Grandma Hollars speaks

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could she have meant, all four of her grandchildren? Tommy, Misty, Joe, why was Timmy left out of Granny's theories?

Yes she did leave Timmy out of it-- why then, did Chelsea jump in with both feet? :waitasec:

MISTY'S GRANDMOTHER, FLORA HOLLERS, STATED THAT IN GOING TO POLICE ABOUT WHAT SHE KNEW ABOUT HALEIGH HAD COST HER A LOT OF FAMILY. OMG !

In my opinion, and I hope I am wrong, if they are upset with her, its because she got to the reward money and they didn't. Who did she call...she called the Crime Stoppers..the Reward Center. Flora knew as soon as the LE reviewed the telephone tapes, she would not be eligible to collect the loot. If Granny was just acting out of concern with what she had just "learned" she would have called the LE back, and advised them to pull the tapes and listen to the recording don't you think.
And you know how she keeps maintaining on television interviews she was the one who turned them in"first" yeah to the Hot Tip line.

However, I don't think she will get any of the reward money..Boo Who for her, since I believe Tommy had already confessed to his involvement.

She has said she has repeatedly called police and they won't talk to her or return her phone calls. If information she gave through Crimestoppers or messages left for police lead to Haleigh, then she should get the reward money, in my opinion.

I think Flo is so undecided about which of the three did something to Haleigh that she is going back and forth trying to figure out which one. She hasn't exactly pegged Tommy as the killer yet though. She knows that's it's one of them and that all 3 probably helped. I'm glad she labeled the parents as crackheads who didn't keep the kids in school. She's probably very angry and putting some blame on them since it's all turned out this way. Since they're inviting her on TV and talking about her family every night, she might as well have her say right along with the media. If she gets paid, fine. She might as well since she's providing all this new information for everyone to talk about.

According to Nancy Grace, she doesn't get paid. I think that is wrong though. The network and Nancy Grace gets money so why don't her guests?

txvicki if you read my post, then you know I am not talking about her appearance on NJ or anyother talk show...I was talking about the reward money $35,000 dollars

Then reward money should never be offered? In any crime, where there is a reward offered, the person coming forth with credible information gets the reward. Those persons would be making money off of someone's misfortune or death. Why would Grandma Flo be worse than the others. This is a case she blank if she does, and blank if she doesn't.

chesterp, I have never stated MC doesn't have anything to do with this..I have never stated TC and JO aren't involved..
I am stating none of the three named in your post killed Haleigh....
And IMHO if Steve Brown believes any of these three did, then IMHO he has not solved this case...JMO

I assume you mean, your opinion is that none of the three harmed Haleigh. I am stating that in my opinion, one of them did harm Haleigh. To me it is obvious that is the case. I do not believe Ron killed Haleigh.

According to Nancy Grace, she doesn't get paid. I think that is wrong though. The network and Nancy Grace gets money so why don't her guests?

It would seem fair but I am afraid that the journalistic standards would go down if they paid the guests. No doubt the news shows get people who aren't completely honest as it stands but if you could earn good money getting your face on television and spewing misinformation on Nancy Grace show more people would.

Ba-da-bumpity-bump.

Topic is: Credibility. (Or, IMO, lack there-of)

Latest example is: Flo's No Show Excuse for the Levi Show

Dx: Strokes are not Jokes, but Cease & Desists are hard to resist.

Rx: Keep your Eyes Wide Open. And Hinky-Meters set to ON.

(I posted similar comments earlier, but on the wrong thread by mistake.)

Nope, not credible! Smattering of truth mixed in with the stories, which change from day to day.

In my opinion she's not. Her story seems to change and grow with each passing day.

Ba-da-bumpity-bump.

Re: BBM. I considered listening to the LP show last night until I heard that FH wouldn't be featured. I told my DH that I wasn't buying the hospital story. I was convinced that someone - probably a family member or legal representative of same - advised Ms. Hollars to refrain from speaking publicly or face consequences. If and/or when we hear from FH again, I believe that she have a lawyer seated beside her. jmo

I think she is telling us what she has been told. Lots of different stories. That really is all she can do until one of them confesses the total truth. When she's been asked questions, she replies with what they have told her. It may not seem logical to us, but when in this group of players has logic or truth come into play?
I admire her for coming forward, for whatever reason. If it was because of her tip, then it sure brought Haleigh front and center again in the news. And Haleigh...is the reason we all come here, for news!

Ba-da-bumpity-bump.

Thanks Emma! I'm of the opinion that Gma Flo is not credible at all, but of course that's just my opinion and has been from the first night she appeared on NG. (I don't watch NG, so as I've stated before, I might feel differently if I saw the show instead of reading the transcripts).

Where did the information that Flo's daughter was the one hospitalized as opposed to Flo come from? I found posts referring to it in Levi's thread, but didn't see where it was originally stated. Maybe I missed it? Could someone direct me to where to find more info on Flo and her hospitalization, or "non"-hospitalization? I haven't had a chance to listen to Levi's show from last night yet, so maybe that's where it is?

Thanks much to all of you wonderful posters at Websleuths who are working diligently to figure out what lead to the tragic loss of sweet little HaLeigh!

I understand why it's hard to see Flo as credible and question why she would say what she did on national TV. I get that and I understand why people think she did it just for the reward. Put yourself in her place and imagine that you found out your grandchild might have been involved in a homicide. This is someone that you knew since he or she was a baby and loved. You would be torn between doing the right thing and knowing that you were turning on your grandchild. I wouldn't want to be in her place. She said that she called LE and they didn't return her calls. In her mind, I think she had to tell someone who would listen and of course, she found someone who would. I thought I knew a lot about the law but after following this case for awhile, I realized just how naive I was. I think she was telling what she heard and adding her opinions. For now, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. I would not want to be in her place.

I can't quite put into words, what I think of granny Flo and her statements. :crazy:

I think maybe at first she was repeating stories that her lying grandchild(ren) had told her. Maybe she even believed them enough to call LE.

LE has said that the tip did not come from Tennessee. I'm sure she did call LE at some point about what she had been told, but I don't think she was told the whole truth. I'm not positive that Tommy told her a thing about what was going on.

I think she has taken theories and rumors she has heard from various "sources", and repeated them ... perhaps to make her appear more credible, :waitasec: IHNI .... whatever the case may be........ IMO it has not werked.

She is entitled to her opinions or theories, just like we all are, but I think WE draw the line at going on NG and discussing what we THINK we know, as if it were fact.

Then we have the latest news that she's in the hospital ....possible stroke....no wait.... her daughter is... and tonight on JVM we learn that she had been taken to bed with headaches over her treatment. :waitasec:

I think she has just been told to shut it....... or gagged and handcuffed in the family basement :blushing:......jk ...... but really, a bus is no longer in order, they need a semi! :angel:

To answer the question IMO the answer is..... NO she is not credible.

She said RC is involved because he allowed her wasted granddaughter to watch the kids after MC offered to pay TN to watch the kids.

I think she gets things backwards.

Didn't we hear at one time that it was TN who offered to pay Misty to babysit that night? This would make more sense, as why would an out of work 17 year old, who was no relation, pay the child's own grandmother to babysit?

G/M Flo is quite a character and I did find her take on things interesting, but wouldn't take anything she said too seriously.

However, it would have been great if she had been on Levi's show and answered a lot of our questions in her own inimitable way, leaving us to sift through and try and make sense of it all.

I don't think that Granny is credible. I don't think Tommy called her and told her what happened. Why would Tommy do that, knowing all of the conversations are being taped and will be shown to the public. that doesn't make sense to me. Same with Misty, they all know they are being watched like hawks right now.

I guess time will tell, IF they did call her and tell her as she claims, then we will hear it soon enough, as soon as an arrest is made. JMO

If there were these phone calls from Misty and Tommy to gramma Flo then they were taped so the search would have been initiated by LE in response to what was said during the phone calls. So whether granny called LE or not, they were already on it.

If the tapes exist . . . If the phone calls happened . . . and then granny got to liking all the attention and started theorizing and theorizing and theorizing.

I agree with Maven on this one.

I don't think that Granny is credible. I don't think Tommy called her and told her what happened. Why would Tommy do that, knowing all of the conversations are being taped and will be shown to the public. that doesn't make sense to me. Same with Misty, they all know they are being watched like hawks right now.

I guess time will tell, IF they did call her and tell her as she claims, then we will hear it soon enough, as soon as an arrest is made. JMO

O/T....Hi lil momma....where have you been?

If you could ask Flo Hollar one question what would you ask?

Thought it might be interesting to see what we are thinking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back