Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
]
Going to give that thread a little bump..

Last edited:
The table may also be a way for RH to explain "cutting sounds" coming from his basement, if anyone ever asked him about it. Then he had something to show for it; "look, I was making this."
It would make sense for Rex to hire someone like a Derek, whoever he is, to help on some project. Then Rex could take credit for the work to account for his time.

In addition to explaining noises.

Good catch on picking up Derek for the airport. It could mean either a drop off or pick up. I read it as a typo- I think it means from. But it's wholely ambiguous.

If it means he's giving Derek a ride to the airport, I guess he's picking him up from home somewhere?

MOO

The neighboring homes appear to be neat & clean whereas RH’s home needs a tremendous amount of work. There are Christmas lights on the bush and the newspaper article is dated July 2023.
Was the community incorporated? Were there no complaints?
Why oh why would someone who goes to the utmost extremes to not be traced and get caught for his heinous crimes draw attention to his dilapidated home therefore drawing attention to himself ?
It's diametrically opposed.

Why oh why would someone who goes to the utmost extremes to not be traced and get caught for his heinous crimes draw attention to his dilapidated home therefore drawing attention to himself ?
Maybe, recognized as a "weirdo" by his longtime neighbors, who also felt sorry for his poor wife and children (like the supermarket cashier), was the best protection shield against nosy people, he could have had. A weirdo, who had a reputable job in the city NY, a nice Avalanche in front of the home and a simple house with the optics still from 1993. It didn't make him suspect for 30 years - very well done by him, it seems. :(

Because then you can avoid visitors. You know your wife wont let the nosy folks in.

I kinda went off with out reading all the details..busy day..but you never write stuff down and nothing is really deleted and there are all kinds of ways this stuff can still be retrieved as happened here.
I am super interested in knowing how many victims he has and when he is going to come clean and tell us he has victims going back to the eighties and there are murders that he can clear up for LE . I feel like his DNA is going to ping on cases in Manhattan etc. He better start dealing, he's not getting off and CODIS is looming..he's never going home so..

if he pulled anything in SC they will pull the switch on him. he has to be nervous.. you know Bundy got around, Keyes was always on the move...is Rex a homeboy ? or did he cross State lines? I really wish we could know all his different locales and all his travels. mOO
I doubt he will start disclosing his involvement with other victims UNLESS and UNTIL he believes he has something to gain by it.

More likely, even though unpleasantly surprised by what LE has been able to uncover through their investigation so far (of electronics, the home, the vehicle, the scenes were bodies were left), RH is enjoying the fact that there remains much that is undetected - other victims, the particulars of his crimes against his victims.

He can no longer enjoy the hunt of women, so he is enjoying his own resistance to being hunted - i.e. what he believes he has adequately hidden or destroyed to hinder LE's ability to investigate.

I doubt he will start disclosing his involvement with other victims UNLESS and UNTIL he believes he has something to gain by it.

More likely, even though unpleasantly surprised by what LE has been able to uncover through their investigation so far (of electronics, the home, the vehicle, the scenes were bodies were left), RH is enjoying the fact that there remains much that is undetected - other victims, the particulars of his crimes against his victims.

He can no longer enjoy the hunt of women, so he is enjoying his own resistance to being hunted - i.e. what he believes he has adequately hidden or destroyed to hinder LE's ability to investigate.
Frankly, I terrified the DA will just keep adding to this indictment and pushing out the trial date.

If there is no trial, there is no conviction.

If there is no conviction, there is no CODIS.

MOO

Frankly, I terrified the DA will just keep adding to this indictment and pushing out the trial date.

If there is no trial, there is no conviction.

If there is no conviction, there is no CODIS.

MOO
I guess the three other states (esp south carolina) need to get cracking?

Edit: I guess that’s where CODIS comes in, hmm. Don’t like that at all, how are you then to catch multi-state serial killers? Seems bizarre.

It seems to me Suffolk County is making up for past sins and fast, too.

Last edited:
Maybe photo's was to remind him to switch out Sims cards as they could have been hidden more easily
Photos aren't stored on sim cards but there are other options of the cards/digital devices for photo storage.
I think there are several cases of murderers that were careless with images/photos/devices and RH did have at least one burner phone with a photo of an (unidentified?) SW, who was alive and well in the photo. But RH had "film" on his list. We perhaps will never know if he had a collection of horrific images or not.MOO

48-year-old Brian Steven Smith, Alaska, arrested after a woman turned in a digital memory card on which he recorded a murder.

Wow, so he still had the green Avalanche in 2011. He wasn’t so concerned about getting rid of evidence, anymore.

and then he sold it (if it's the same one) to his brother in SC - still easy to track
he also at one point had a jeep - could there have been evidence in it? where did it end up?

Well there is no note to take Derek back to the airport !!

the entry actually says 'pick up Derek at 6 a.m. for airport'
which makes me think he was giving Derek a ride to the airport JMO

ETA: just saw others already made this point

Last edited:
Typically, a post or beam that large is cut on the ground with a circular saw with the cut end raised and supported, unless it's put into the ground or already secured to a structure. It would be difficult to handle and install the porch posts without help, especially if you haven't done it before.

A 6X6 is 5.5". Too expensive to buy to rip to a 4X4 which is readily available. I don't think he has a radial arm saw in that little packed garage. MOO I'm no expert but I grew up with a structural engineer and I inherited his radial arm saw.

there were structures in the backyard too
maybe one of them needed 6x6 posts

edit: did a google search. Apparently office in Manhattan remains open. Most recent client: Target, Grammercy Park
A few crack reviews on there...

I don't know about that. When he was arrested, he owed over 20K to his employees. And they sued. Would they still be working for him unpaid almost a year later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou