Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lookie what I found!!!

Y'all S'ppose?

2878942350045078242S600x600Q851_zps4e7068fb.jpg

I found the photo in the Washington Irving H.S. (NYC) 1970 yearbook. Her initials are WF.

She might not have as much cheekbone as the girl in the Alcala photo. But everything else looks spot-on. She even has the same demure facial expression.

Washington Irving HS is less than a mile from NYU, where Alcala was a film school student from 1968 to 1971.

:bump:

... Bumping my post up to Page #5.

I started looking in yearbooks again last night after watching the Aphrodite Jones' True Crime episode on the Rodney Alcala story on the Investigation Discovery Channel. I'm pretty certain that this is the same girl.

Truely amazing! How many pictures you must have gone through...

You are great!

I knew that Alcala was in NYC from '68 to '71, attending NYU film school. So I figured out which high schools were near the NYU campus.

I had only been looking for a couple of hours. This was about the fourth book (from two different high schools) that I looked in, and only the seniors were in the books.

I tried finding her name in Facebook, and the online people-search sites. I couldn't find anyone with her name who was approximately 60 years old. She also isn't listed in the Classmates alumni listing.

I tried finding her name in Facebook, and the online people-search sites. I couldn't find anyone with her name who was approximately 60 years old. She also isn't listed in the Classmates alumni listing.

There's no known missing persons or homicide report but her high-school-age name doesn't Google?

Nailed it Carl! That does look like it could be her for sure. I concur.

Let us know if you want help searching the name.

There's no known missing persons or homicide report but her high-school-age name doesn't Google?

I found a couple dozen women with the same name, but none who were approximately 60 years old.

Nailed it Carl! That does look like it could be her for sure. I concur.

Let us know if you want help searching the name.

Sure - I PM'd you her name. If anyone else wants her name, PM me, and I will give it to you.

The administrators have asked that we not discuss persons by name unless they are officially named in connection with the case, or are listed missing persons.

This is an incredible match! Nose...lips...even eyebrows match. The only thing that bothers me a bit is the eyes (they seem darker in the B&W), but its obvious that she is looking into light in the Alcala photo. EVEN the frame of her hair on her forehead matches! This is the best match of any I've seen on here. I would be happy to help you find her if you would PM me her name. It's unfortunate that women change their name after marriage...:( I'm happy to help in any way that I can. I'm 100% committed to this case!

Fabulous job!!!

Matches: 1) Totally the same hair. I've been a sucker for "totally the same hair" on thread after thread and it still exerts a strong pull. 2) What may be a small mole in almost but not quite the same place over the right eyebrow. 3) Maybe a darkened area around the mouth. (Very subtle if not imaginary on WF.) 4) Mouth. (Lips may be a little fuller on the UID but it's very close.) 5) Eyebrows.

Mismatches: 1) Cheekbones. 2) Chin. (Wider on WF with maybe a subtle hint of cleft? Sharp on UID.) 3) Nose. (Narrower on WF.) 4) Top of head. (Broader on UID. Could be the result of a slight difference in viewing angle.)

Overall, I'm not seeing a match. The nose, the chin, and an indefinable something around the eyes. I'm also a little skeptical given WF doesn't seem to be identified as a cold case missing or homicide.

Matches: 1) Totally the same hair. I've been a sucker for "totally the same hair" on thread after thread and it still exerts a strong pull. 2) What may be a small mole in almost but not quite the same place over the right eyebrow. 3) Maybe a darkened area around the mouth. (Very subtle if not imaginary on the left.) 4) Mouth. (Lips may be a little fuller on the right but it's very close.) 5) Eyebrows.

Mismatches: 1) Cheekbones. 2) Chin. (Wider on left with maybe a subtle hint of cleft? Sharp on the right.) 3) Nose. (Narrower on left.) 4) Top of head. (Broader on the right. Could be the result of a slight difference in viewing angle.)

Overall, I'm not seeing a match. The nose, the chin, and an indefinable something around the eyes. I'm also a little skeptical given this person doesn't seem to be identified as a cold case missing or homicide.

The differences you are seeing regarding the differences, I believe are due to angle. In the yearbook photo, the face is straight on. It is angled in the Alcala photo. Also, remember that its possible that she was one of the early ones who were "just" raped by this monster. She could still be very much a victim, but didn't lose her life.

It's closer than any other photo match I've seen on Websleuths to date.

I can maybe just barely account for the top of the head with the viewing angle difference. It's very unclear how that angle removes cheekbones, thins the nose, or widens the chin. The one with the skinny chin is the one with her head tilted up, bringing the chin closer to the lens than is the rest of her face. Other things being equal, the way foreshortening works, she should be the one whose lower face looks fuller. Those heads are not the same shape.

Staring harder, some of what I'm seeing as a difference in nose thickness could be from vertical stripe artifacts on WF's picture. Mentally subtracting those ... I don't know. Still having problems with chin, cheekbones, and overall head shape.

As for the cheekbones, the difference is exaggerated (1) by the shadow cast by her hair in the Alcala photo, and (2) the camera's vantage point is at chin-level and slightly more to her left, thereby placing her cheekbone right at the outline of her head. The angle of the camera in WF's photo places the outline of her head at the temple with less of a shadow cast by her hair. Also, the shadow on the Alcala photo is at the level of the corner of her eye. WF's shadow is not as strong, and falls lower on her cheek.

And I do believe that the Alcala Girl's nose appears fatter due to (1) the way the shadow hits the crease between the ala and the tip of her nose and the shadow under her nose, (2) the foreshortening due to the lower camera angle, and (3) the strong lighting casting a reflection right on the tip of her nose.

Also the apparent difference in the tops of the heads are entirely explainable by the differences in the camera angle. You can see more of the top of WF's head because the camera's vantage point is higher.

The two things that cinch it for me are (1) they both have the same jowl between the corner of the mouth and the jawline (2) the creases above and below the eyelids are identical.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back