Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your reply.
I had asked because Macedonio said " investigators had never interviewed Ms. Ellerup or the couple’s children" making it sound like they could have but chose not to.

"Mr. Macedonio said that investigators had never interviewed Ms. Ellerup or the couple’s children and that there was no indication they would be charged."
Right- I see that as "She's not talking until you charge her or put her on the witness stand. And by the way, she's not talking if you charge her, either, but we welcome the discovery."

MOO

Well, to me, that makes no sense. I watched the video. I heard his former employee say he can spell, he wouldn't write anything like this, and it was a speech-to-text or other software that made it come out so bad.

No software (spellchecker, speech-to-text, speech recognition, etc.) is going to end up with this many spelling errors that are this bad! IMO. If you're talking out a text, and software is "typing" it out, if it doesn't recognize a word you have said, it won't output a non-word or a jumble of letters that aren't any real word. It will do its best and put a REAL word that is the closest it comes up with to what you said, and the real word will not be misspelled. It won't even use a phonetically-spelled non-word, but even if it did, that would mean RH THOROUGHLY MISPRONOUNCED the words we see that are misspelled. I do NOT think he pronounced disorganized as "disoriginizazized" or however he mangled that word! But even if he did pronounce it like that (impossible, imo) as I said, the software wouldn't take what he said and output a phonetically-spelled non-word that is its best representation of the word he said. In fact, if he said it like that, it would probably just put "disorganized". But he wasn't badly mispronouncing his words anyway imo, so that's moot.

It seems obvious to me that he was NOT using speech-to-text, as this former employee of his thinks. I see no way that that would produce a text that looks like this one, with all the misspellings and non-words that it has in it. I think if she thought about it, she would agree too. They just don't work like that, and they didn't even way back then. She was so sure of herself too that he could never have written this doc in this way that we're seeing it, so I think it's obvious she just didn't think that opinion through enough!

So I don't agree with her that it looks like such a mess due to him using speech recognition software or anything like that. I don't think, as she does, that it's the fault of ANY software at all. Because even if he was typing it in himself, not speaking it, and he misspelled it even that badly, spellcheck or autocorrect-type software would look for a REAL word that is closest to whatever he typed, and would either suggest that as a correction, or autocorrect it to a REAL correctly-spelled word. It may give the WRONG word, but it will be a correctly-spelled recognizable word, not a misspelled word. Not a non-word. And there are a lot of non-words in this document.

I think it's obvious that what that means is that he really was this bad of a speller, at least when writing something where spelling didn't matter! Something that either was unimportant or trivial, say like a shopping list, or something that only he would be reading, like (he hoped) this document. He might very well have known the correct spelling of the word "plastic" and "evidence", for example, but when he typed in "platic" and "evindice", he just left it because that was good enough. He knew what he meant. And so do we, in fact!

I think it just shows that at work, he used spellcheck and/or other editing software for documents that mattered, things people other than him would be reading. Or perhaps, he did manage without software help, by just taking his time, checking his work, correcting errors, and editing so that mistakes were minimal so that others would have no problem when reading it. And so that he looked professional. Which is all this lady in the video must have ever seen. Nothing she'd seen him do at work had these kinds of misspellings and so many of them! So that made her say he doesn't write like this, he can spell better than this, it must have been software making these errors. Which I think is dumb. No software will leave these errors unless you have turned it off! Or changed your settings so that it doesn't correct things, which would make the software useless. And certainly no speech-to-text software will take something you SAY and output something like "dumster" or "tourture" or "originanized"! Which is what she said had happened. That's why I said that was a dumb thing to say and that she must not have given that enough thought before she said it. I think he just made sure it looked right when it mattered, and that's all she ever saw. Until she saw this "kill planner" thing. Where the errors didn't matter. IMO.
Maybe drunk, maybe cared only at work, possibly it was just good enuff...have many typos myself

Perhaps, when he was driving a woman somewhere, suddenly and without warning he used his big hammy right hand to throw a punch into the side of her head to knock her out to be transferred either into the house (if he pushed victims down into the floor boards) or to the back of the pickup where they were locked up. With the design of the Avalanche allowing the driver to see into the truck bed, he could keep an eye on them. Again, if they were out-of-sight in the truck, he simply had to pull into his garage and put the door down before unloading them into the house.
Can absolutely picture that. Is there a door connecting to the house from the garage? I would think probably? Agreed that makes things a little more interesting. But first off, everything about RH is bizarre and maybe there's no interior connecting door. Second, as already noted earlier on here, look at the size of that garage v that truck. Would it fit? Third, again already noted, they're hoarders, it's got to be packed with junk. BUT agreed that to make his twisted plan a reality, he'd probably purge it.

But if he has to knock someone out with a hit, he's got to do it in a pretty remote place. Why then leave the remote place to return to a more populated one inviting the scrutiny of potentially curious neighbors? Yes, convenience of tools nearby and so forth, but there's actually not "complete control" of that location. It's in a pretty densely populated area. And I'm still wondering about his note about controlling air in and out instead of just saying, you know, close the windows. The idea of controlling the air in and out reminds me of a Doomsday Prepper structure. And also, okay, under "Problems," we have "Photos?" Why the "?" If he's got the film, and he's in the house, photos are no issue. But if he were in some primitive/makeshift structure in the woods, a cabin, some kind of underground space, he might have to run power to the structure for light from either his truck or a generator on the truck. And maybe at certain points he has to power other devices. Low power, no light. No light, no photos. And if this was more than one actor, maybe there are concerns about photos amongst the criminal actors.

That truck was definitely helpful to him in his horrors, no doubt about it. But I'm positive if he struck these victims physically, it was in some remote location. And I think if he could have done so, he'd rather remain there than return home. Easier to move tools in his truck than potentially having to maneuver around curious neighbors, jmo. With all this said, though, am thinking more RH documents are going to be unearthed and we're going to find out more. I have no doubt at some point he may have killed in that house, but I doubt it's a pattern because there's no way I think he had the restraint to wait it out between "family vacations." So anything's possible right now, and just watching and waiting, and not committed to any one idea. Sandra Costilla turning out to be RH's victim has been such a stunning turn of events, and it really is forcing kind of a re-evaluation with JB and the Manorville connection. LE does seem to think RH was doing this in the house, so am waiting to see what turns up from their recent search of house/basement. Maybe RH did the deeds in the house, but maybe not, jmo.

And also, okay, under "Problems," we have "Photos?" Why the "?" If he's got the film, and he's in the house, photos are no issue.
I wonder if it was under Problems if someone else took photos of his truck parked along the highway or of him going about his activities. Like that person who took a pic of him on the train ... why would a person take a pic of another on the train if they didn't find something unusual about him (maybe the beer?). But if he thought someone was snapping a pic of him or his truck along the highway or somewhere, then that would be a big problem.
MOO.

Can absolutely picture that. Is there a door connecting to the house from the garage? I would think probably? Agreed that makes things a little more interesting. But first off, everything about RH is bizarre and maybe there's no interior connecting door. Second, as already noted earlier on here, look at the size of that garage v that truck. Would it fit? Third, again already noted, they're hoarders, it's got to be packed with junk. BUT agreed that to make his twisted plan a reality, he'd probably purge it.

But if he has to knock someone out with a hit, he's got to do it in a pretty remote place. Why then leave the remote place to return to a more populated one inviting the scrutiny of potentially curious neighbors? Yes, convenience of tools nearby and so forth, but there's actually not "complete control" of that location. It's in a pretty densely populated area. And I'm still wondering about his note about controlling air in and out instead of just saying, you know, close the windows. The idea of controlling the air in and out reminds me of a Doomsday Prepper structure. And also, okay, under "Problems," we have "Photos?" Why the "?" If he's got the film, and he's in the house, photos are no issue. But if he were in some primitive/makeshift structure in the woods, a cabin, some kind of underground space, he might have to run power to the structure for light from either his truck or a generator on the truck. And maybe at certain points he has to power other devices. Low power, no light. No light, no photos. And if this was more than one actor, maybe there are concerns about photos amongst the criminal actors.

That truck was definitely helpful to him in his horrors, no doubt about it. But I'm positive if he struck these victims physically, it was in some remote location. And I think if he could have done so, he'd rather remain there than return home. Easier to move tools in his truck than potentially having to maneuver around curious neighbors, jmo. With all this said, though, am thinking more RH documents are going to be unearthed and we're going to find out more. I have no doubt at some point he may have killed in that house, but I doubt it's a pattern because there's no way I think he had the restraint to wait it out between "family vacations." So anything's possible right now, and just watching and waiting, and not committed to any one idea. Sandra Costilla turning out to be RH's victim has been such a stunning turn of events, and it really is forcing kind of a re-evaluation with JB and the Manorville connection. LE does seem to think RH was doing this in the house, so am waiting to see what turns up from their recent search of house/basement. Maybe RH did the deeds in the house, but maybe not, jmo.
Was thinking maybe he lured them into home w promise of double rate?

I wonder if it was under Problems if someone else took photos of his truck parked along the highway or of him going about his activities. Like that person who took a pic of him on the train ... why would a person take a pic of another on the train if they didn't find something unusual about him (maybe the beer?). But if he thought someone was snapping a pic of him or his truck along the highway or somewhere, then that would be a big problem.
MOO.
I think that picture was a random surreptitious social media snap by someone who rudely posted something about taking Rex's appearance as an object lesson about eating right and exercising.

How bizarre. Years later, Rex was arrested, and the person was like, that's the guy on the train!

MOO

And also, okay, under "Problems," we have "Photos?" Why the "?" If he's got the film, and he's in the house, photos are no issue.
Maybe photos are a problem because he would want access to them but they are such damning evidence that they have to be hidden where it is impossible for them to be accidently found or found by an actual search. If he just had them on a cellphone or digital camera/device, I would think they would be "pics" but they would still need to be hidden. Maybe his copier at the office could print "photos" for him. Maybe he wanted them printed to spread them out or make an album. I don't think they've found this cache, unless it's a secret until they are ready to charge him with more murders.
Rodney Alcala rented a storage locker under his own name, RH would know better. Others have hidden photos in vents (behind heating registers, etc.),in drop ceilings, and buried in a box. It's not my hard opinion that this is what RH's question mark/problem meant, I really don't know.

Maybe photos are a problem because he would want access to them but they are such damning evidence that they have to be hidden where it is impossible for them to be accidently found or found by an actual search. If he just had them on a cellphone or digital camera/device, I would think they would be "pics" but they would still need to be hidden. Maybe his copier at the office could print "photos" for him. Maybe he wanted them printed to spread them out or make an album. I don't think they've found this cache, unless it's a secret until they are ready to charge him with more murders.
Rodney Alcala rented a storage locker under his own name, RH would know better. Others have hidden photos in vents (behind heating registers, etc.),in drop ceilings, and buried in a box. It's not my hard opinion that this is what RH's question mark/problem meant, I really don't know.
Maybe photo's was to remind him to switch out Sims cards as they could have been hidden more easily

Aug.27,2023
45 days after RH's arrest and Asa and
VH & CS had yet to be interviewed.
Why is that?

JMO, that was highly unusual. Perhaps Macedonio was refusing to allow Suffolk PD to interview them? It's odd because, in a way, they're all on the same team or at least part of the same law enforcement family.

Aug.27,2023
45 days after RH's arrest and Asa and
VH & CS had yet to be interviewed.
Why is that?
Are we to gather that AE/family has never been interviewed 11 months later?

“She knew nothing about any of this,” Mr. Macedonio said in a phone interview. “If it happened, he was leading a complete double life.”

Mr. Macedonio said that investigators had never interviewed Ms. Ellerup or the couple’s children and that there was no indication they would be charged.

“She hasn’t even begun to process what he’s being charged with,” Mr. Macedonio said. “She’s still putting her own life back together.”

Whether they were all there or on the moon, one would think questions would have been asked long before 45 days!! Especially if they expect him to be the killer of more than one or two or four. Now, they are WAY behind on getting additional information. JMO

In 2018, RH gave testimony in a vehicular related lawsuit where he was the plaintiff. He discussed his "handedness" (left v right) at that time. I've had this testimony in mind whenever someone raises this issue. I'm going to try to paste it right in here with the link.

On p79, the questioner asks RH if he is right-handed or left-handed.
A. Left.
Q. So do you write with your left hand?
A. Yes.
Q. Do you play any sports?
A. Really only thing I competed in was competition rifle.
Q. If you were to throw a baseball, what hand would you use?
A. Actually, my right. It's the only thing I do right-handed.
Q. Did you ever bowl in your life?
A. At some point, I remember being on a bowling alley--I have not been on a bowling alley in, probably, twenty/20 something years.
Q. If you were to bowl, throw a bowling ball, which arm would you use?
A. Anything that I throw, I do right-handed.
Q. If you were to swing a bat or a golf club, would you do that right-handed or left-handed?
A. Last time I swung a golf club or a bat, again, would be twenty-something years ago; would be right-handed.
Q. I assume when you say you write with your left hand, are you claiming to be left-handed or right-handed?
A. I am left-handed.
Q. What else would you do left-handed?
A. Pretty much almost anything else. Swing a hammer is left-handed. The use of any carpentry tools is left-handed. If I was to throw a baseball or a dart, that would be right-handed.
Q. When you eat--
A. Left.
Q. ~--do you cut your meat with your right hand and hold the fork in the left hand and then feed yourself with your left hand --
A. I use --
Q. ~--or do you switch?
A. I have been known to switch. The majority of the time my fork is in the left hand.
Q. Okay, but when you're cutting meat, right-handed people cut their meat, they put their knife down. They put their fork in their right hand and they eat. That's what righties do. Lefties -- which I am --cut their meat and feed themselves with their left hand. Do you know what you do?
A. I feed myself with my left hand.

Evidently, this is a really complicated issue for RH.
Good catch on this interview! It's relevant, or it seems so. JMO

Last edited:
Whether they were all there or on the moon, one would think questions would have been asked long before 45 days!! Especially if they expect him to be the killer of more than one or two or four. Now, they are WAY behind on getting additional information. JMO
I’m not sure that’s an accurate assumption. I don’t think they would necessarily share information about interviews with the public. MOO.

I’m not sure that’s an accurate assumption. I don’t think they would necessarily share information about interviews with the public. MOO.

In the article linked above, it was noted by @Izzylizzy that Heuermann's wife's attorney stated that at 45 days after Rex's arrest, AE, VH and CS had not yet been interviewed by LE.

Well, whenever LE informed family of evidence against RH, former Suffolk Police Commissioner Rodney Harrison states, RH's wife said, "Okay, it is what it is." So there's some info that's public.

Is it known if he parked in the garage? It seems so small and with them being hoarders, I suspect it's packed full of stuff. His truck and jeep are not small either. There are photos of his vehicles parked on the street and driveway, and neighbors have reported the same. I do wonder how he got women into his home, unseen and unheard by the neighbors.
MOO.

there's a picture at this link of the garage supposedly after they put the belongings back in ... no room for vehicles

I think he took the victims in through the back basement entrance that goes directly down into his 'dungeon' - picture at the link below (assuming it was possible to enter the backyard from either side of the house)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne