CO Grand Junction - Human remains found in freezer - 12 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm also leaning towards Leanne being Amanda's biological mother and Nelda being her adoptive mother/biological grandmother. Grandparents legally adopt their grandkids all the time, for a variety of reasons.

I wonder if Nelda was in poor health before she passed and Amanda was sent to live with Leanne due to that. Nelda had lived in Texas since 1988 according to her obituary, so it seems unlikely she owned the house in Colorado. Nelda and her husband may have not been aware of Amanda's disappearance to begin with.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Head and hands removed suggests they dumped her somewhere else and they were trying to conceal identity.

But the description of the property as being a "hoarder" situation makes me wonder if she's still on the property somewhere.

MOO
I'd be surprised if she's on the property. The house was flipped by the intermediate owners and sold in March of this year.

I also think Nelda is the grandmother of our victim, Amanda, and that Amanda's daughter Leanne is the mother. I base that on this "Find a Grave" entry: Nelda Ann Owings Overstreet (1945-2005) - Find a...

ETA: Lots of info in the Daily Fail: Colorado teen whose severed head was found in freezer is identified
According to the DM, the deceased Bradley Imer is the stepfather of the victim.

Last edited:
Amanda's story is getting picked up by national news outlets:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves