*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, did I miss a day in court! I had to read all the back threads to catch up and read the hilarious comments (they had me rolling on the floor). If anyone can link to the LE interview I would love to see all of it (not just the highlights on HLN).

I am glad I missed the naughty pics though. If I thought the autopsy photos gave me nightmares, those would probably keep me up all night. :yuck:

But if she stabbed him while he was crouching - or if he crawled from the shower - how did aspirated blood end up on the sink and mirror? From what I recall there weren't aspirations below it like I would expect if he were using the sink to pull himself up.

Or, Nurse, would it have taken a few moments before that occurred?

I can try to answer this, but if the nurse mod wants to help me out, I would appreciate it! (I've only worked peds, but I'm trying to move out of that field, I seriously can't take much more of the trauma of seeing abused children and their horrible sperm/egg donors.) I would assume, depending where exactly the knife hit (haven't seen the autopsy report), that if the knife directly hit the heart, the person would deteriorate to v-fib or another non-sustainable heart rhythm almost immediately. They would bleed out rather quickly, and lose consciousness quickly. If she didn't hit the heart directly, it would probably take a little longer. I suppose if she didn't hit his heart, he MIGHT be able to stand, but it still depends where the knife actually hits. (Again, another nurse or md, please feel free to tell me I'm wrong!)

Yeah. His head is up pretty high for a deceased person, however. I don't know what to make of that.

I swear he is alive and dying either as she is cutting his throat or directly after. She could be crouching.

The person who is writing the book about this said that JA had an unremarkable childhood.

She did quit school. That is unusual nowadays, I feel.

I really want to know how someone like her comes to be. I do not believe that babies are born evil. Can't buy that.

As far as the MS page having witch craft, I am assuming she means Wiccan,

JA has a Wiccan quote on her blog after she met TA, so I don't feel that would be a surprise.

I did not think I would ever see anyone more revolting than Casey A or Karla H. I think their crimes are more sickening. But JA is so ....what.......? I don't even know how to categorize her in my mind.

Even that evil Israel Keyes seemed to care about his daughter

Is it possible that the look on his face in that pic is immed after she plunged the knife into his chest? Stunned!

That's what I initally thought too but I put myself in his place. I think I would be looking at the wound or attemptng to cover etc ANYTHING other than staring at the camera. however, if she was brandishing the gun at him it might explain it.

I swear he is alive and dying either as she is cutting his throat or directly after. She could be crouching.

Me too now, because now I think I see the bottom of her shoe sole. Which btw. Is the close test thing to a soul she ever processed;)

For someone who wanted to claim she hadn't seen Travis since April of that year, she sure didn't think it through.

she thought it through in **her mind** (<----whatever that is.. her mind being)

what is next with these 800 plus pages of texts that the defense is asking for prosecutorial misconduct if they, if we are to trust his words today, are exculpatory in nature and err on the side of his client?

I think the defense doesn't want them in. Either that or they are just playing the game. Most likely a bit of both.

I agree with the PA about the 'ad nauseum' part... and the judge will deny the prosecutorial misconduct.. as the technology did not exist and once it did they turned it over (two years ago) to the defense who cried today that their "expert" had to then go over all 800 pages once they got it (TWO YEARS AGO).

Jodi's tears and little act are a little late after the fact after watching her during this trial. She hardly shed a tear during her questioning and admitted to her own 'morbid curiosity'. she sure cries a lot now.. why? She said it herself today that if she said she were guilty she would never see the light of day.

Her thinking was way skewed in planning this crime, carrying it out, and explaining her whereabouts. The thing is.. even Travis' real friends knew it was her from the start. She left trails all over the area..

I thought that roommate got home later than usual that day. He normally would be home by 6, but he was delayed that particular day.

Hi, ErnestBorgnine!

I took this off of the state vs. jodi arias facebook page. This is when they were discussing the decomp smell, they talk to the roommate.

For those asking about the roommates - this is all we can reveal for now. These people are witnesses for the State and they are limited in what they can say.

Quotes from Travis' roommates on FB:

Enrique Cortez Jr: With how Travis traveled, we didn't know he was dead in the bathroom. Your car doesn't have to leave, just you. I was used to my previous roommate always taking off. You also have to remember how big the house was (4500-5000 sq ft) and how the master suite, including the bathroom, occupies only one side, with the other bedrooms on the opposite side of a huge loft from the bathroom's location. That Monday night was the first time I was noticing the smell because it took that long to finally leave the bathroom and reach that side of the top floor.January 4 at 8:14pm Like 17

Taylor Searle: It was not abnormal for Travis to be gone for long stretches. His roommates at the time and he kept to themselves.January 4 at 8:14pm Like 9

Zackery Billings: Same as what Enrique Cortez Jr. said. Also I was in Restaurant Management at the time and was there very little. Just to sleep for the most part.January 4 at 8:26pm Like 13

Enrique Cortez Jr: My work was usually from 8-4:30 in Tempe doing check fraud. At the time I was using the bus because gas was over $4.00/gallon. I would drive to Superstition Springs Mall, catch the 61 westbound, and got off at Priest and Southern. The ride was probably about an hour and 15 minutes. That bus ride home that day was probably what kept me from walking into a bad situation since I probably got home around 6 or later. You have to come to the understanding that I wasn't meant to go in and see the scene. Everything played out the way it did for a reason.

I can try to answer this, but if the nurse mod wants to help me out, I would appreciate it! (I've only worked peds, but I'm trying to move out of that field, I seriously can't take much more of the trauma of seeing abused children and their horrible sperm/egg donors.) I would assume, depending where exactly the knife hit (haven't seen the autopsy report), that if the knife directly hit the heart, the person would deteriorate to v-fib or another non-sustainable heart rhythm almost immediately. They would bleed out rather quickly, and lose consciousness quickly. If she didn't hit the heart directly, it would probably take a little longer. I suppose if she didn't hit his heart, he MIGHT be able to stand, but it still depends where the knife actually hits. (Again, another nurse or md, please feel free to tell me I'm wrong!)

Maybe the knife hit a lung. He crawled from the shower to the sink and was able to pull himself up and coughed that blood spray onto the sink.

I actually like the defense lawyers so far, they seem like decent good folks, and after CA's trial, it is nice watching professional interactions and no more between the client and her attorneys. The prosecutor is on fire, whip smart and formidable, a dog with a bone. Great trial watching!!

if he were nicked and it was a slow leak he could have fought for his life (he seems to have done that based on the blood evidence showed last week)

Yes, I agree (I personally an a cvicu nurse) that an arrythmia could have happened but obviously he made it in short time to the carpeted area.

Maybe the knife hit a lung. He crawled from the tub to the sink and was able to pull himself up and coughed that blood spray onto the sink.

Iirc the knife hit the vena cava and pericardial sac...ME said this wound would be fatal but he would survive for a bit.

I did not know there was a line up.

156wpc8.png

Holy Crap! This speaks volumes! I hadn't seen this previously. Wow, chills....

That's what I initally thought too but I put myself in his place. I think I would be looking at the wound or attempting to cover etc ANYTHING other than staring at the camera. however, if she was brandishing the gun at him it might explain it.

I have the feeling that Jodi was talking to Travis the entire time she was murdering him. She most likely let him have it with how "she really felt" about him taking another woman on this trip. IMO, she told him she was killing him and that there would be no atonement for his sin. Maybe she was even screaming at him the entire time she was stabbing him.

Thank you! If memory serves she nicked the vena cava. I know it wasn't immediately fatal - just wondering if he would have been aspirating blood immediately or if the blood would have been building up for a few moments prior to aspiration. (crawling vs. stumbling out of the shower.)

Holy Crap! This speaks volumes! I hadn't seen this previously. Wow, chills....

And she was thinking....what would Travis do? And she knew it would be all over the media...so why the heck not smile and pose?

Iirc the knife hit the vena cava and pericardial sac...ME said this wound would be fatal but he would survive for a bit.

Is it known when in the sequence of knife wounds the vena cava and pericardial sac were hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3