Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 6 murders, July 2023 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Date' re-fresher.. (The background kind of creepy, considering...imo)
Aug 14, 2023 Law&Crime Sidebar with Jesse Weber
''In a new development in the Gilgo Beach serial killer case, new charges have been brought against the accused, Rex Heuermann. As the investigation unfolds, the Law&Crime Network's Angenette Levy sat down with Nikkie Brass, a sex worker who claims to have dated Heuermann in the past. In an exclusive interview, Brass shared her chilling experience with the alleged serial killer, shedding light on his unsettling behavior and the red flags that raised her suspicions.Subscribe for more Law&Crime: https://bit.ly/LawAndCrimeNetworkDuring the interview, Nikkie Brass recounted her encounter with Rex Heuermann, revealing that he "weirded her out" when he brought up the topic of the Long Island killings. Brass, who had been following the case closely, said that Heuermann's comments and demeanor during their interaction left her deeply unsettled. She noted that his fascination with the murders and his peculiar mannerisms led her to believe that he was, in fact, the Gilgo Beach serial killer. Brass's firsthand account provides a unique and disturbing perspective on the accused, raising questions about his potential involvement in the heinous crimes that have haunted Long Island for years. As the case against Rex Heuermann progresses, Nikkie Brass's revelations add another layer to the complex and disturbing narrative surrounding the Gilgo Beach murders.''

Disclaiming FWIW I'm not an expert whatsoever.

I assume that anything which occurs within the timeframe of the marriage would be protected by spousal privilege regardless the current status of their divorce proceedings. I believe this would also include any discussions, revelations or "discoveries" made by either party within the timeframe of the marriage (such as knowledge of "personal interests" etc). Again JMO etc.

Considering the fact that other properties have changed hands recently, I do have to wonder what that could mean for the future of this case. Whether the property outside NY has anything to do with RH crimes and if AE selling it off is any indication as to her level of knowledge, whether this could have an impact or affect the limitations of spousal privilege etc. JMO.
I learned from another case that in Idaho, spousal privilege means the accused, defendant spouse can invoke that privilege against a witness spouse in certain circumstances- such as the victim is not a child. So, for instance, if I saw my spouse rob a bank in Idaho, and heard my spouse later in the day complain about how little cash banks hold these days, and I I gave a deposition saying so, my accused spouse could keep that from trial even if I wanted to testify.

IANAL, but I don't believe it works that way in NY. I believe the witness spouse can not be compelled to testify except in situations such as the victim is a child, but the accused spouse can't silence the witness spouse either.

In addition, when giving information to friends or to the press, lying is not a crime. So, there is no legal danger in saying something untruthful as a witness to anyone, including the press. There is only a problem saying something untruthful under oath, such as if one elected to testify.

The witness might be giving truthful statements. But there is nothing compelling her to do so.

MOO

I learned from another case that in Idaho, spousal privilege means the accused, defendant spouse can invoke that privilege against a witness spouse in certain circumstances- such as the victim is not a child. So, for instance, if I saw my spouse rob a bank in Idaho, and heard my spouse later in the day complain about how little cash banks hold these days, and I I gave a deposition saying so, my accused spouse could keep that from trial even if I wanted to testify.

IANAL, but I don't believe it works that way in NY. I believe the witness spouse can not be compelled to testify except in situations such as the victim is a child, but the accused spouse can't silence the witness spouse either.

In addition, when giving information to friends or to the press, lying is not a crime. So, there is no legal danger in saying something untruthful as a witness to anyone, including the press. There is only a problem saying something untruthful under oath, such as if one elected to testify.

The witness might be giving truthful statements. But there is nothing compelling her to do so.

MOO
WOW, where did you find the info about the lying?? That is crazy. Thank GOD New York doesn't follow Idaho!!

I don't think, he was able to shut his mouth all the time about that topic. And I don't think, she was able not to ask. There may have been a tacit agreement to enable the other to live a life without too many scruples. MOO
"Or use it to scare her, maybe?? She appeared so surprised at the beginning though...unless just shocked he got caught?"

That's what I do to myself when I think about this case in my head lol

so his wife says she did not know Rex was into BSDM and torture? never any hint...mOO
My High School friends dad was …. Super catholic family. Dad sr exec making millions, mum had 10 kids. No makeup, hairdryers, nail polish or boyfriends for the girls. Mom sewed own clothes, very conservative. Parents were away & we “broke into” his office through a window, no one was ever allowed in the office, ever …thought found keys into his liquor cabinet but it was his video & mag pawn cupboard. We didn’t know the name for this stuff but his was hardcore bondage. What an education for us. Were sheet-scared he would find out we had been in there. Were shell-shocked - Forgot all about the alcohol.
No way his wife knew. No way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns