Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the source material and what's transpired in the time since this claim was made, I don't' give it much weight, either.
There is no reason to doubt that there was something in that bag that Burke was really upset about. Since it was his gun belt, not a gun, I think something illegal is far more likely than something bland like romantic depot merchandise.

There is VERY GOOD reason to doubt Burke side of the story. Burke was the criminal and behind the coverup in this story. Loeb was the victim.

It is true that Loeb changed the details of the story. But every version is bad. And, at first, before being beaten up, he had to fear being beaten up. So it makes sense for the story to be watered down to appease an abuser. When the abuser is on the defensive, the details might become more accurate and more angering to the abuser. KWIM? For his own safety Loeb might have understated at first.

Of course, once the narrative starts to change, the details become in doubt. But even if Loeb never saw snuff, we still know a few people reported that Burke casually asked them for snuff.

MOO

Changed "staff" to "snuff"

Last edited:
If someone can find the exact place in the park where this occurred.
Don't think info was specific.
Article says, "on July 3 in Brady Park, which is just a few minutes’ drive from Heuermann’s home on 1st Avenue in Massapequa Park."

He approached her, breathing behind her and close enough to see photo of her boyfriend on her phone. RH asked for the time, kept popping up, asked her name and if she came there often. terrifying.

He flies into town to borrow a saw?

It is weird. Derek is probably part of the getting the story straight step.

MOO

I wish this mysterious DEREK would please come forth.
If you were friends with Rex and noticed your name pop up- what would you do? Call the police and offer info. Or hire an attorney first, then call the police?
Does he have to come forward?

I still believe that, in at least some cases, he was able to lure the women into the house with the promise of a drink or drugs, etc. Recall Shannan went into the house at Oak Beach before becoming so frightened that she called 911.
SW's go willingly into hotel rooms, houses and cars to conduct business transactions. I think if RH had a SW in his truck, that he wanted in his house, he would just coldcock them. I don't think he risked having "outcalls" dropped off or driving to his house.

In fairness to the homeowner, SG also wasn't lured into a house, she had a client that was paying her per an arrangement and after some time of being there, she was asked to leave the house. Her own driver tried to get her to leave in his car. Nothing showed that her driver or the "client" actions did anything to cause the fright. MOO

SHORT VERSION. THE JOHN RAY PRESS CONFERENCE AND ALL THE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST V.H. ARE NO LONGER ALLOWED TO BE DISCUSSED.
Since we are going aaround in circles when it comes to discussing what John Ray said in his press conference we are no no longer allowing this topic to be discussed on the board. You can use our private messaging system, called "Conversation" and discuss privately with up to 20 other members. Your conversation tab is in the upper right hand corner.
Thank you,
Tricia
Dragging Tricia's reminder forward. Thanks, y'all! :)

there's a picture at this link of the garage supposedly after they put the belongings back in ... no room for vehicles

I think he took the victims in through the back basement entrance that goes directly down into his 'dungeon' - picture at the link below (assuming it was possible to enter the backyard from either side of the house)

I can't imagine the task of searching this property not once but twice. How could LE even begin sorting through piles and piles of boxes.

I wish this mysterious DEREK would please come forth.
If you were friends with Rex and noticed your name pop up- what would you do? Call the police and offer info. Or hire an attorney first, then call the police?
Does he have to come forward?
LE are trained investigators. I'm betting they already know everything there is to know about Derek.

I wish we knew more about DEREK.
Yep, don't we just? BTW, I don't have any idea what I would do if I were Derek. He'd have to know they'd find him. I'd think the smart thing to do --- IF he even sees or becomes aware of his name becoming public in this monstrous case -- would be to call LE and say, "Hey, I'm Derek. I can not believe this." But I'd probably put it off for a long time.

Rex says he make furniture. Maybe he just means crude tables for torture. Maybe he made that rather nice bench on the porch. But either way, I bet he can cut his own 6x6
That very hefty bench's legs look to be 4X4's and if you look to the side of bench to AE's left, you can see the difference in size between the porch/ overhang post and the bench. The porch post is larger, as it should be. A 6X6 is actually 5.5" and a 4X4 is 3.5".
6X6 posts are expensive, they would be overkill and unnecessary for anything less than structural support. If I got some shorter ones for free, I might rip them down to repurpose, otherwise it would be throwing money away.

Don't think info was specific.
Article says, "on July 3 in Brady Park, which is just a few minutes’ drive from Heuermann’s home on 1st Avenue in Massapequa Park."

He approached her, breathing behind her and close enough to see photo of her boyfriend on her phone. RH asked for the time, kept popping up, asked her name and if she came there often. terrifying.

Brady has a history with strange things happening on the west side of the park by the train tracks. If you grew up in the area, I'm sure you have some stories about that area. It's definitely a spot worth looking around.

I don't know how, but Rex had a public defender. We don't know who is paying the attorneys for the family. They might just be satisfied with their own contracts with Peacock plus favors old and new. We have just been reminded that Spota allowed Macedonio to practice law after cocaine and bribe convictions.

I'm not at all comfortable with this documentary situation and I will not be watching it.

There is something very wrong about a witness saying she has nothing of value to say to LE, but has a million dollar statement for Peacock.

MOO
RH never had a Public Defender.
He was appointed/assigned Brown before his July 14,2023 court appearance by the judge who also sent the case to Judge Mazzei.
The case is so huge and the amount of evidence so overwhelming that besides appointing RH an overloaded cases public defender who may have no experience with defending an accused murderer no less 3 murders charges which is now 6 murders charges.
Brown gets paid hourly by the state,PD are on salary.
Brown now has IIRC: 3-4 (?) other lawyers on his team, he mentioned that after the last superseding indictment.
There's a list or a rotating list judges use for appointing lawyers.
Be it a PD or court assigned lawyer the state pays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo