Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been discussed and argued about multiple times on this thread.

I didn't find this story credible in the first place and especially not after her multiple appearances on TV.
Attorney Ray said, and "Rex Heuerman, he's a homosexual" based on this person's statement, who did not claim to have actually seen RH have sex with her boyfriend.
As active, and distinctive RH is, over all these years, no male has claimed to have had sexual relations with Hueurmann. It would be inconceivable that RH didn't have any type of gay *advertiser censored* materials amongst his other *advertiser censored* searches. Nothing shows that AE is bisexual either.
The reason that Ray wants to push the RH also has sex with men, is to show he has something in common with JBurke, who may in fact be gay.
MOO

There are in fact a number of searches in the bail document that suggest RH was not heterosexual and was looking for explicit content involving men and people assigned male at birth (in addition to his searches for content featuring women and children). Given we only saw a fraction of what would have been thousands of searches over the years, I can't imagine they were the only ones.

MOO

there was a bunch of wood in the backyard and wooden contraptions when they searched in 2023 - viewable at this link - LE is shown taking pictures of different size lumber pieces

Thanks for posting that.
I wonder if he dismantled the table, cross beams, rack? etc and put the pieces in the back yard.

It will never be the same for me at the lumberyard.

Is it possible that RH was filming these young women while murdering and torturing them as snuff films to put online on some of the same sites he viewed rape and p.o.r.n.? Has this been discussed already here? Would the public get to know about this from the bail documents or is that something they'd keep under wraps until trial?
I've been trying to figure out why/how he chose these particular girls for his crimes. And how could he control himself the rest of the year?
He took time to pre-prep, prep, plan, and carry out, and as far as we know, only when his wife went away on vacation. The rest of the time he had "normal" relationships with other SWs.
Was this another way for him to make money? A business of sorts. Do people get paid for those kinds of photographs or videos?
I just can't see how he'd be able to control his urges to kill and just do it when the wife was away.
MOO.
ETA: Another thought. It's been said over and over again that he liked petite girls. And yet, his wife is not petite, and Nikki Brass does not look very petite imo. Wondering if he went with other females who were not petite and saved the petite ones for murder?

[bbm]

and maybe he tried to kill or did kill someone not as petite and realized how much more difficult it was
- on his document, he wrote 'small is good' under the target column

I wonder if there are victims who he hit or choked that are still too afraid to come forward or that have spoken with LE but we won't find out about until a trial

Last edited:
Regarding his note about "PHOTOS", that makes sense that he may have been talking about photos he took during "recon" events, instead of photos of his victims during "playtime" or whenever- ugh. I'm sure he would get a lot more useful information on his recon trips, if he took photos during that time. It would be less conspicuous to take a lot of photos of every angle and direction of a spot, and go over them with a fine-toothed comb in the luxury and solitude of your own home later, than to spend time in real life staring and studying, taking notes, etc., in a small area, which would stand out as looking creepy and suspicious. And you'd probably see details later that the camera caught, that you missed when you were actually there, especially if you were trying to look NOT conspicuous, suspicious, and/or creepy!

And speaking of creepy, isn't that kind of creepy that an employee on that cruise his co-worker took, did that for RH, left the note for her at her door? Just at RH's request? I assume he would have had to call the cruise company on the telephone and somehow get in touch by phone with a worker who was actually on the ship at the time the co-worker was. That's weird enough that he was able to do that much. But then in order for her to have found the note left under her cabin door, he would have had to tell the cruiseworker what to write on it, and they would have been agreeable to leaving it under her door. And to leaving it there anonymously! So that means the cruiseworker absolutely knew what the note said, since they would have to write it themself! And what it said was, "I told you I could find you anywhere." So why would a cruiseworker agree to writing that? There's no way that doesn't come across as creepy and stalkerish, no matter what cover story RH would have made up to give them over the phone to get them to do this. It must have been very convincing. Makes me think he's truly gifted in that. This is the talent he must have used in making up his miss-leaders as well, incidentally.

I would think that the only way he could get word to someone while they were in the middle of a cruise is if he claimed it was an emergency. Like seems his cover story would've had to include something about there being a death in the family or a serious accident or that their house was on fire! But apparently, he was able to get them to do it without claiming any emergency at all. What non-creepy reason could he have come up with that would convince them to leave that message? A prank? A bet? That's probably what he told them, that he made a bet w/someone and they were helping him win the bet. I don't know, I can't imagine that. Maybe he paid them to do it. I don't know what year this was, or if Venmo etc was yet available. (We could figure out the year, if we knew the age of the co-worker, since this cruise was on her 40th bday!) Just seems like a request that any cruiseworker would have refused to do for no good reason. And what good reason could there possibly be?

Unless by some major fluke, he knew a person who worked that cruise his co-worker was on. Or if he happened to know ANOTHER person who was a guest on that same cruise. But nah, that's too fluke-y. But if so, that would be easier to believe.

Most likely, the co-worker went on that cruise with other people she knew; it was to celebrate her 40th birthday, she said. I suppose you could cruise solo in celebration of your 40th bday, but she was probably w/friends or family. And/or possibly CO-WORKERS? Maybe one or more people from her office went with her, and RH set this up in advance with them before they left. Now that might have happened. They'd have to be good at keeping a secret though. And RH probably would've had to pay them to do it too.

I just find it hard to believe that first, he was able to get in touch with someone on the ship while she was on it, and then to happen to find someone who had no objection to leaving this creepy message for one of their female guests! Anyone would have to immediately think STALKER, and who wants to help out a stalker? I just wonder what he said to them.

what's a recon trip?

content involving men and people assigned male at birth (in addition to his searches for content featuring women and children).
MOO but searches like that are not uncommon, just as morbid curiosity searches do not indicate a sexual preferences, that is not the same as actual gay p material, which in itself also does not prove a sexual attraction, but I would expect to see mainstream gay p if RH was gay. I know plenty of hetero people that look at both male and female corn, it's not weird or perverted. After a man was killed from having sex with a horse, there was a surge in searches, curiosity. RH frequenting SW had to had contact with trans persons, maybe he was curious. The point is, nothing John Ray says about RH and AE sexual preferences, has merit.

MOO but searches like that are not uncommon, just as morbid curiosity searches do not indicate a sexual preferences, that is not the same as actual gay p material, which in itself also does not prove a sexual attraction, but I would expect to see mainstream gay p if RH was gay. I know plenty of hetero people that look at both male and female corn, it's not weird or perverted. After a man was killed from having sex with a horse, there was a surge in searches, curiosity. RH frequenting SW had to had contact with trans persons, maybe he was curious. The point is, nothing John Ray says about RH and AE sexual preferences, has merit.
The searches suggest he was looking for humiliation, violence, torture, pain, and death. The gender, age, and sexuality of the subjects doesn't seem to have mattered as much to him.

Being bi or pan isn't perverse, not at all, but searching pretty much exclusively for that violent tone of content is indicative of a very dark mindset and attitude surrounding sexuality. I doubt mainstream explicit material of any flavour would have done anything for him. RH wasn't interested in anything to do with consenting adults.

MOO

[bbm]

there, fixed it

(IMO)

The "Derek" notes specifically mention a "band saw." I've never seen one, so got some images and a video on how they're used.

Here's a current one. They come in many sizes:

Powermatic Band Saw: Vertical, 230V AC, 14 1/2 in Throat Dp - Vertical, 3,100, 10 Left To 45 Right Model: 1791500
Another, and interestingly enough, this one's description notes "woodchipper":
1719033611284.png

Here's a video showing a woodcutter's bandsaw in operation:

These things are massive and evidently not that easy to operate. Is "Derek" this person's real name? Does "Derek" know Bittrolff? IS "Derek" Bittrolff??

The searches suggest he was looking for humiliation, violence, torture, pain, and death. The gender, age, and sexuality of the subjects doesn't seem to have mattered as much to him.

Being bi or pan isn't perverse, not at all, but searching pretty much exclusively for that violent tone of content is indicative of a very dark mindset and attitude surrounding sexuality. I doubt mainstream explicit material of any flavour would have done anything for him. RH wasn't interested in anything to do with consenting adults.

MOO

Well, I'm confused, did you mean this to say RH is not heterosexual? There are murderers that have violent sex and kill of the same or opposite sex, but don't have the same urges with any/all sexes they engage with. To be clear, it is Ray that is always referring to the moral problems with "swappers/switchers/homosexuals" and it leading to what RH did. I didn't mean you thought anything was perverse. edit It is also offensive that Ray is trying to link other males that may be gay, to him, and being involved in the murders or a cover up of the murders. I believe that is Ray's reason he keeps pushing this narrative.MOO
There are in fact a number of searches in the bail document that suggest RH was not heterosexual

Last edited:
I would really like to know what RH meant by MISS-LEADERS under the heading PROBLEMS in his notes. All the other items are self-explanatory or can be easily figured out what he meant, but this particular one I can't figure out. I can't even come up w/any possibles yet. I saw someone in an earlier thread thought they knew what it meant, and another poster even agreed w/them, but I didn't see how it could be right, bc of the fact that he had listed this under PROBLEMS. I've forgotten what the other poster thought it meant, but I remember thinking that couldn't be it, because that really didn't fit as a "problem" for RH. So I'd like someone with more creativity than I have to see if they can figure out what he meant by MISS-LEADERS. Could it be a construction/architecture term? Was he ever in Mississippi? Did he mean the word 'mislead', like people who misled him, i.e. liars? Or things he wanted to keep in mind to more easily mislead others? (I think that's more what the other poster guessed he meant.)

Am I correct that he wrote these notes long after he'd killed his 1st victim allegedly? About 10 yrs after even? So he wasn't exactly a rookie at it, but he was obviously still working on improvements. It comes across to me as written after only say, 3 or 4, maybe 5 kills. But seems like there would have been many more in that many years, but maybe he was just slow starting, picking up speed (victims) later.

MISS-LEADERS... something he considered one of the many problems he might encounter, or already had encountered. I'm just drawing blanks. What could he have meant by that???
A miss-leader cld be a strong woman, strong personality, definately wld be put under problems category. Or people in news leading in wrong direction...maybe leading rt to him. Did he harass any reporters, etc could be construed as a problem cld be a leader type personaloty in his circle that he wanted to miss or lose. So a few thoughts tgere

Well, I'm confused, did you mean this to say RH is not heterosexual? There are murderers that have violent sex and kill of the same or opposite sex, but don't have the same urges with any/all sexes they engage with. To be clear, it is Ray that is always referring to the moral problems with "swappers/switchers/homosexuals" and it leading to what RH did. I didn't mean you thought anything was perverse.
I meant that he was not exclusively seeking women and girls, for whatever.

His searches online show that he was looking up male and gender diverse subjects, too.

How he personally identifies is a mystery.

But his searches suggest that for the purpose of fantasy, he was an omnivore. He wasn't restricted to young middle class college women with dark hair parted in the middle, for example.

MOO

The "Derek" notes specifically mention a "band saw." I've never seen one, so got some images and a video on how they're used.

Here's a current one. They come in many sizes:

Powermatic Band Saw: Vertical, 230V AC, 14 1/2 in Throat Dp - Vertical, 3,100, 10 Left To 45 Right Model: 1791500
Another, and interestingly enough, this one's description notes "woodchipper":
View attachment 512263

Here's a video showing a woodcutter's bandsaw in operation:

These things are massive and evidently not that easy to operate. Is "Derek" this person's real name? Does "Derek" know Bittrolff? IS "Derek" Bittrolff??
Woodworking is a shared interest, carpenter, Architect, power tools. Ugh

There's something with those wood chips. NYT refers to them as "wood shavings." Wood chips were found with the remains of Rita Tangredi (last seen Nov 1/2 1993, remains recovered Nov 2), Sandra Costilla (body recovered Nov 21), and Colleen McNamee (last seen January 5 1994, body recovered Jan 30). NYT: "At both murder scenes, the killer had left clues. The same item of clothing was missing from both areas, and their nude bodies were posed identically. Near the bodies were wood shavings. And both Ms. McNamee and Ms. Tangredi had been beaten so badly that brain tissue was exposed."

The Nov to January time frame coincides with duck hunting season in New York. Most of these dates also seem to coincide with waterfowl/duck hunting season for Long Island specifically (which can vary, the link below's current website info). Also would be open for turkey hunting, and I believe deer hunting/archery.

Among the many uses for wood chips/shavings would be fuel. If one has a cabin in the woods, one might use wood shavings in a compost system, and particularly a compost heating system. It's pretty cold in NY that time of year. I know someone mentioned on here (and I've seen this as well) that RH owned a duck hunting boat with someone else. I'm wondering now about a cabin, too (not registered in RH's name) and these were in some respect actual hunting (duck, turkey, deer?) trips. But not really, or not completely. These turned into a different type of "hunting" trip like we see in the HK doc. And perhaps it wasn't just the cabin, either, it might have had some underground space/root cellar type of area.

"Near the bodies were wood shavings." Some fabrics really, really hang on to those wood shavings. What if the bodies were wrapped in some kind of fabric that held on to those shavings, and when they removed the bodies, some of those shavings scattered around them? Or what if they'd stored the bodies out in the compost area until they moved them? Maybe they were concealed for a time in compost. I just have a feeling those wood chips are vitally important, MOO.

There's something with those wood chips. NYT refers to them as "wood shavings." Wood chips were found with the remains of Rita Tangredi (last seen Nov 1/2 1993, remains recovered Nov 2), Sandra Costilla (body recovered Nov 21), and Colleen McNamee (last seen January 5 1994, body recovered Jan 30). NYT: "At both murder scenes, the killer had left clues. The same item of clothing was missing from both areas, and their nude bodies were posed identically. Near the bodies were wood shavings. And both Ms. McNamee and Ms. Tangredi had been beaten so badly that brain tissue was exposed."

The Nov to January time frame coincides with duck hunting season in New York. Most of these dates also seem to coincide with waterfowl/duck hunting season for Long Island specifically (which can vary, the link below's current website info). Also would be open for turkey hunting, and I believe deer hunting/archery.

Among the many uses for wood chips/shavings would be fuel. If one has a cabin in the woods, one might use wood shavings in a compost system, and particularly a compost heating system. It's pretty cold in NY that time of year. I know someone mentioned on here (and I've seen this as well) that RH owned a duck hunting boat with someone else. I'm wondering now about a cabin, too (not registered in RH's name) and these were in some respect actual hunting (duck, turkey, deer?) trips. But not really, or not completely. These turned into a different type of "hunting" trip like we see in the HK doc. And perhaps it wasn't just the cabin, either, it might have had some underground space/root cellar type of area.

"Near the bodies were wood shavings." Some fabrics really, really hang on to those wood shavings. What if the bodies were wrapped in some kind of fabric that held on to those shavings, and when they removed the bodies, some of those shavings scattered around them? Or what if they'd stored the bodies out in the compost area until they moved them? Maybe they were concealed for a time in compost. I just have a feeling those wood chips are vitally important, MOO.
Omg, always thought wood chips were a miss-leader,(lol) ya know- to change mo...or just from all that woodworking. Nvr for a min did i think not involved and ducks and hunting and boat and open area to commit crimes!! Wonder if chips were tested for blood, dna, etc. Wow

''And according to court papers, the team also documented three email accounts using fake names, including John Springfield, Thomas Hawk and Hunter1903a3, and all linked to those burner numbers. And prosecutors say that Heuermann was using a burner phone to send these selfies to "solicit and arrange for sexual activity."
Hunter1903a3:
1992 Muscle Cards II 63 Ford Galaxie #190 3a3

Is he a collector and a "hunter" for rare cards? (Like he was a "hunter" for his mannny weapons?)

(DBM-meant to reply to the comment below)
Karen Vergata is noted as missing on or about Feb 14 1996 (never reported missing- I am guessing that since this was the last known contact that date is used alot as last known contact) but there should be prison records of a release date later, that would be evidence of her last verified sighting. Her legs were found April 20, 1996. So was she released from prison sometime between Feb and April 20 obviously, but when???

In an interview , her father stated she called him collect from Prison on Feb 14, 1996. I have been trying to find prison or jail records to see when she was released. But do not have Ancestry etc... have not found anything else yet on NY government websites. For the Vergata affidavit to be accurate, Karen would have to of been released within days of Feb 14, 1996. The affiant thought it was Valentines day or just days after.
If anyone has better skills at finding when she was released, that would be helpful
View attachment 512239
i feel like I have to point out:

Karen was reported missing but LE agencies were unwilling to take the report.

This happens sometimes, so whenever I hear, "_____ was never reported missing," I assume it to mean, "Missing persons reports were not accepted."

I feel like it must be so hurtful to loved ones when they hear that no one reported their relatives missing when the reality is they tried and were told it was the wrong thing to do for some reason.

MOO

Last edited:
By guy g

i feel like I have to point out:

Karen was reported missing but LE agencies were unwilling to take the report.

This happens sometimes, so whenever I hear, "_____ was never reported missing," I assume it to mean, "Missing persons reports were not accepted."

I feel like it must be so hurtful to loved ones when they hear that no one reported their relatives missing when the reality is they tried and were told it was the wrong thing to do for some reason.

MOO
By Guy g? Is this a typo?

MOO
And curiosity is, well, curiosity. There are infinite things to be curious about. Curiosity is not disinterest.

Rex was looking into crimes captured on film without regard to gender ID.

It's the crimes that are the problem. Not the expansion beyond straight/cis crimes.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member