CO Grand Junction - Human remains found in freezer - 12 Jan 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm also leaning towards Leanne being Amanda's biological mother and Nelda being her adoptive mother/biological grandmother. Grandparents legally adopt their grandkids all the time, for a variety of reasons.

I wonder if Nelda was in poor health before she passed and Amanda was sent to live with Leanne due to that. Nelda had lived in Texas since 1988 according to her obituary, so it seems unlikely she owned the house in Colorado. Nelda and her husband may have not been aware of Amanda's disappearance to begin with.

Of course, this is all speculation.

Head and hands removed suggests they dumped her somewhere else and they were trying to conceal identity.

But the description of the property as being a "hoarder" situation makes me wonder if she's still on the property somewhere.

MOO
I'd be surprised if she's on the property. The house was flipped by the intermediate owners and sold in March of this year.

I also think Nelda is the grandmother of our victim, Amanda, and that Amanda's daughter Leanne is the mother. I base that on this "Find a Grave" entry: Nelda Ann Owings Overstreet (1945-2005) - Find a...

ETA: Lots of info in the Daily Fail: Colorado teen whose severed head was found in freezer is identified
According to the DM, the deceased Bradley Imer is the stepfather of the victim.

Last edited:
Amanda's story is getting picked up by national news outlets:

I'd be surprised if she's on the property. The house was flipped by the intermediate owners and sold in March of this year.

I also think Nelda is the grandmother of our victim, Amanda, and that Amanda's daughter Leanne is the mother. I base that on this "Find a Grave" entry: Nelda Ann Owings Overstreet (1945-2005) - Find a...

ETA: Lots of info in the Daily Fail: Colorado teen whose severed head was found in freezer is identified
According to the DM, the deceased Bradley Imer is the stepfather of the victim.
It's entirely possible that the rest of Amanda's body was left in Texas, horrible as that sounds. She disappeared in 2005, the Imers bought the house in Grand Junction in May of 2006. She may not have been missed in Colorado because she was never alive in Colorado.

I found a free genealogy page that's just a list of data it pulled from public records. There's an entry for Leanne M Overstreet (born about 1969) having married August 1, 1988 in Harris County TX and then again on Feb 14 1993 in Hardin County TX. There's also an entry for Leanne and her first husband divorcing in 1992. That entry states that they had one child under 18.

Every family obituary I turn up, though, lists Amanda Overstreet in the same generation as Leanne Imer (both children, both grandchildren, etc.)

About to photobomb y'all with screen shots from the Harris County Municipal Court records. Interestingly I found this by searching Nelda's name. Leanne did not pop up at all when I searched with her maiden name.

So I guess this would be divorce #1?

1728704409672.png
Beginning of child support payments. Looks like Leanne was the one making the Child Support payments to her ex hubby.

1728704447322.png

hmmm.... "9/16/93 - grandparents conservator" ??? Could this be referring to Amanda?

1728704703023.png

1728704630757.png

Couple of references in this to CPS (child protective services), and there was an order signed terminating SOMEONE'S parent child relationship in 1998. There is another page of judgements on the website prior to these but none of them appear to reference a minor child.

1728705003775.png
1728705063183.png
1728705113449.png

Oh and this last one looks useful.

1728705405421.png

Attachments

• 1728704491002.png
    1728704491002.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's entirely possible that the rest of Amanda's body was left in Texas, horrible as that sounds. She disappeared in 2005, the Imers bought the house in Grand Junction in May of 2006. She may not have been missed in Colorado because she was never alive in Colorado.
Where did the Imers buy the freezer, in TX or in CO?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back