Girl, 8, sent home 24 times for smelling

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, treeseeker. Sometimes it's the parent(s) doing the bullying. In my case, it was my alcoholic rageaholic father. I had a schizophrenic mother, but I don't blame her in the least. The poor thing was also bullied by my father.

Sha, I am SO SORRY! Your story broke my heart the first time I read it up thread and I feel for you, sister! No child should have to go through that! I can not begin to imagine what that must have been like and my heart goes out to you. Sending you a cyber hug! <3

I think it's a simple basic hygiene issue, and not something unique or rare.
I am also not sure why it's at the bullying section. Who is getting bullied here?

I think the original poster was suggesting the school was bullying the girl by sending her home for her odor.

It is very true cheap shoes can and do make for very smelly feet! But sexual abuse could also b an issue or bed wetting. Someone needs to identify exactly where the odor comes from. Maybe she just needs deoderant fps :(

Mom's FB:
https://www.facebook.com/hensleykrystal

Sorry, the picture of the kids on the dirty, bare mattress that appears to just be on the floor next to the dirty wall doesn't instill much faith about the care of the kids.

I'm thinking CPS didn't launch much, if any, of an investigation into why this little girl smells so bad.

I have a really, really hard time with neglect cases.

Wow i agree and sorry moms own hygiene looked vry questionable to me, i also wonder if she is learning disabled in some way or if its just lack of teeth....the video and home look like deliverance to me, sorry. Why isnt there an open cps case on this?

I finally saw the video and it looks like the mom has some physical deformity. Very short arms and lower trunk. I'm not not sure it would be called deformity, but isn't in proportion and neither is the nose and upper palate, even with missing uppers.. Her own hair doesn't look clean and, as my mother would say, seems off in the head. The yard also almost looks staged with the toys.

I finally saw the video and it looks like the mom has some physical deformity. Very short arms and lower trunk. I'm not not sure it would be called deformity, but isn't in proportion and neither is the nose and upper palate, even missing with missing uppers.. Her own hair doesn't look clean and, as my mother woul say, seems off in the head. The yard also almost looks staged with the toys.

txsvicki, she's a dwarf.

My database is listing her as 29, but I don't see how that's possible unless she REALLY looks bad for 29.

Okay here's the father, her husband and he has public pictures of the kids inside their home.

https://www.facebook.com/jamesdhensley82/photos

The girls bunkbed has a bare mattress (what is with the lack of fitted sheets?) and their room is piled to the ceiling with crap.

These people are hoarders.

I'm sure that house REEKS with the dogs and who knows what else. Even if she does bathe daily (which I doubt) everything in that house probably smells.

I don't put any value in CPS investigation. If a child isn't beaten and starved, it's likely all good for CPS.

I didn't want to be offensive and say dwarf in relation IQ. She had such a blank look on her face at one point. I wonder if she has physical problems related to dwarfism along with separate learning disability.

I didn't want to be offensive and say dwarf in relation IQ. She had such a blank look on her face at one point. I wonder if she has physical problems related to dwarfism along with separate learning disability.

I don't know much about the disorder. I have a neighbor with dwarfism (is that the proper way to say it?) and he's smart as heck, nothing cognitive.

If anything, she seems burnt out from drug use to me.

Dwarfism usually doesn't affect intelligence.

Mom's twitter:
https://twitter.com/jamessgirl3

Scroll to the bottom before her page got taken over by some workathome scam and she posts about depression, being suicidal, trying to start meds and repeatedly posts to Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife's page (??) about needing help with her depression.

After reading this *I* am now thoroughly depressed for her chipper, happy looking, beautiful and neglected daughters and am discouraged and disgusted by our sytem. This mother obviously needs some pretty major help and is falling through the cracks.

I have no clue what her motivation was to go to the media. Assessing her probable diminished mental capacity from everything I've read/seen her post I'm going to conclude that despite her issues she actually really wants her daughter to be in school (a good thing) and honestly doesn't understand why she's being sent home (a sad thing).

This family is in crisis. So ultimately I'm super glad Mom just put a spotlight (unwittingly) onto herself. I hope CPS does the right thing and steps in to HELP these people.

Mom's twitter:
https://twitter.com/jamessgirl3

Scroll to the bottom before her page got taken over by some workathome scam and she posts about depression, being suicidal, trying to start meds and repeatedly posts to Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife's page (??) about needing help with her depression.

After reading this *I* am now thoroughly depressed for her chipper, happy looking, beautiful and neglected daughters and am discouraged and disgusted by our sytem. This mother obviously needs some pretty major help and is falling through the cracks.

I have no clue what her motivation was to go to the media. Assessing her probable diminished mental capacity from everything I've read/seen her post I'm going to conclude that despite her issues she actually really wants her daughter to be in school (a good thing) and honestly doesn't understand why she's being sent home (a sad thing).

This family is in crisis. So ultimately I'm super glad Mom just put a spotlight (unwittingly) onto herself. I hope CPS does the right thing and steps in to HELP these people.

I think you are dead on target with that statement.

Someone previously mentioned possible olfactory issues due to the presumable palate issues and lack of uppers. While that sounds plausible, surely dad, friends, family, cousins, someone other than the school HAS to notice, right?

Maybe mom is sending her for a bath, but she's not bathing, or she is simply wetting herself. Getting in a tub and not using soap. Regardless, the pictures do reveal clutter. You can tell the mattresses are old as well, possibly were used, hand me downs *cringes*.

Are there siblings? The little girl may not have clean dry towels or even any soap much of the time. Clean clothes either. A person totally incapacitated at times with depression might not go buy supplies or do any laundry much less get up and supervise baths. I hope other posters aren't right about drugs. Dog and Beth are more known for encouraging people to get off drugs than to help with depression.

Gypsy Road, I just sat here and read your kind message over and over again. Thank you very much. It's so nice to know people understand and care.

Sha, I am SO SORRY! Your story broke my heart the first time I read it up thread and I feel for you, sister! No child should have to go through that! I can not begin to imagine what that must have been like and my heart goes out to you. Sending you a cyber hug! <3

The facebook photos and comments are so enlightening. These girls are VERY loved - no wonder CPS didn't remove them. But as others said, it's clear from the pics inside the home that this family needs a lot of help with cleaning up the home and the mother's depression.

In the Easter egg bench photo of the two girls, it's obvious hygiene is the issue. Those two girls are filthy. Prayers that this family gets the help they need and can remain together in a healthier home life situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back