Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would not surprise me if RH used any one of the places you suggested, maybe even include old garages with bathrooms.
Considering how he nearly hurt the girl working backstage at a school production, could his ultimate fantasy be to do what he allegedly does, in a theater setting?
Are there many abandoned theaters around RH's stomping grounds? speculation, imo.
Have wondered on this as well. From what I can see, the Flushing RKO Theater might have been accessible back then, it's definitely accessible at various points since the 80s. A lot of these theaters, though, are more vacant than abandoned, they're not in use but someone does have them fairly well secured. From the looks of what's available online, the Flushing RKO is one that might be of interest because it's in a state of complete ruin and has clearly been accessed and vandalized, and over the course of a very long period of time. At one point, part of it was demolished.
In regards to the abandoned house theory, there are some unsolved homicide victims and jane does who were found in abandoned houses
Totally, totally agreed. Would guess RH is tied to many Jane Does and some of the Does are found very near ruins Muttontown and Lattingtown Jane Doe, Freeport Jane Doe. Welwyn Preserve (Lattingtown Jane Doe) has ruins. There's Knollwood Estate, proximity to where they found Muttontown Jane Doe. There's a sanitarium that's abandoned close to Freeport. If he'd use ruins (big "if"), he'd use houses. My guess is he might prefer the ruins because they're usually more expansive and there are no neighbors. If someone stumbled upon him, I'd guess he'd kill that person as well, or if the situation provided maybe start flashing architectural IDs with some story. But I still think he used houses as well, either those he stumbled upon himself or those he already knew about through his work.

You just never know. I don't know if it happened, but it's certainly possible, and if it's remotely possible, I'd worry about RH, who was actually going around compiling "to do" lists for murdering people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back