Girl with dark long hair and fur coat.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
dhfm13.jpg

Side by side - to me her lips/mouth area dont match but Im not the best at that sort of thing!

Her mouth/lips could be swollen if she was injured/duct taped there. I noticed the resemblance between the young woman in the photo and Rose Cole, too.

The '69 and '71 yearbooks are unavailable in Classmates.com. I'm thinking there's a decent chance that we could find more in those books. The '68 book is available, but I didn't see anyone that I recognized.

Have you looked at that school on myspace and facebook? There has to be people that went to that school during the time frame as the girl in the yearbook so if you searched by schools, then dates you could email all the people that are in that certain time frame and ask if they remember her? If they dont remember her its possible they have a copy of their year book that may be of help. Also, most schools keep copies of their year books so it could be possible they have the ones from 69 and 71.

Have you looked at that school on myspace and facebook? There has to be people that went to that school during the time frame as the girl in the yearbook so if you searched by schools, then dates you could email all the people that are in that certain time frame and ask if they remember her? If they dont remember her its possible they have a copy of their year book that may be of help. Also, most schools keep copies of their year books so it could be possible they have the ones from 69 and 71.

Yeah, FB, but not MySpace - I went through the class of '70 yearbook, and anyone with an uncommon name, I looked them up in Facebook. I found about 15 or so likely matches, and sent out FB private messages to 11 of them, but received only three replies, and none of the three remember WF.

Yeah, FB, but not MySpace - I went through the class of '70 yearbook, and anyone with an uncommon name, I looked them up in Facebook. I found about 15 or so likely matches, and sent out FB private messages to 11 of them, but received only three replies, and none of the three remember WF.

I commend your persistence Carl.

IIRC, WF had no activities at all listed by her picture so she literally might have been under everyone's radar screen. one thing might help boost the chance of getting someone to remember her. I have no idea how things worked at WIHS, but often at attendance time and the like it was impossible to escape the alphabetical list of names. so the girls immediately before and after WF's name might have the greatest chance of remembering her.

Are there any teachers listed in the yearbook? Some of them might remember her.

Are there any teachers listed in the yearbook? Some of them might remember her.

One of the women who did respond, commented that the woman in the photo looked like a "Hippie-chick type with a rebellious/alienated streak", and stated:

I vividly recall 2 very hip [or so we thought back then], very liberal Jewish male teachers at Washington Iriving who were like the Pied Piper for the leftist-leaning girls.

but I was friendly with and admired both these guy teachers for their dedication, investment in students and altruism/idealism.

She then provided their names. However, she said that they would be close to 80 years old by now, and she hasn't heard from either of them recently. She last saw one in 1998, and the other she hasn't seen since 1972. She also said that she doubts that they would be in Facebook, as retired teachers tend to avoid the social networks.

Lookie what I found!!!

Y'all S'ppose?

2878942350045078242S600x600Q851_zps4e7068fb.jpg

I found the photo in the Washington Irving H.S. (NYC) 1970 yearbook. Her initials are WF.

She might not have as much cheekbone as the girl in the Alcala photo. But everything else looks spot-on. She even has the same demure facial expression.

Washington Irving HS is less than a mile from NYU, where Alcala was a film school student from 1968 to 1971.

Carl, what an amazing find!! I hope that you can find the girl in the yearbook to determine if she is still alive. Wow! :woohoo:

This girl's photo is haunting. Those eyes just pierce with sadness. :(

When I started this thread I honestly thought there would be NO way that she would ever be found - there was nothing about the photo that would be of any help in finding her and I quickly decided it was hopeless but wanted to post her photo anyway because there was just something about her that was so sad.

I keep looking at the photo that Carlk found and I just feel.. overwhelmed. Its so strange that the found photo and the UID photo are so similar - the pose, the look in the eyes, the way she holds her mouth, Its as though someone showed the UID the photo that CarlK found and told her to mimic it. I cant imagine that such a thing happens often. Amazing work Carl.

Im not sure if I feel happy or sad about the fact that I 100% think its a match. :(

If you know the high school name why not google it and find any results for sites that people use to stay in touch with alumni from their school (classmates.com, myspace or facebook searching for the school name)?

Example - Search for xxxx High school via myspace/facebook and you will find a page for that school. People that went to that school at any point will often 'friend' or add that school to their accounts so you are able to see any people that have gone to that school..

Take myspace for example - the high school that I went to is REALLY small but when I do a myspace or facebook search for using my high school name I find a huge list of the alumni - You can then narrow those search results by searching for only the alumni that went through certain years or even searching for alumni by age.

Once you narrow it down the the people to the alumni that went to that school during the time frame that she did you could either email them one by one (or just email the administrator of the high school page) and see if they have any clue who she is? It just seems more likely to get results if you email everyone that went to the school you found her photo in at the time that she was there?

Also - Since it was class of 1970 that means that they would have just had a 4o year reunion, you could possibly email the school and see who was in charge of the reunion and see if they could be of help since its typically their job to find the alumni to notify them of a reunion.

If you know the high school name why not google it and find any results for sites that people use to stay in touch with alumni from their school (classmates.com, myspace or facebook searching for the school name)?

Example - Search for xxxx High school via myspace/facebook and you will find a page for that school. People that went to that school at any point will often 'friend' or add that school to their accounts so you are able to see any people that have gone to that school..

Take myspace for example - the high school that I went to is REALLY small but when I do a myspace or facebook search for using my high school name I find a huge list of the alumni - You can then narrow those search results by searching for only the alumni that went through certain years or even searching for alumni by age.

Once you narrow it down the the people to the alumni that went to that school during the time frame that she did you could either email them one by one (or just email the administrator of the high school page) and see if they have any clue who she is? It just seems more likely to get results if you email everyone that went to the school you found her photo in at the time that she was there?

Also - Since it was class of 1970 that means that they would have just had a 4o year reunion, you could possibly email the school and see who was in charge of the reunion and see if they could be of help since its typically their job to find the alumni to notify them of a reunion.

I already tried googling the High School and I did all that with Facebook and I tried MySpace since the previous message. Searching by school didn't yield much. There are a few more names that I will probably send out FB messages to, but I am not entirely sure that they are the same persons as the people in the Yearbook. A couple of them have their Facebook private message function disabled. One of those women indicates on her FB page that she is a Nancy Grace fan, but since her PM function is disabled, I have no way to contact her.

Also, the trouble with sending Classmates private messages is that the recipient has to be a paid subscriber to receive the message. Most people who are listed in Classmates aren't paid subscribers. If you send them a message, they will get a spam e-mail telling them that someone sent them a message, and if they sign up, they will find out what the message is. Also, you can't send images via Classmates PM.

But I haven't tried locating the reunion coordinator. That may be my next approach.

BTW, I've left two voicemails and an e-mail message to the Huntington Beach tipline three weeks ago, and they haven't responded. This morning, I tried leaving a message with the Orange County Deputy DA Matt Murphy's office, and they didn't respond either.

I finally got a call-back from an investigator from Orange County Deputy DA Matt Murphy's office. I provided her with WF's name, and explained the circumstances of how I found the photo.

She mentioned that Alcala will be going on trial in New York soon, and I suggested that perhaps the investigators in New York might be able to get her SS# from the school and trace her that way.

To recap my progress on researching this (which I passed on to the investigator):

I've spent several weeks trying to find WF in the online people-search sites to no avail. I've also sent out Facebook messages so far to 20 WIHS alumni. Only four have responded, and none of the four remember WF. I have found FB pages of 14 additional WIHS Class of 70 alumni, to whom I still have not sent messages. A few of them I'm not sure if they are the same persons, and a couple of them have their FB private message feature disabled. but I will probably send out a few more messages.

One of the four (who I alluded to above) has offered to try to contact one of the two teachers who she described as "the Pied Piper for the leftist-leaning girls". She said she will let me know if she finds out anything. She also indicated that she doesn't think there was a 40-year reunion. She said that she would have been easy to locate, since her mother still lives in the same home that she lived at in 1970, and nobody contacted her about a reunion.

here is a classic example of how different sources can provide outright conflicting information on a particular case. rummaging through some older threads in the unidentified section, I came across one that theoretically could be our Alcala girl, depending of course upon which source one believes.

there is a thread set up for a UID found in NJ in 1988. the thread provides much of the conflicting data:

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46684&page=2

keeping in mind we have no image of this Alcala woman with the fur coat's teeth, but this page from the NJ State Police has an image to the far left that is not out of the ballpark for the girl with the fur:

http://www.njsp.org/miss/ui_monmouth_u337246242.html

Namus says the deceased could have been up to 20 years old:

https://identifyus.org/cases/1458

Neither the State Police link nor Namus have the information quoted in the WS thread where the date of death was estimated to be in the early to mid-70's.

any thoughts folks?

It could be. But until we know who the Alcala girl is, there is nothing to go on except a roughly similar facial shape.

If the Alcala girl is WF, then we would need to know whether or not WF is still alive (or if she is missing), and if not, whether her body was ever accounted for.

Then we could start speculating about whether she is among the UID's. But without any info on who she is, there's no way to verify one way or the other.

rc1mrd.jpg

Side by side. They really dont look the same to me and I dont think the age matches up, the only on the left looks late teens/very early 20's to me.

If they're the same person, one of the photos is a negative and the other isn't, based on the hairline and the nose.

Ive been off for quite some time, but im o glad to see theres hope for this girl!

CarlK - do you have the prior yearbooks for WIHS? I know undergraduates can be a pain to look through, but it would be good to know if WF was in this school long-term or just a transfer - military child perhaps?

Ive been off for quite some time, but im o glad to see theres hope for this girl!

CarlK - do you have the prior yearbooks for WIHS? I know undergraduates can be a pain to look through, but it would be good to know if WF was in this school long-term or just a transfer - military child perhaps?

The only available yearbooks in Classmates.com for for WIHS in that era are '68 and '70.

And the yearbooks only include photos of the seniors.

Carl, I am still following this thread. I hope that you are able to find out if she is a match. It is still just amazing to me how much the girl in the yearbook photo resembles the Alcala "possible" victim. To me, it is likely that any girl that he photographed was a victim - whether or not they realized it. Even if he did not harm them, IMHO he had bad intentions with all of them. He likely fantasized about them or about killing them. The ones that escaped without harm were likely lucky or had enough witnesses to save them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mimimaria
Back