Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

I have a feeling his misspellings are clever in some way only to him , maybe he likes to tinker with words . like spelling "thanks" as thanx. for instance . also this 666 thing could be something. Rex would not be the first to obscure facts with coded words and symbols. but he's not really very smart is he?
You don't write down how you are going about obscuring your crime...lol, Rex is an idiot and he got caught, and he wrote it all down...I don't know who this dude is , this Derek..could it just be an architect or business thing?
is Derek male? female? would he need a 6x6 to take him down? was he done away with and tossed early in the morning
out near an airport?
mOO
Rex did delete the blueprint document, as planned. He may have been making inside jokes to amuse himself, but I doubt this is coded. He thought it would never be found.

The planner might have been coded or intended to be read or even have been a deceiver itself. Maybe Derek doesn't exist but Rex wanted to do something at 5:00 before the sun came up. Then he wanted to explain wood chips and workshop activity.

MOO

I have a feeling his misspellings are clever in some way only to him , maybe he likes to tinker with words . like spelling "thanks" as thanx. for instance . also this 666 thing could be something. Rex would not be the first to obscure facts with coded words and symbols. but he's not really very smart is he?
You don't write down how you are going about obscuring your crime...lol, Rex is an idiot and he got caught, and he wrote it all down...I don't know who this dude is , this Derek..could it just be an architect or business thing?
is Derek male? female? would he need a 6x6 to take him down? was he done away with and tossed early in the morning
out near an airport?
mOO
He very well may have killed the males with severe trauma to the head. He did have T (UNk- Black) on his planning doc.

I kinda went off with out reading all the details..busy day..but you never write stuff down and nothing is really deleted and there are all kinds of ways this stuff can still be retrieved as happened here.
I am super interested in knowing how many victims he has and when he is going to come clean and tell us he has victims going back to the eighties and there are murders that he can clear up for LE . I feel like his DNA is going to ping on cases in Manhattan etc. He better start dealing, he's not getting off and CODIS is looming..he's never going home so..

if he pulled anything in SC they will pull the switch on him. he has to be nervous.. you know Bundy got around, Keyes was always on the move...is Rex a homeboy ? or did he cross State lines? I really wish we could know all his different locales and all his travels. mOO

Plus, we know she had a DNA cheek swab. So, did she likely go to the Police Station for that? Or would LE have been prepared when they first went to tell her of RH's arrest?
LE served the first search warrant at the house as RH was being arrested, so they would have been prepared. I would be surprised if a warrant didn't include a cheek swap for everyone in the family. They wouldn't just hope for cooperation or want that the swabbing could in anyway be claimed to be done under duress. Warrant is always the best course. Have we seen a return of service that shows cheek swabs? It could be separate and not released.

He flies into town to borrow a saw?

It is weird. Derek is probably part of the getting the story straight step.

MOO
Okay, this is too weird for words, but just yesterday, I looked into the idea of whether they make silencers for chainsaws. They do. There are "chainsaw mufflers" and chainsaw muffler systems. There have been reduced to no-noise chainsaws being manufactured since 1959. (Rough estimate, I was just poking around at the time.)

So this person flew into town to borrow a saw?

The note on the calendar says “pick up Derek at 6 am for airport.” Not FROM airport.

Without knowing more, we cannot know if that means Derek was departing by air, arriving by air, or picking something up at the airport.

Given the early morning hour, I think it more likely RH was giving Derek a ride to the airport for an early morning departing flight. And given that, I think it likely Derek lives in the area, temporarily flew out, but had returned sometime in the intervening week or so to be at RH’s for the cutting of the post (if in fact Derek did that and the notation was not simply to provide cover to the sound of RH using the band saw to cut something substantial).

Perhaps RH picked Derek up at the airport when Derek returned and didn’t put it in his calendar, or perhaps Derek found another means of getting home from the airport when he returned.
Maybe Derek is a shooting buddy for Peconic

Is there an associated phone number with "Derek", or a phone number that corresponds to RH's airport notation or the cutting 6x6's note??

Derek a construction guy?? 'Just the mention of "CCC" or "construction crew" gives me the creeps. Thinking aloud since my post about Gacy using construction crew to spread lyme in the crawlspace of his house.

jmo

Could be. Thanks for posting this.

I notice a few things. The spelling is similar to the blueprint spelling. I don't think his spelling is particularly relevant. He just has different standards for notes to himself.

Derek gets picked up at an airport early Wednesday morning, WIFE (aside: Objectify much? Her first name is shorter than 'WIFE,' and her initials are shorter still) leaves Sunday. Then Derek has 6x6 to cut on the next Sunday.

Rex says he make furniture. Maybe he just means crude tables for torture. Maybe he made that rather nice bench on the porch. But either way, I bet he can cut his own 6x6

Derek flew into town, according to this. He is close enough that Rex is his ride from the airport. Since the likely airports are in Queens and traffic is lighter in July, it could be Rex drove to work and stopped at the airport on the way. By the time Derek is cutting wood at Rex's house, Derek has been in town for a week and a half. Meanwhile, Rex's work schedule is lighter the week WIFE is out of town than the previous week.

MOO

Edited to add another point: Nobody that I know about has questioned these check in dates at smugglers notch. The rather credible questions are about the check in dates in Atlantic City around the time MBB disappeared and was murdered.

I do think it's weird that Rex noted both the name of the resort and the state. It's a place that if you know it,you know it, and "Vermont" is just redundant.

MOO

Thanks, I edited it. 6x6 is pretty big. Much too strong for a murder table. I also added that these were not the check in dates that have been questioned.

On the Wednesday of the previous week, the first thing on the agenda is "pick up Derek at airport 6:00."

Thinking about it, like mentioning Smugglers' Notch and Vermont seeming redundant, mentioning airport without specifying which one seems weird. There are small airports on LI, but most affordable flights will go to the biggies in Queens, LaGuardia or JFK. But "airport" can mean 2-3 places. If Derek is a person who routinely flies a certain route on a certain airline to a certain airport, it seems more natural to leave out the airport name and jot down the flight number and scheduled arrival time. If it's not routine, specifying the airport seems like a good idea to me, as well as airline and flight number. This is before smart phones. It was up to the person picking up to make sure the plane was really going to land on time if they didn't want to get stuck driving around an airport a rocks throw from the relatively recent 911 attack. There was no (still is no) tolerance for "standing" vehicles. And traffic is terrible.

MOO

Bbm (Ruminations, thank you for your many contributions to WS threads.)

I’m curious about the text bolded above, because the entry in the date book for Wednesday 7/16/2003 says “pick up derek at 6 am for airport.”

I interpret “for the airport” to mean he took someone TO the airport, instead of picking up someone.

Has the entry been clarified and it is now known to mean he picked up a Derek?

Maybe Derek is a local who he took to the airport, and someone else picked up Derek from the airport when he returned?

IMO

It would sure be nice to know who this Derek is.

But those aren't that big, are they? I looked at the ones on the porch now and they're just two pieces of lumber sistered together. Zoom in

<modsnip>
The neighboring homes appear to be neat & clean whereas RH’s home needs a tremendous amount of work. There are Christmas lights on the bush and the newspaper article is dated July 2023.
Was the community incorporated? Were there no complaints?

The neighboring homes appear to be neat & clean whereas RH’s home needs a tremendous amount of work. There are Christmas lights on the bush and the newspaper article is dated July 2023.
Was the community incorporated? Were there no complaints?
About xmas lights? That’s a little…much. I mean, it’s really clear they don’t have the time/energy, so complaining is a moot point. Maybe you have to have had a bottomless pit of anxiety and depression in your life to get how that can come about, idk.

Besides I’m guessing RH would have gotten back at whoever spoke up with factual complaints since he knows allll the codes.

Last edited:
What's the situation with "campsmith matches"? There's a "campsmith match" Sunday 7/13. He's picking up Derek 6am 7/16 "for airport" (agreed this sounds like he's taking someone from the area to the airport). Derek appears again 7/27 for the posts, and the last entry for that day is another "campsmith match."

This Camp Smith? "Camp Smith is a military installation of the New York Army National Guard in Cortlandt Manor near Peekskill, NY, about 30 miles north of New York City, at the northern border of Westchester County, and consists of 1,560 acres....Camp Smith has a number of training assets, such as training areas, outdoor ranges and simulators that are available to military units, law enforcement agencies, government and civilian organizations."

Was trying to find out how RH would get access since it sounds like it's mostly for the military, and saw they have some kind of employer program (ESGR) that allows bosses of employees in the service to attend.

Okay, and just found this:
Announcing the
2003 U.S. Service Rifle Clinics
M1, M14, M1A, M16, and AR15
SMALL ARMS FIRING SCHOOLS
You get one on one training so even if this is the first time you have held a rifle you'll be OK. Class room training is the first part of your training so you will know everything that you need to know about shooting and being safe before you go to the range.
(It is rumored that some instructors first job was with Gen. George Washington's troops.)

THE CAMP SMITH, APRIL 12 AND 13TH HAS BEEN MOVED BECAUSE OF THE WAR TO
Black Rock Fish and Game Club

At two locations:
Camp Smith April 12 & 13th
May 3rd & 4th
Peconic River Sportsman's Club, Manorville, L.I., May 3rd & 4th
Open to NRA members, U.S. Armed Forces, and Juniors 14 to 19 years old. (NRA membership not required for armed forces or juniors)
Adults: $50.00, U.S. Armed Forces $40.00, Juniors $25.00
M1, AR15 rifles and a limited amount of equipment will be available for loan to students free of charge, or bring your own M1, M1A, or AR15.
Sponsored by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association and approved by the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
===================================================================================
Interesting that at this date in May 2003 they were hosting per se Camp Smith events in Manorville. So I'd assume that when we see "Camp Smith" for this July timeframe RH is referencing, he may actually be in Manorville then as well.

What's the situation with "campsmith matches"? There's a "campsmith match" Sunday 7/13. He's picking up Derek 6am 7/16 "for airport" (agreed this sounds like he's taking someone from the area to the airport). Derek appears again 7/27 for the posts, and the last entry for that day is another "campsmith match."

This Camp Smith? "Camp Smith is a military installation of the New York Army National Guard in Cortlandt Manor near Peekskill, NY, about 30 miles north of New York City, at the northern border of Westchester County, and consists of 1,560 acres....Camp Smith has a number of training assets, such as training areas, outdoor ranges and simulators that are available to military units, law enforcement agencies, government and civilian organizations."

Was trying to find out how RH would get access since it sounds like it's mostly for the military, and saw they have some kind of employer program (ESGR) that allows bosses of employees in the service to attend.

Announcing the
You get one on one training so even if this is the first time you have held a rifle you'll be OK. Class room training is the first part of your training so you will know everything that you need to know about shooting and being safe before you go to the range.
(It is rumored that some instructors first job was with Gen. George Washington's troops.)

At two locations:
May 3rd & 4th
Open to NRA members, U.S. Armed Forces, and Juniors 14 to 19 years old. (NRA membership not required for armed forces or juniors)
M1, AR15 rifles and a limited amount of equipment will be available for loan to students free of charge, or bring your own M1, M1A, or AR15.
Sponsored by the New York State Rifle and Pistol Association and approved by the Civilian Marksmanship Program.
===================================================================================
Interesting that at this date in May 2003 they were hosting per se Camp Smith events in Manorville. So I'd assume that when we see "Camp Smith" for this July timeframe RH is referencing, he may actually be in Manorville then as well.
Wasn't a body part found at the camp?

Announcing the

At two locations:
May 3rd & 4th
Babylon southard park, newish find, march

The note on the calendar says “pick up Derek at 6 am for airport.” Not FROM airport.

Without knowing more, we cannot know if that means Derek was departing by air, arriving by air, or picking something up at the airport.

Given the early morning hour, I think it more likely RH was giving Derek a ride to the airport for an early morning departing flight. And given that, I think it likely Derek lives in the area, temporarily flew out, but had returned sometime in the intervening week or so to be at RH’s for the cutting of the post (if in fact Derek did that and the notation was not simply to provide cover to the sound of RH using the band saw to cut something substantial).

Perhaps RH picked Derek up at the airport when Derek returned and didn’t put it in his calendar, or perhaps Derek found another means of getting home from the airport when he returned.
What if RH and Derek both drove to an airport (RH had to pick him up for that) and neither Derek nor RH had a flight, but together did something (what?) and returned to Massapequa? Did they pick up freight perhaps, only to be handled by 2 people?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gwg3232
Back