Golf club or flashlight or....?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OOOOPS, I was wrong!!! Sorry...According to PMPT, the back room with 3 windows and two beds is Burke's bedroom...another 'joint' bedroom is JAR bedroom....sorry. otg, you was right, BR keeps his bed neatly done....:)

Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight. Someone is a big :liar:.

...unless of course he slept in the other bed. Does anyone know if we have any other pictures available to us of Burke's room showing the other bed?

Agree.....would be interesting to see picture from JAR bedroom and Burke's bathroom...From picture you've attached - it's such a contrast to JBR bedroom!!!!...

Wait a minute! Did BR have two beds, like JonBenet? I realize that it looks like a twin-sized bed, so did he have two of them in his room? Anyone know? Anyone.... Anyone?

brkesrm.jpeg

There are references to a spare bed in Burke's room, as well as in JonBenet's room on pages 89 and 91 of "Jon Benet, the Police Files" book. IIrc, one of the R's also gave a statement somewhere that each of the kids slept in their beds that were closest to their bedroom doors. That photo of Burke's room threw me for a loop also, but here is a remark that Patsy made in an interview:
(0299-13) THOMAS HANEY: Okay. Anything else on those photos, 41, 42? PATSY RAMSEY: They made Burke's bed, that's unusual. THOMAS HANEY: I think there may be some explanation for that, but he normally wouldn't do that? PATSY RAMSEY: No. He still doesn't. THOMAS HANEY: Is -- okay. That's never a part of his morning routine? PATSY RAMSEY: Trying to be. TRIP DeMUTH: You're looking at 42 now, right?

There are references to a spare bed in Burke's room, as well as in JonBenet's room on pages 89 and 91 of "Jon Benet, the Police Files" book. IIrc, one of the R's also gave a statement somewhere that each of the kids slept in their beds that were closest to their bedroom doors. That photo of Burke's room threw me for a loop also, but here is a remark that Patsy made in an interview:
(0299-13) THOMAS HANEY: Okay. Anything else on those photos, 41, 42? PATSY RAMSEY: They made Burke's bed, that's unusual. THOMAS HANEY: I think there may be some explanation for that, but he normally wouldn't do that? PATSY RAMSEY: No. He still doesn't. THOMAS HANEY: Is -- okay. That's never a part of his morning routine? PATSY RAMSEY: Trying to be. TRIP DeMUTH: You're looking at 42 now, right?

interesting...who's 'they'?...I found this photo on 'A Candy Rose' side. It's stated that this photo is from Smith's presentation...no wonder....:)

Thanks, mw mm.

I found this layout:
2ndfloor.gif

Interesting about the interview... I would think it to be a natural tendency to sleep in the bed closest to the door (and I'm not really sure why), but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the norm for every kid. But the interview you dug up certainly nails it down that this is where he slept (when he did).

I'm surprised Patsy would give away the fact that Burke's bed looked made up and that it was out of the ordinary. But then maybe in her mind that was the best way to cover the fact that he actually never went to sleep in it that night. Maybe that's why she indicated she was trying to make it a part of his "morning routine". But who is she talking about when she says, "They made Burke's bed, that's unusual."? Who is the "they" she's talking about?

interesting...who's 'they'?...I found this photo on 'A Candy Rose' side. It's stated that this photo is from Smith's presentation...no wonder....:)
Ha! Great minds, and all that... You questioned the same thing while I was typing.

Agree (see post #28). Now, what do you think 'acute injury' is part of the 'staging' or not? And before you'll answer, let's read definition of 'acute injury': 'An acute injury is an injury that occurred recently as a result of a traumatic event'.
I think of the acute genital injury (inflicted with the paintbrush) as part of the staged scene and believe that it was done to 'camouflage' the chronic sexual abuse of which the stager had knowledge (either because abuser and stager were the same person, or because the stager wanted to cover up the sexual abuse committed by another family member (or even by more than one family member - meanwhile I've come to think anything was possible in this family ...!).

Re "recently": according to the info in Kolar's book, the acute genital injury was inflicted perimortem i. e. very shortly before JonBenet's death.
Since 40 minutes to 2 hours passed between the head injury and JonBenet's death, the time line would come close to what you outlined as scenario number 2:
2. head blow--> 90 min/acute injury --> strangulation/death

Right, two beds in BR's room. There are several references in the literature to JB sleeping in the second bed in BR's room, and I've always wondered why this issue was never raised (to my knowledge, anyway) as a red flag during the investigation.

I'm with you, BOESP. I thought door knob would be 'perfect' candidate:)...but, I'm still searching for the right answer...

I'm reading and re-reading AR, looking for some kind of hidden clue. On page 7of AR, under 'Skull and Brain', after 'On removal of the skull cap....at the tip of the right temporal lobe is a 1/4" x 1/4" similar appearing purple contusion . Only very minimal contusion is present at the tip of the left temporal lobe.'.....hmmm...

I have no medical degree/knowledge but the location of the temporal lobe is on the sides of the head! And JBR has these contusions on both sides, visiable after 'removal of the skull cap'.....:banghead:....means (for now!), that these contusions were happened as the result of the blow or she fall and hit her head on both sides? ...puzzle....hope, otg or cynic could have an answer....
There is so much to the subject of exactly what all happened inside (and outside) the skull of this poor child, it’s hard to take it all in even for someone familiar with the subject of anatomy (which I am not). So-called experts even seem to disagree about some of it. So for me, it’s an almost insurmountable task to try and understand it -- but I’m working on it. And a lot of what I’ve found, I’m not quite ready to talk about. But on this I can share the following which might shed some light on this particular part of the brain injuries.

Here (if it works) is an animation of the skull with the temporal lobe shown in red:
Temporal_lobe_animation.gif

If the animation doesn't work, here is another illustration:
313px-Brainlobes.svg.png

And here is the location of the depressed fracture in JonBenet’s skull:
2j1o491.jpg

From the autopsy report:
On the right cerebral hemisphere underlying the previously mentioned linear skull fracture is an extensive linear area of purple contusion extending from the right frontal area, posteriorly along the lateral aspect of the parietal region and into the occipital area. This area of contusion measures 8 inches in length with a width of up to 1.75 inches. At the tip of the right temporal lobe is a one-quarter by one-quarter inch similar appearing purple contusion. Only very minimal contusion is present at the tip of the left temporal lobe. This area of contusion measures only one-half inch in maximum dimension.

So ¼” x ¼” is very small and it is even smaller on the other (left) temporal lobe. But then he says, "
This area of contusion measures only one-half inch in maximum dimension." :waitasec: So which is it? ¼” or ½”?

Each of the bruises are located on the tip of their respective lobes. This would be very close to where the head blow was struck. It seems to me that Meyer could be describing the large bruise on the cerebral cortex and the corresponding lobes of the brain which he measures as being 8” long (same as the linear fracture) and up to 1¾” wide. Referring to the above illustration, the tip of the temporal lobe comes
in somewhat between the parietal lobe and the occipital lobe. So he might be describing the same large bruise and how much of it goes into the tip of the temporal lobe, since he has already addressed it in the frontal, parietal, and the occipital lobes.

Or, it could be that there was some additional bruising separate from the larger contusion because it seems to be more than an inch away from the center of the fracture. If this is the case, these two contusions could be from the sudden forward movement of the brain within the skull at the moment of the head blow -- the "shaken-baby" thing.

Referring to the last illustration showing the location of the depressed fracture, you can see why the left contusion is smaller than the right -- it is further away from the point of impact. And because of the distance between these two areas of the brain and the width of the contusion over the fracture, I tend to go with the latter of the two explanations.

But again, this is all new to me. I am medically challenged and just trying to understand it myself. Anyone who knows more about it than me is welcome to correct me, and I promise, I will appreciate it.

Right, two beds in BR's room. There are several references in the literature to JB sleeping in the second bed in BR's room, and I've always wondered why this issue was never raised (to my knowledge, anyway) as a red flag during the investigation.
So there is a second bed in Burke's room, and a second bed in her own room... And she chooses to go to the extra bed in another room instead of her own?

:waitasec:

Ha! Great minds, and all that... You questioned the same thing while I was typing.

otg,
they is, I think, John Fernie and Fleet White. They helped tidy up before relocating Burke that morning.

JonBenet regularly slept in the spare bed in Burke's room. Some have suggested this happened after she would wet her own bed?

Another possibility not mentioned: could paysy have found jonbenet unconscious in the kitchen, gotten her into the/or A blanket, then had burke help her move into the basement? She could have pulled up the ends and carried the head portion and burke the feet? Later, she could have decided that she needed to be in her own blanket when found in the cellar room. It's suspected that she knew of molestation and kept it secret, and he seems to know about the death and kept it secret, so not impossible that he could have helped to a point.

Great post, makes me think. And it makes me remember the calls Patsy made to JonBenet's doctor. Perhaps these calls were the results of Mom catching Burke in the act of sexually abusing his little sister using his finger(s).
I can believe that Patsy would contact the doctor to check if her daughter would be harmed by this. She wouldn't tell the world, but she may check with the doctor.

As I recall, many of these calls were made on a Monday, after a weekend where the two children would be home and have more of an opportunity to be alone together.

Are these calls and visits to the doctor tied into Burke's treatment toward his little sis?

just my O

JonBenet regularly slept in the spare bed in Burke's room. Some have suggested this happened after she would wet her own bed?
Yes, but in that case - in line with otg's question - why does she proceed to the second bed in BR's room, instead of the spare in her own? Did she wet both beds in her bedroom? Did she actually occupy the spare bed in BR's room, or did she sleep in his? We'll probably never know.

otg - she was struck at the junction of the parietal and temporal plates of the skull, and the bony fracture lines extended backward to the occipital region of the skull. As an effect of the sharp downward pressure from the blow which caused those fractures, bruising occurred in the temporal lobe of the brain (just below the parietal region of the skull). In other words, she was struck in the parietal region of the skull, with fracture lines extending toward the occiput (back of the skull); the result was soft tissue damage (i.e., bruising and hemorrhage) in the temporal lobe of the brain.

As to the size and locations of the bruises, much would depend on whether JB was standing or prone when she was hit, in addition to whether head was shaken. This is the kind of thing that causes mega-"battles of the experts" in court cases.

Yes, but in that case - in line with otg's question - why does she proceed to the second bed in BR's room, instead of the spare in her own? Did she wet both beds in her bedroom? Did she actually occupy the spare bed in BR's room, or did she sleep in his? We'll probably never know.

Bonnette,
Probably both. Patsy was asked about this at interview, and stated JonBenet would sleep in Burke's room.

The spare bed in JB's room was piled with clothes in the crime photos. Each kid had a spare bed in their room for sleepovers, and Nedra slept in JB's room when she visited.
I had read that JAR's room (the one with only one bed) adjoined JB's room, not BR's room. I had originally belonged to MR, JR's older daughter, but was given to JAR after she moved out of the house.
I can understand why JB would prefer to go into her brother's room when she woke up in the night instead of going to the spare bed in her own room- little kids hate to be alone in the night when they wake up like that. The R house was a huge house, and their parents' room was on the third floor. While it was easily accessible at the top of the spiral stairs which were right outside JB's room, I can see why young kids would feel lonely (and it was a bit creepy too) when they woke up in the middle of the night and JB would naturally go into BR's room just down the hall. If I were that age, Id do the same thing- I'd never want to go up those spiral stairs in the dark to get to my parents when my brother was right down the hall.

The interrogators were asking patsy about Jonbenet going into Burke's room if I remember correctly, but did she ever say if there were plastic sheets on his beds or not? I imagine there was plastic on all 4 twin beds but not sure if she ever admitted to even knowing or not.

The interrogators were asking patsy about Jonbenet going into Burke's room if I remember correctly, but did she ever say if there were plastic sheets on his beds or not? I imagine there was plastic on all 4 twin beds but not sure if she ever admitted to even knowing or not.
I don't think I've ever specifically read that BR had plastic sheets on his twin beds, but he did have a bedwetting problem - so it wouldn't surprise me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back