Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #14

It’s hard to find a really clear image of the thing - but am I seeing a lamp mounted off the upright post closest to the house? It appears broken/bent in the first image below, but not broken in the earlier image.
View attachment 514544View attachment 514545
Having seen so many similar devices used by hunters ( and even gardeners)....

I do wonder if any neighbors could chime on any evidence of hunting activity??
It could rule some thoughts in or out.
I have a hunch, that it's only us here on WS who are concerned!! ha ha ..

Last edited:
Having seen so many similar devices used by hunters ( and even gardeners)....

I do wonder if any neighbors could chime on any evidence of hunting activity??
It could rule some thoughts in or out.
I have a hunch, that it's only is on WS who are concerned!! ha ha ..
I, for one, admit that that thing haunts me more than it ought to!

I think Megnut had a very plausible idea- Rex built it primarily to account for his time.

It is way too strong to hang a deer. But it's not way too tall, if Rex is NOT of the opinion for deer species that small is good.

I still haven't found the neighbor quote that Rex did do stuff to deer on a swing set. At this point, I might be planting a memory in my own head as I search unsuccessfully for that.

MOO

Could not velieve

No, no one has posted that and Wow. As i recall Rex had a property in fl. There i def something afoot no matter what. 18 vehicles and a tent at rt 88, ty
Theres a post in here discussing a NB SK suspect movng to florida. Is it possible you are getting mixed up?

The exterior door is probably 7' talk- 84". There are three steps to the stoop- they are likely 8" each. The door is probably more than an inch above the surface of the stoop. 84+24=108" that's 9' to the gutters of the house- low estimate.

The apparatus to me appears about as high as the gutters, although it could be camera angles. It's got to be 8 1/2 feet tall, right? That's 1 1/2 feet more than a doorway.

A 6x6 post is sold 16 feet long. So cut in halves the long parts could be 8' (Thanks, Derek, but I'll get it cut where I buy it.)

I don't know anything about hunting/eating the meat, but it sounds like it's not typical to bring a whole hunted deer home then prepare it. I think I recall a neighbor saying Rex did this, but Buckeye says the meat would be ruined. You could reasonably get a deer out of the woods in Manorville, in your truck, and home to Massapequa Park and hanging in, say, 1 1/2 hours? Is that fast enough for good meat?

Still, just how high do you need to hoist a deer? An engine? And why do either in your backyard when the driveway is more convenient to your vehicle that carries the deer it needs its engine removed?

Children's swings are not usually hung from so high in backyards, but that's part of why backyard swings are meh. I don't agree that anyone is too old to swing or spin- we all have different sensory needs that are typically more intense in childhood- but everyone is different. But as a supersnoop said, I'd feel better if there were bolts designed to hang a swing. And why not just hang a swing from the tree the apparatus is stored beneath? And why keep it too close to the fence to allow a decent swing?

Bench swings are rarely hung from so high. They are designed to move gently- not get a swing going such that you need to hold on.

It seems nefarious. But- how can it be nefarious in the back yard? The tree cover does not seem adequate for crimes or legal kinks, IMO.

MOO
It might also be the case that there is an adult child in the house that might like to have a swing bench, or backyard swing. I am considering a possibly neurodiverse adult.
The Frame would need to be sturdy, and higher to accommodate an adult sized person.

It might have needed to be home-built and sturdy as such items aren’t usually designed for adults.

There are number of photos of “sensory swing autism adult” diy on-line that look very similar.

Looks to me like it’s a robust swing frame for a larger teen or adult.

Last edited:
Theres a post in here discussing a NB SK suspect movng to florida. Is it possible you are getting mixed up?
During depositions related to Rex apparently jumping out in front of cars then suing drivers for his injuries, Rex mentioned driving to Florida. I don't recall his mentioning property.

MOO

It might also be the case that there is an adult child in the house that might like to have a swing bench, or backyard swing. I am considering a possibly neurodiverse adult.
The Frame would need to be sturdy, and higher to accommodate an adult sized person.

It might have needed to be home-built and sturdy as such items aren’t usually designed for adults.
Agree-

I think it is dangerously too high to hang a bench swing. But a playground-style swing? That thing would make a superior frame to get a real swing going- much better than a big-box store product.

But- I don't believe it without the hardware.

I think the most likely innocent explanation is an overbuilt tool for hanging deer. There is a tiny rope and carabiner on it. It's puny, but could hold a deer. It doesn't need 6x6's. 2x4's are plenty!

MOO

For refreshing:

2. Address History.
(1) 103 Main St, Trailer #4, North Reading, MA 01864
(2) 105 1st Ave, Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(3) 108 1st Ave, Massapequa Park, NY 11762
(4) 1366 Huron Rd, North Brunswick, NJ 08902
(5) 824 W Osborn Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85013
(6) 1427 Main St, West Warwick, RI 02893
(7) 7428 Beechwood Ave, Beverly Hills, MI 48025
(8) 87 Columbia St, New York, NY 10002
(9) 36 Ridgewood Way, Burlington, NJ 08016
(10) 5499 W Tropicana Avenue, #1012, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89103

This is the list. Yes, know about tge rt 88 guy moving to fl. Have been talking about possibility of rt
If someone finds i can they please repost it. Ive never heard anything about RH having ties to Florida

No, but she was in jail in tampa supposedly
Not confusing it w nb suspect. A investigaror moved to fl, knew about the jail sentence, she moved to li, met rex. From germany posted it. The locales. That how i thru sleuthing put together ri and ma addresses for rex. Sleuthing. Have gone thru each n every post when new. Tho knew lots already. Put out the info on 18 cars, rent in mass as was a spectacle. That was my interest in nb. Not on paper did he own, but means visits possible.

If monsters were monsters all of the time, it'd be easier to identify them.

Perhaps this was the start of a promise to build an adult-sized swingset, and like many promises, maybe he never got around to finishing it. Yet the promise held charm.

He works so hard to provide.... and look, in his spare time, he's building this swingset....

Perhaps he had two purposes in mind, one to satiate the family, one for less manipulative, more maniacal purposes.

If he was field dressing wildlife at home, IMO it had nothing to do with hunting, dressing or venison. It was to maintain his hunting camouflage (hunting is acceptable, killing is not) AND to account for blood and bone.

If sadistic killing is his lifeblood, every other part of his life exists to serve it IMO. Everything external is a ruse.

JMO

It’s hard to find a really clear image of the thing - but am I seeing a lamp mounted off the upright post closest to the house? It appears broken/bent in the first image below, but not broken in the earlier image.
View attachment 514544View attachment 514545
That apparatus resembles a poor attempt at a homemade swing set to me. moo
I totally agree. The backyard is not level and the left side had added wood to make it even. As a licensed architect, Rex does shoddy work.

Where/when did "Stockholm Syndrome" appear? Was it in the blueprint?

It occurs to me that most everyone now what's Stockholm Syndrome is. NOW. But THEN? I wonder if RH encountered the term THEN and found it fascinating in that it gave A NAME to what he was already instinctively doing to create a power-based codependent dynamic within his own family. Talk about an over-built construct. But it would have to be, to maintain the appearance and cover of family while committing and continuing to commit these atrocities, sometimes under the very same roof.

He could probably write the manual -- maybe he did, and it's deleted off another device -- on how to maintain a family for the purposes of covering ones crimes. Just like an abductor, how to keep people from leaving, even when technically the door is open.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuther1957