*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just a few photos . . . wanna be careful not to show you some photos . . . this is TA's house right? . . .

If TA was here right now he would tell you it wasn't me. . .

Travis is telling me you were there (and you did it?)

Have you ever shot the 25 before . . .

(same video clip from yesterday)
My Grandpa told me it looked like a toy gun

I have these pictures to show you . . .

Pic of Travis in the shower . . . looking @ the camera
JA - is he naked in the shower? Mmmm hmmm - yep

(lost video feed)

That picture is you - I wanted to cover you up because that is you - all of you . . .
JA - that looks like me . . .

there is a few of those . . . a few more . . . . let's just say I have seen all of you . . .and I have seen all of Travis . . . the one that sticks in my mind of Travis is of him on the autopsy table . . .

This one I don't know if I should show you because . . . well too bad . . .

This one is your foot Jodi - it is a different color because we had to change it . . .

I don't have those pants - this is a black stripe . . . zipper

This is another one that is just a copy . . .

The first picture you see the date 6/4/08 5:22 pm that is when it started . . .

The photos of you started @ 1:30 or 1:45 . . . .see that see the spots here . . . we used a chemical to enhance it . . . your's and his . . .that is your palm print . . .

I don't have any cuts on my left palm . ..

any cuts on your palm?
Well my cat scratches me . . sheis a ferrel cat . . . she scratches me

This is where your palm print there on the wall . . . over and over again . . .

There is no doubt in my mind that you were the perp . . there is no doubt in my mind that you did this . . .

Travis is telling me you did this t o him . . my job is to speak for him

JA - there is no reason for it - there is no reason why....no reason I would want to hurt him . . . he never raped me.

If I was going to kill somebody I would use gloves . . .

Maybe you were going there to have a good time . . . something got out of hand.

Some of the neighbors saw you - Dave .. . . and some neighbors across the street saw you . . . I was n't there that day . . .theysaw you.

Even if they saw me before I had platinum blond hair . . . .

they see your car there . . . or did you park it down the street . . they would recognize it I am sure . . .

whereis the bmw now? I gave it back to the bank . . . .

you are free to look @ the car and the rental car.

Did you know all the new cars have GPS in them?
Oh . . . then that is good . . . . A lot of stop lights in Mesa have cameras on them . . . any survellience on them? . . . . can we back them up and look? Not unless you ran a red light.

I can present it to the judge as cold as it is now I . . .
or I can present it to the judge with your explanation.

My parents know I was really upset with Travis . . .

Why are your parents not surprised?
What do you mean?
They are concerned but they kinda suspected you had something to do with Travis death . .

That is because I told them a lot of people talking about it and casting my name in a bad light. . . my reputation will affect the rest of my life . . .I am worried about my reputation.

You going to continue with the story you weren't in Travis house and you didn't have sex iwth him?

Those pics are very compelling . . .I don't know if they were changed. . . .date and time stamps . . . .

end of video

January 15, 2008 Afternoon Testimony

State witness, Detective Flores
--no handgun found in Travis' home.
--attempts were made but handgun not found.
--knife not found. attempts were made
--looked in the house, outside the house, and Yreka.

Exhibit 358--conversation Flores had with Arias about the photographs.

Court now seeing videotaped interview between Flores and Arias. Arias says "I'm not a murderer". Flores leaves the room and Arias is alone. For most of this down time in the interview she is leaning over the table with her arms on top and her head is down. Flores comes back with photos. Shows Jodi a picture of Travis' house.
Jodi: "If Travis were here today he would tell you it wasn't me"
Flores asks Jodi about the handgun, she says she has never shot it and has never seen it, doesn't know what a .25 looks like. Jodi goes on to talk about how she has seen a .22. She saw a .22 in the store and it looked like a toy gun, a squirt gun.
Flores is going through a binder of photos, shows one of Travis to Jodi, says "remember him?" Jodi asks "is he naked?"
Flores shows some more photos and Jodi says "Travis would never go for that."
Flores says that "soon after you had sex on the bed"
Flores shows Jodi a photo of herself, "it's you, all of you" and covers the photo. <must be the sex photos>. Flores says "I've seen all of you and I have seen all of Travis". Shows Jodi a photo of Jodi's foot and pants. Sounds like Jodi is weeping at this point. Says it is not her foot. Flores says those are her pants, the color is different because the color is enhanced. Denies those are not her pants in the photo.
Flores says that you can't even recognize Travis he had been there so long. Tells her the photos are time stamped. Shows her how they are time stamped.
Shows Jodi a photo of blood, a mix of hers and his. Says there is a photo of her palm and she says that she doesn't have any cuts. Says her cat scratches her so she has small cuts. Flores asks why Jodi's palm print is in blood and Jodi says "how can that be my palm print?". Shows her where it was on the wall.
Flores is showing Jodi photo after photo. Says that there is no doubt in his mind that she did it.
Flores says that there is no way anyone else could have left that palm print. Jodi says that if she was ever going to kill somebody she would wear gloves. Even if she was there and was there to have a good time with him. Flores then asks Jodi about Travis' neighbors. What if somebody saw her there. Tells her that they saw her there that day. Jodi denies being there. Says the times she was there she had platinum blonde hair. She spent the majority of her time inside the house. Flores asks if they would see her car there? Jodi says that the neighbors would recognize her car. Jodi tells Flores he can check her car and check the rental car. Tells her that all the new cars have GPS in them. Jodi says "that's good". Says she was also going to ask Flores about surveillance cameras in Mesa. She asks if those could be checked.
Flores: "I have a solid case against you". Says he can present it to the judge and say "I don't know why she did it or I can present it with an explanation." Flores then asks what her parents think. Jodi seems surprised. Flores says that her parents suspected her of having something to do with Travis' death. Flores says that her parents are concerned. Jodi says she is concerned about her reputation and Flores says that she should be worried about the rest of her life.
Jodi says that the pictures are very compelling but they can be modified.

#359 is admitted . . .

You have something to tell me but you are so resistant . . . you are afraid . . .there is o backing up to yesterday . . . .youre going to have to face the consequences.

I am ready to face the consequences . . . I am all for the 10 commandments Thou shall not kill . . ..

There is some things that happen when people wear gloves . . .

I am just saying if I did this I would have worn gloves.

Nobody else did this - you were the only one - I am not seeing any remorse or anything . . .you are the kid that got caught stealing the candy - I have the proof . . .If your own mother saw you do this and told me you would still tell me No I didn't do this.

I did not kill travis . . . I did not take his life . .

I did not do it - I feel somewhat responsible for it . . . .I wasn't planning to go there at all - he really wanted me to go there . . . I was going to see Ryan and nothing is going on with me and Ryan . . . he's not an active church member anyway . . .

He got mad and got sad and he guilted me . . . .he didn't really guilt me - he got mad and he hung up and said fine whatever . . .I feel like I could have gone there and done something.

CAn I ask you something . . . .I don't know this but I have a camera in my storage unit that Travis and I used to use - we took tons and tons of pictures - we used to delete most of them but he sent some of them to me on his phone . . . .

those pictures were deleted.

Prior to him getting his camera all those pictures were on my camera.
These same pictures?

I don't know . . . we tooka bunch - just before I left . . . .there were some that I didn't delete . . . is it possible that my memory card could have been in his camera they are interchangeable? . . . . i am asking because I have looks like a cracker and a little

that one wouldn't be interchangeable as it is a cannon . . . the other one is broken in my storage unit . . .what I am saying I had several camera memory cards and I lost them.

It is so . . . (far fetched?) . . . I don't know . . .I can explain the blood and the hair I don't know about the palm print.

There is hair everywhere - around the toilet and around the shower and sink area . . .

You haven't been there since April - there is no way! The blood is the blood is what he bled that day . . .

Can you check how fresh the blood is? No

I cut myself . . .
Are you saying you cut yourself

I broke a glass - I am pretty careless I cut myself all the time @ work . . . I

Is that how you want to leave this? the palm print is there

Video clip (I missed beginning)

You are not acting right Jodi - you have not acted right since day one . .. within the first minute of conversation you know if they are acting right . . . when I accuse someone of a heinous crime . . . you are not acting like everyone else.

Is it because I am not crying?
No - you are sincere in the way you are acting . . .you are just not telling the truth

How is it I am not acting right?
It is not something you need to focus on anymore

It is not like I didn't love Travis - I just really to move on.

What prevented you from moving on?

Until I Moved . . . . .there was a part of me that said both of us deserve to be happy - we both wanted to be married in the temple

It was the bishop who told me that she had essentially turned him down . . .he was just "blah" in his attitude and stuff . . .he still has his trip planned to come up here - it's not that I am not remorseful that he died . . . it is just I didn't kill him -

Maybe this is what is wrong with me psychologically is the butterfly effect.

You killed him -
I didn't
You did

We have this other evidence . . . this is absoultely some of the best evidence I have ever had in a case - and I have convicted other people on less

I am as good as done -
yea

If it would help my case to plead guilty _(crying)
no I don't want you to do that.

I want you to go thru what caused you to get so angry - you probably don't want to go thru the details but that is what I need - I need the details to complete the picture - If I don't I don't feel like I have completed my job - my job isnt to speak for you but to speak for Travis . . . something that was planned or not or something happened or got out of hand . . . I want to believe that you are not this cold hearted person who could do something like that - things got out of control . . . that is what I want to believe

I don't see a cold hearted murderer like on tv or sitting across from me - not what I am seeing - I am begging you to at least tell me why - haunt me forever

JA- I wish I had answers (crying) sorry . . . there is just no reason .

there is never a good reason why somebody dies like this

How many times was Travis stabbed?
more than I want to remember = I am not going to show you pictures after the fact - that is not how I work but eventually those photos will come out

(Jodi sobbing) . . we are here now - we are right here - (more sobbing) I think you are feeling the reality in the moment now -

JA - no I am just feeling all the things I am potentially miss out on and those things Travis' family is going to miss out on - he had brothers and sisters and Ihave brothers and sisters . . I know he is in a good place and I know that he is fine . . . what about all his friends and family - I know it is just temporary - so much right now -

i really dont think you want me to say . . . this speaks for itself.

I contacted her the next day to ask Jodi if she wanted to continue to talk to me . . . Ms Detective Blaney talked to her . . .
snippets of that conversation-

Exhibit #362 - see this entry 6/4/08 11:48 - before or after #162? it is after . . . that call was made after Travis death

There was another detective who conducted questioning - were you present? yes I was . . . .

Suspect was advised of her Miranda warnings the 2nd day . . . yes she was - this contains the warning.

video clip - cancel on going there first part of June - why did you go up there then? . . .

the time his trip got postponed - he said after Cancun I have a couple of weeks free before going to DC . . . I said allright . . .

I wasn't even . . .I had been talking to Ryan . . there is a distance - he had made a few comments of when am I going to come out there = things just worked out I had 3 days off from Casa Ramos @ my job

What happened when you left why go the other way? why go see travis if you were going to see Ryan as well . . . did travis know you were coming? . . .

(JA - this is hard)

Did you talk on the phone? what was the conversation about
Gordon Hinkley mostly . . .
did you talk while you were in route?
mostly - that is when my phone died - I thought I left my phone charger . . . I take lots of pictures of myself . . .
I noticed
I took a lot o pictures until I get one I want - delete delete delete

JA asks where are you flying out of ?
Oregon
Medford
Yea -
That is really good flight

So he knew you were coming - he was expecting you?
You guys have a little encounter - is that when those pctures were taken? Did he even show you those pictures? It's gotta be hard Jodi . . .

JA - I feel really powerless in here . . . do you know what my family is doing today? do you know if they are good?
I haven't talked to them today - I know they are worried abou you - everybody is just kinda of in limbo . . . there was nobody @ the house when you got there . . . well there is Napoleon . .
He's a person too.
I think his roommates were there -
You think his roomates were there? they had to have seen their cars? How do you know they were there?
I asked him - he said they were there - it's kind of an indication of how quiet we have to be . .
What time you rolled in?
3:00 - it was dark
Wednesday morning?
I think
That makes sense
Pretty sneaky - roommates were there and they didn't see your car
I did that many many times

Oh you know that Zac was housesitting that night.
That makes sense - I think he said one roommate was home
Enrique was home - he leaves the house about 6 in the morning and he didn't notice anything different. . . di you guys do anything?
Slept
He stayed up all night waiting - watching something on youtube - he made me watch it . . . just stupid pointless stuff - nothing profane or vulgar - people dancing with boxes and foil on their head - robotic kind of music.

Pictures on the bed were those taken that day?
Yea = we also made a video that day but he erased it.
Videos are hard to get back

What happened - what went wrong? The last ones taken 5pm . . .
He was very private about the shower
Is that why he got angry in the shower?
No - we uh no

I noticed he looked uncomfortable in the shower. . . .what went wrong? did he say something toyou? were you angry frustrated about something? what was it?

(she looks away and doesn't answer - sweeps hair back)
Soemthing happened @ that point - I don't know what it was

What are they going to do with the rental car are they going to bring t here?
Uh huh

There were several photos of him - last one of him sitting in the shower - he was sitting down looking up @ you - I think that is when it happened . . . what happened Jodi - we have come this far . . did you plan on doing that the whole time? (whispering - tell me)

I don't believe you planned it - but I don't understand why - why you took a gun with you
Oh I didn't
Where did that gun come from? where did you get it if you didn't take it? did he have one in the hosue?
not to my knowledge
then where did you get it, did you bring it with you? did you get it there in Arizona?
I never had it in my posession actually
Then who had it?
If you didn't have it and Travis didn't have it then who had it?
Jodi - Please . . .
I can't . . .
why not? are you protecting somebody else? why would somebody else do this?
I don't know
Did someone catch you there? someone not expecting you to be there?
They would have seen my car
Then who was it?
(big sigh -I don't know their names) - I would tell you - I wuld tell you everything I know or I remember

What do you remember from the time you were taking pictures to the time you left - what happened? What happened after that last picture was taken?

Jodi stroking her hair in the interrogation
You have to tell me . . . .
JA looking on IRL
If you want me to believe somebody else was there you have to show me - you have to explain to me - if that is the case - that's ok as well.
It's better that everyone thinks that -
No it's not
It is really - you have no idea - no real idea

You are going thru your own thing right now if someone else is there with you - with you and travis.
They didn't say

What was the first thing they did - you were there . .
i actually didn't see it I heard it
Was there an arguement
Not between Travis and I

Is there anyway Ican see those pictuers
not right now
Can I see them soon?

You are telling me other people were there - do you know how much that concerns me.
I know they have my parents infomartion and I don't know if they know my grandparents but they have my address. . . .
why would somebody do that to you = did they follow you all the way here?
I think I was an element of surprise for them

You have to give me a motive - why would they do this? were they going after Travis?
They didn't discuss much . . .they just argued about whether or not to kill me - because I was a witness to travis' murder I didn't really see it . . . I just heard it.

Just listen.
I am listening -
My family will uh
We will help protect your family if that is the case
My drivers license has a PO box on it and my registration out of my purse has my parents address on it.
Why would they do this what kind of beef did they have with him? You need to make this believeable - people don't go in and kill and leave a witness - you know who they are if you are telling me the truth
I don't kno

I wasn't planning to go to Travis' house - I was planning to go to Santa Cruz - going to redroom where kids our age hang out . . . went to Monterray and stayed iwthDarrell and his son and drove him to school - on the 3rd - driving to LA and going to see Laura and looking @ my map and Utah wasn't on there - AZ wasn't on there . . .

I had seen the Sopranos - honestly I think they are never going to come after my family. . .

What you are telling me about 2 people coming in to take care of him and let you . . they are details . . .

They didn't say alot - they are white americans from what I could tell - they were like beanies that cover your whole face - one was black or dark blue. . . I thought maybe I will go see Travis briefly - my phone was about to die - I tried to get ahold of Matt to see if he would send me my charger - I had a wall charger.

I called Travis and said I am coming to Arizona tonight - he said really? what made you change your mind? . . . I wanted to say you are too compelling....
we watched on his computer . . . he was so excited to see me . . .Napoleon barked he always is happy to see me . . . I do this thing on his side and he turns . . . so it was goodevery body was happy to see me.

I slept and he slept and we slept until about the afternoon . . . must have been around then . . . his roommate was home when I got there - I never see his roommate - he was gone when I got up and left.

If you don't believe me - that is ok - it sounds like I am already in the system and the rap is on me - there is less than a chance my little brother, my dad or my mom or my sister - we had sex once in his bed, once downstairs in his office (and another I missed)

He has some pictures I brought for him - he has a virus on his computer - none of my pictures would come up - his screen saver was a bunch of little bugs eating up the screen - it was frustrating becasue we couldn't look @ the pictures - they were from our church history . . .

we had 3 discs -
what time was this - it was after we had done. . . it was afternoon - he had been cleaning his house - I wasn't sitting on the couch - he had chairs all over the couch - he ewas cleaning the floors -

he was going up to take a shower - while he was shaving it took a lot of convincing - he shaves the old fashioned way - he liked it alot because he used it for his profile picture - I have this idea - I saw this in a Calvin Kline picture - he said - I feel gay . . . .

The one I took that he is looking right @ the camera you showed me yesterday - that is a great picture but he hates it . . . I don't know

the last picture was taken
he was kneeling down in the shower - I was right here taking pictures - I don't know what happened exactly -
I think he was shot
Where were you . . . .
I heard this loud ring - I don't remember - Travis was screaming - I know I got hit inthe head - I got hit in the head by my dad before - actually I hit my head when my dad pushed when he was really mad
There were two people there - he was on all four f his knees -
he was like go get help - go get help
I turned around two people there - one was a guy and one was a girl - I couldn't tell tat before - because of their build - one was in black and one was in jeans
The girl wanted to kill me
What words did you hear?
Who is that - I thought he was by himself . . he was like shut up - just finish it . . .travis was just screaming the whole time - not like a girl like in pain - he wasn't really moving he was just standing uh just sitting thhere - the girl was in the bathroom and the guy was in that hallway (may have reversed those?)

What happened Jodi . . . (sobbing)
I took off - I ran and they stopped me . . . .and travis was still was conscious and still alive I ran into the closet . . . .two doors -he stopped me and held the gun to my head told the girl to finish it . . .

He told me to stay there and not to move . . . (in the closet) . . .
Det drawing out diagram of the home -

Iran this way - he was walkingthis way and she was right here - he stopped me here - said don't move . . . .
he left the room for a minute - I didn't have my stupid phone cuz it wasn't charged - I was trying to call 911 or get out . . . the windows were downstairs = screens and window coverings . . . she was over him - I just rushed her and I pushed her - Travis was bleeding everywehre -

What was she doing to him? he was shot @ the time?
Yea but he was still alive still conscious
You pushed her
She was a little bigger than me - not really in size but in height
what happened
it didn't deter her - I thought she was the one with teh gun.

She was the one who shot him
I would think so - I don't know I got hit here somewhere (back of head) I don't know when I woke up - he was screaming . . ..

I started running and he stopped me and then he left the room for a couple of mins . . . I got Travis . . .he was not like standing up . . . I was trying to get him - she came back kind of far - she came back - he was starting to get weaker nd weaker - this guy came back in - she said they need to do me too because . . . there

Said no that is not why were here - he had my purse whichI had on the dresser here prior
What did they do . . .. try to stick with the incident what was going on
She came after me - she didn't get me - she had a knife
You said she had a gun before -
I don't know if she had a gun - I am guessing - I know he had a gun
So basically she was the aggressor
Yea there was definately an aggression - a stern look - I wasn't free to walk out of there - I was ok . . . .they had an arugment back and forth . . . she wanted to kill me he said that is not why were here for - it's obvious they were here for them . . . .he didn't seem to know them - they had masks on - he didn't express any recognition - he said go get help he said go to my neighbor's house
Did you see them hurt him anymore other than the gunshot?
Um she had a knife - he was bleeding everywhere . . .itwas like whenshe rushed me afterward - I rushed her but she came back afterward . . .there was a little bit of astruggle with her and I - I was so scared - I am not a person who fights - I took some classes in self defense about 8 yrsago - she had a knife - her right hand . . .I guess . .

What happened? you didn't see her hurt him anymore - just bleeding
when I tried getting him here he said go get help - If elt stupid for trying to run this way . . . I said come on - he said I can't feel my legs . . . .they wouldn't let me be by him - I was clothed . . .
are those the pants I showed you the other day on that camera?
I don't remember if I have pants like those - oh i have another pair of grey with black stripe
She really reallyreally wanted to . . . I was right about here his tv armoire was here - theywere like 'shut the hell up' - it was so weird - he was going thru my purse - he pulled out my wallet - he just took out some cash - I had $80 in my jeans pocket - but he took money from my wallet - he took that . ..

what happened what was she doing?
she was like right here that time . . . .he is over here taking stuff from your wallet - she was down the hall...i was sitting - do you begfor your life? I was powerless - they were just more powerful . . .I don't know what she was doing - she was arguing . . . it wasn't like super yelling . . .it was intense - shut up that is not why we are here . . .he grabbed my wallet looking thru it - took cash . . . put it in his pocket got my registration and he said . ............

what did he say?
He said you must be that ***** from California . . he was (shaking) my registration - if you ever, ever, ever say anyting about this . . . . he said they woud do to my family and to me . . Ididn't care about me at that point -he said don't you call anybody . . . you get one chance - she said she is going to say something she is going to rat us out . . . he said leave now . . .part of me didn't want to leave - Travis was still alive . . . I could see he wasn't moving alot - but he was still alive . . . . I left the room - I went downstairs - I didn't leave all my clothes - Travis said I had some stuff there in his closet . . . all I had was my purse and my backpak and I .. . those and I went outside . . . I wanted to get out . . .I just wanted to get out . . .he told me if I didn't say . . . I wouldn't live to regret it -but I did regret it.

Trying to think what else was said.

Travis usually keeps his cash in his wallet . . .
did you get hurt? she hurt you
she cut me - my hand - conveniently it was on the crease . . . my finger isn't the same . . . there is a vein on this one . . .
there was slice there - I don't know how deep - my finger really hurt for a long while I still can't close this finger - plus my CTR ring (Choose the Right! ring) doesn't fit anymore. . .
my cat scratches me alot.

I always have my keys with a little clip on them because I am very very spacy. . . I don't think his roommates were around.
you just left - you didn't run to the neighbors . . . why didn't you?
I was really scared I was freaked out of my mind.

I don't believe you . .. I was hoping for the truth . this is not the truth Jodi - this doesn't make any sense - nothing changes for you
I didn't think it would - I am responsible because I could have done more - I could have gotten help - I should have been stronger
You feel responsible because you did this
I did not kill travis

Your story changed . . . two white males at first then you changed to a male and female -
I never said 2 white males
I could tell a male and female
the fact they left you alive and let you go . . .that never happens - why would they let you go - knowing you could just run across the stree tand tell somebody.
they argued about it
it doesn't make sense
I was hoping you were going to be completely truthful with me toda -I know you were there = I know it got out of control - that cut you showed me - I have seen that before - that happens when the knife slips thru someones hand and it cuts. . . thisis the most far fetched story.
i just don't want my family to get hurt
they will not get hurt . . . .
maybe you are just cold and calculated.

evening recess . . .. tomorrow morning and every day - assemble downstairs in meeting room A - that is where you will stay... tomorrow 10:30

I am going to go and find the ME's testimony again because I do not remember him saying that the bullet went through his brain at all. I recall that the shot went in on the right side near ear/eye and lodged in his left cheek. It seems that would be a shot through his sinuses more than his brain.

That is my opinion.

Here is the actual testimony of the Medical Examiner. To hear him state in his own words that the bullet definitely passed through Travis' brain, and how this was proven, just start the video at 2:36:00.

If one chooses to watch for a couple of minutes, they will be reminded of the almost comical exchange between the defense attorney and the ME about the bullet passing through the brain. It might have been funny if it hadn't been so sad.

~ WARNING, GRAPHIC TESTIMONY REGARDING GUNSHOT WOUNDS AND BRAIN INJURIES CONTAINED IN VIDEO.

Jodi Arias Trial Day 3 (Full) - YouTube

Trial Testimony
Video Link:
You Tube
Blog (Overview of Testimony):
Calls For Justice
Websleuths Live Transcripts:
Click Here

Day One:
Opening Statements
Marie 'Mimi' Hall (Travis' friend; going to Cancun with him June 10th)
Sterling Williams (Mesa Police)

Day Two:
Detective Esteban Flores (Lead Detective)
Heather Conner (Mesa PD Latent Print Examiner)

Day Three:
Heather Conner
Kevin Horn (Medical Examiner)
Elizabeth Northcut (Mesa PD Forensic Firearms Analyst)

Day Four:
Ryan Burns (Potential love interest of Arias; defendant visited him in Utah the day following the crime)
Maureen Smith (Mesa PD Latent Print Examiner)
Kevin Biggs (Mesa PD Latent Print Examiner)
Heather Conner
Esteban Flores

Day Five:
Nathan Mendes (Special Agent; California)
Lisa Perry (Mesa PD Blood Spatter Analyst)
Esteban Flores
Jodi Legg (Mesa PD DNA analyst)

Day Six:
Kevin Friedman (Yreka Police Department)
Esteban Flores
Michael Melendez (Mesa PD Computer Forensics Unit)
Esteban Flores

Day Seven:
Jody Citizen (Verizon Wireless Records Custodian)
Lawrence Gladdish (Mesa PD; examined voicemail messages of Travis Alexander)
Esteban Flores

First Witness of the day . . .

Michael Geiliti - City of Cottonwoood Heights PD - Utah before that he worked for West Jordan PD Utah in 6/5/2008 - he was working Patrol - car with a bicycle on the back of the car.

He made a traffic stop around noon 12:02 - on Redwood Rd in West Jordan - Southbound - he saw rear license plate was mounted upside down on white ford focus. He approached and introduced himself and driver was driver was JA -

He has done numerous traffic stops - he has been a Police Officer for 13 -14yrs and he has only made 1 stop with an upside down license plate - she said "oh my friends must be playing a joke on me" . . .california license plate.

As he recalls there was a 2nd vehicle pulled over after he stopped the white ford focus - the other car pulled over in front of JA. JA's Demeanor was pleasant and surprised @ the time about the license plate. . . . Officer said everything appeared to be in order otherwise and asked her to correct the problem - no citation - just a warning....

Cross - Exam
No other traffic violations that made him pull her over - he would not have made a written documentation - just a radio log created by dispatch . . . .just the license plate made him remember this incident . . . he was southbound on Redwood rd - main rd in that community - typical looking @ plates for expired tags . . . . intiate a stop on something as unusual as an upside down license plate.

He was behind ford focus - redwood rd has 3 lanes in each direction and a center safety lane - can't remember which lane . . . . 3 southbound and 3 northbound - moderate traffic in that part of the day. . . .stood out to him amongst all other things on that road. He doesn' recall ever seeing a license plate displayed upside down on an operating vehicle . . . "oh my friends must be playing a trick on me" . . . .she was pleasant.

Re-direct

It was part of his job to notice improper display of license plate - radio log automatic created by dispatch service Valley Communications Dispatch Center vs a report he would write.
Shown the radio log he is referencing

No further questions - witness steps down

January 16, 2013 Morning Testimony

State witness Michael Galieti

--Galieti currently works for city of Cottonwood Heights PD, in Utah he is a police officer.
--In June 2008 he was an officer for West Jordan PD. He drove a patrol
--on June 5, 2008 around noon Galieti made a traffic stop. 1202 hours. Traffic stop on redwood rd. The car was a white Ford Focus. The car was stopped because the back plate was mounted upside down. Jodi Arias was the driver. Galiety identifies Jodi in the courtroom.
--Galieti asked Jody why the plate was on upside down. Jodi says "Oh my friends must be playing a joke on me".
--The vehicle had California plates on it.
--Galiety recalls a second vehicle pulling over in front of the Ford Focus.
--Jodi's demeanor was "pleasant" and surprised to learn that the plate was improperly displayed.
--Officer did not notice anything unusual other than the licence plate.
--Galieti said that everything appeared to be in order and Jodi was asked to correct the plate. Length of time stopped roadside was 2-3 minutes.

CROSS EXAMINATION--DT asks if there were any other traffic violations that would cause him to pull the vehicle over. Asks the officer if he has read his report. There is no written report, just the radio log with police dispatch.
--Galieti says he was southbound on Redwood Rd. scanning plates for expired tags. DT wants to know where Galieti was when he saw the Ford Focus. The street has three lanes. Cannot remember what lane the Ford was in and what lane he was in. Typically at that time of day there would have been moderate traffic. The upside down plate was eye catching to the officer. It was the only stop of that nature this officer has made in his thirteen year career.
--Officer states Arias was pleasant.

REDIRECT--Prosecution asks if it was part of the officer's job to look for any traffic violations.
--What is the difference between a police report and a police dispatch radio log? Report is written by the officer. Radio log is the radio traffic between the officer and the dispatchers.

Next witness . . .

Raphael Columbo - Defanzo Inc. ? Budget Rent a Car -near airport - approx 5 yrs in business

6/2/08 - someone can walk in unannounced ask for a vehicle or call and make reservation or go on internet & reservaton.

Required - Identification and credit card = 21 and over major credit card and valid driver's license - 21 to 25 need more info (?)

6/2/08 - 8:04 am - he is looking @ original rental receipt - exhibit #235 admitted

item removed from package - 3 sheets - they keep those and copies @ rental agency - name - Jodi Arias rented the car - pointed defendant out.

Her demeanor was very pleasant - she had phoned few times before requesting a vehicle be available for her . . . requested something dependable - there was a guy @ the counter when she was there (not sure if she was with him or not).

Witness talked her to get to know her - she wasn't going anywhere big - just around town - she did not want a red car - lighter color car requested . . . .very pleasant and friendly - haircolor was blonde. . . .

date rented 6/2/08 8:04 - CAR was due in 6/6/08 @ 8:15am - this car rental had unlimited mileage. He asked her where she was going because certain vehicles might need an oil change and they get penalized if they go over maintenance schedule - he always asks customers where they are going to get them the right vehicle.

White ford focus rented - he was there when car was returned - and he checked the car in . . . unusual about the car noticed it had more than "local miles" - total miles 2834 driven - he asked her about it and she said "I just decided to take a little bit longer trip".

They have detailers that clean the vehicles - he did a walk around the vehicle - there were stains in backseat - appeared to be koolaid . . . same in the passenger front seat and back middle seat had larger stain . . .

floormats were missing (all of them!).

Cross Exam

Owner or Manager of Budget? He owns Devonne's(?) and does business as Budget Rental Car - he does not work for Budget. 5 yrs @ REdding Calif. airport.

Do they associate with Orbitz or other internet companies - yes .. . there is a code in there that tells he him they made a reservation online or via the 800 number. When JA called him - doesn't know if she made a previous reservation . . . .she called to insure vehicle would be ready. When he rents a car - they do not accept cash -they need a valid drivers license and major credit card - they do not photocopy the driver's license and the credit card is swiped and verified there are funds available - it is either $200 or amount of the rental - minimum $200 put on hold. . . .they don't offer insuance but they offer coverage - if they decline coverage they have to show insurance - he doesn't recall if she showed insurance -

At least 15 min discussion with JA - she was not hesitant with anything (giving info) - he

gets to know the customers and offers different vehicles on the lot . . .she wasn't evasive in anyway to the conversation -

Verified Driver's License - exhibit #235 - place for Driver's License on the rental contract. Look @ exhibit #241 - driver's license last 4 digits 7137 . . . JA matches the contract digits for driver's license. - #241 admitted

License has PO Box listed - back then PO boxes were accepted.

No further questions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back