyard from either side of the house)

I can see him backing that truck right up to the garage, with his covered bed not visible to anyone, and bringing the girls, at night under darkness, around the house, down those rear steps, into the basement, that he had already prepared with his torture workings (drop cloth, tools, stage, table, ropes, etc). They wouldn't ever have been in the main part of the home in that case.
MOO.

I can imagine LE having thoroughly followed her every move, maybe every phone call?, in that year they were surveilling RH too, so perhaps they concluded from that they didn't need to interview further? They did originally meet with her though when she supposedly said, "It is what it is". So there was at least an informal interview.
MOO.
Plus, we know she had a DNA cheek swab. So, did she likely go to the Police Station for that? Or would LE have been prepared when they first went to tell her of RH's arrest?

Is sad tho all people at firm, incl daughter lost jobs tho, right? All the clients scrambling to find new Architect. The family members are having to retain $$$ lawyers. I have many opinions on family, but as a whole, it is so tragic in so many ways. Cannot wait for 50cent doc to air. So little info put out.
I don't know how, but Rex had a public defender. We don't know who is paying the attorneys for the family. They might just be satisfied with their own contracts with Peacock plus favors old and new. We have just been reminded that Spota allowed Macedonio to practice law after cocaine and bribe convictions.

I'm not at all comfortable with this documentary situation and I will not be watching it.

There is something very wrong about a witness saying she has nothing of value to say to LE, but has a million dollar statement for Peacock.

MOO

If the victim was in the cab, then placed in the rear seat area and then rear covered tailgate compartment (via the above pass through fold down) - then backing the truck into driveway and could have had access to the garage via the opened tailgate. (From some other video of the quarters, I would be amazed if that small garage was empty….. or empty enough to contain that full-sized vehicle.)
This is what I'm thinking too. Although, I was checking pictures of his vehicles, and it shows him driving in forwards, not backwards. Typically people park the same way consistently (either they back in or drive in forward). So now I'm questioning that. MOO.

I can see him backing that truck right up to the garage, with his covered bed not visible to anyone, and bringing the girls, at night under darkness, around the house, down those rear steps, into the basement, that he had already prepared with his torture workings (drop cloth, tools, stage, table, ropes, etc). They wouldn't ever have been in the main part of the home in that case.
MOO.
Most ranches like that house have interior stairs to the basement. It is usually where the laundry room and workshop area would be, if it's not fully living space.

MOO

MOO.
It is what it is.
I don't know how, but Rex had a public defender. We don't know who is paying the attorneys for the family. They might just be satisfied with their own contracts with Peacock plus favors old and new. We have just been reminded that Spota allowed Macedonio to practice law after cocaine and bribe convictions.

I'm not at all comfortable with this documentary situation and I will not be watching it.

There is something very wrong about a witness saying she has nothing of value to say to LE, but has a million dollar statement for Peacock.

MOO
Yes, was really focusing on all ar NYC firm that is closed? No monies for them. As far as docu, wild that 50s lawyer is same as family. Yes, know re the coke, etc. Ty

Who assigned Brown? Was it the court, because of no money, no assets? I find it so odd that this guy living a life with a middle or upper level income would be assigned a lawyer for free (or does he have to pay?).
Odder yet is that all these attorneys are interconnected.
Tierney. Brown. Macedonio. Mitev. John Ray.
Tierney worked alongside Brown in the DA office when Brown started his career.
Brown shared a legal practice with Macedonio for a decade.
Macedonio started his career in the DA office at the same time as Brown and Tierney.
Ray shared a legal practice with Mitev.
All these frenemies involved in this case.
MOO.
ETA: John Ray was a history teacher before becoming a lawyer. This makes sense to me that he has become a historian of these murders then.
Source: Reddit RexHeuermann
I just figured his guns, his business and all other income wld pay his legal fees. Those guns alone are worth 1000s, the biz, wow, who knows how much. The amt of interconnected people is amazing, but it is a county, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne