***GRAPHIC*** The Missing Head

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the moment I still find my initial thought that the tip came from a closeted (married) visitor or a young (closeted) prostitute of the cruising area that saw someting the most plausible. The significance of Canada Day may just lay in the fact that its a special family day and it makes you feel more part of the nation. Being with ones family and children on a day like this and knowing you might have information that is so important for anothers, Jin Luns family, might have been the last push the conscience of that person needed to come forward.

The fact that the tip was received on Canada Day suggest that its probably called in. It was a sunday and a national holiday. Its an assumption by me but I dont think that there were many or any at all LE working on the case, going through the evidence that day. I dont know how the postal system works in Canada but I also highly doubt they deliver mail on sundays/national holidays.

To me, an accomplish calling in the tip doesnt seem plausible. I might be able to entertain the thought that a person known to LM with some knowledge could have called in the tip, but not an actual accomplish. For someone to risk being exposed now would be a sign of ultimate stupidity... I know human nature always seems to be able to surprise me but I highly doubt it is the case...

I have left the possibility of an accomplish, a ‘Manny’ as not very plausible. Its what LM wants us to think and its been a big part of his constructed ‘virtual life story’. If you think logically it doesnt make sence. If there were a ‘Manny’ he would have acces to the internet to and would know that LM wrote about him, implicating him in crimes. The ‘constructed’ Manny persona and LM’s openly writing about Many just dont go along... IMHO...

I agree. I don't think an accomplice makes all that much sense.

I also think you make a good point about Canada Day being the day of the tip, though I don't think because it is a family day that might motivate someone to disclose it any more than others. And I think there absolutely would be some LE working on a national holiday. A case like this, you're going to get some LE who are obsessed and hard working enough, to do so on holidays, weekends, whatever.

However, I think the fact it came in on Canada Day is significant, just by virtue, as you say, there would be more people in the park on a national holiday. Thus, more people to come across the remains. Given that this story has been huge in Montreal, if someone saw something funny-- looking like the remains of a human-- someone might be freaked out enough to call it in.

There are, in any case, any number of sources for the information, none of which need us to posit an accomplice.

Reposted from another thread:

I don't think we have any credible evidence yet that there is an accomplice.

Police located the final remains of Jun Lin in Montreal.

LE say it came from a "tip", which really could have from any number of sources:

• an anonymous tip from a random person who discovered the remains
  • a non-anonymous tip from a random person who discovered the remains
  • an anonymous tip from a non-random person who LRM has communicated with, but who played no role in the crime.
  • an non-anonymous tip from a non-random person who LRM has communicated with, but who played no role in the crime.
  • an anonymous tip potentially from LRM's legal team (LRM disclosed to his lawyers the location of the remains)
  • no tip, just police work via data from LRM's computer, phone, apartment, phone conversations, or any number of other sources
  • indirectly from LRM, who may have disclosed location to a police informant while in jail in Canada (or Germany).
  • directly from LRM, who may have disclosed location to LE as a means to garner some advantage in sentencing if he pleads guilty

There are likely more options, but those are just a few that do not require us to complicate things and hypothesize accomplices and third parties, where there is no evidence for it, at least yet.

However, I think the fact it came in on Canada Day is significant, just by virtue, as you say, there would be more people in the park on a national holiday. Thus, more people to come across the remains. Given that this story has been huge in Montreal, if someone saw something funny-- looking like the remains of a human-- someone might be freaked out enough to call it in.

I think I wasnt clear enough in my post. I think the person who called in the tip might be a closet gay/bisexual person who saw sometime during the time of the disposal of the head, 25th or 26th. A lot of in the closet, married men, use gay cruising areas to get gay sex. My premisse is that the person felt genuine fear of coming forward because of the possibilty of being outed. Losing their families etc... which is quite a biggie...

I just hope there wasn't a deal made with the .

Sadly, sometimes family members are desperate and they will do whatever it takes to find their loved one.

That's all I'll say for now.

Sadly, sometimes family members are desperate and they will do whatever it takes to find their loved one.

Yes! No deals! It's too early to cut deals...hopefully they learned that from the Karla situation!

In this case, the family would play no role in any "deal". It would have to be up to the Crown. I can't see the Crown agreeing to anything with LRM that would be anything less than imprisonment for life, for good.

It is nice for the family that Jun Lin's total remains have been recovered, but it would not be in the public interest to make any deal that would be favourable to LRM in order to obtain the remains. Can't see it happening. Too much public outrage once the details came to light -- just like the outrage over the Holmolka deal in the Bernardo case.

I have some rather morbid questions:

- they found/received/located 2 feet, 2 hands, 1 torso, 1 head.....where are the legs and arms?

- how did he manage to cut up a human body? I mean what implements did he use? Wouldn't he have had to use electric saws? I'm thinking about surgical cuts.....they are often made with surgical saws (open-chest for example).

Please note: I HAVE NOT watched the video so maybe my questions are moot.

Thanks.

In this case, the family would play no role in any "deal". It would have to be up to the Crown. I can't see the Crown agreeing to anything with LRM that would be anything less than imprisonment for life, for good.

It is nice for the family that Jun Lin's total remains have been recovered, but it would not be in the public interest to make any deal that would be favourable to LRM in order to obtain the remains. Can't see it happening. Too much public outrage once the details came to light -- just like the outrage over the Holmolka deal in the Bernardo case.

Apples and oranges,imo

KH deal was reached without the families knowledge and that was the reason for the outrage.

In this case, it could very well be possible that a deal was reached with the approval of family so they can recover the rest of the victim's remains. I'm not saying that's what happened. Just hoping it did not.

Apples and oranges,imo

KH deal was reached without the families knowledge and that was the reason for the outrage.

In this case, it could very well be possible that a deal was reached with the approval of family so they can recover the rest of the victim's remains. I'm not saying that's what happened. Just hoping it did not.

If you're right, then the Crown may be in breach of its duties and quasi-judicial function.

Any "deal" that would put the victim's family's interests ahead of the Crown's duty (and capacity) to pursue a prosecution in the public interest, would be a breach of the Crown's duties and responsibilities.

The Crown is to respect the victim and his/her family, and to be sensitive to their concerns. But the Crown's overarching duty is to the public interest.

I heard the 6 packages but never heard there'd be more killings. Do you have a link?

I don't have a link at the moment (I'll see if I can find one), but I know I also read in the MSM that the notes said there would be more killing.

The detail about the six packages has been nagging away at me since that information was released. And with many MSM outlets reporting on "human remains" (plural) being found in the park, that kind of sparked my curiosity a bit. But again, that could certainly just be the media's attempt at being delicate. Maybe the sixth package was meant to be the head, but LM discovered it would be too expensive to send...or ran out of time and panicked?

Police confirm severed head found in park DOES belong to Canadian 'cannibal' *advertiser censored* star's butchered gay lover

What a disrespectful headline. Whoever said to me The Daily Mail was not as good as I suggested was perhaps correct.

Surely people would still read the articles without the capped up - and occasionally flat out untrue overly wordy and rude headlines that accompany them.

I have some rather morbid questions:

- they found/received/located 2 feet, 2 hands, 1 torso, 1 head.....where are the legs and arms?

- how did he manage to cut up a human body? I mean what implements did he use? Wouldn't he have had to use electric saws? I'm thinking about surgical cuts.....they are often made with surgical saws (open-chest for example).

Please note: I HAVE NOT watched the video so maybe my questions are moot.

Thanks.

When it was being reported that the head was not yet recovered - and Luka was in custody - there was one other body part unaccounted for. Not legs - arms - hands - feet - or torso. Not widely reported - due to attempts to preserve victim dignity.

To answer - I do not believe the implements used were visible on the video - as it was edited in a fashion not to divulge such details. But the implements were recovered from the scene - so are known - I just do not recall.

When it was being reported that the head was not yet recovered - and Luka was in custody - there was one other body part unaccounted for. Not legs - arms - hands - feet - or torso. Not widely reported - due to attempts to preserve victim dignity.

To answer - I do not believe the implements used were visible on the video - as it was edited in a fashion not to divulge such details. But the implements were recovered from the scene - so are known - I just do not recall.

It is suspected he used an angle grinder, which is visible early in the video.

*** Warning the following post comes from the Video Discussion Thread ***

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - **GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

If there was a deal made with regards to the defense sharing the whereabouts of the body part, it would not be considered an anonymous tip, right? That would give the people very little faith in the integrity of the legal system and law enforcement IMO. It just sounds too shady, but I am no legal expert.

I'm guessing a judge could put a seal on a deal as to prevent it to become public, but based on all the other evidence, I can't imagine this would be the case. I can't even imagine what the public response might be.

Really not trying to be insensitive but are you suggesting you have seen articles that suggest the victim's penis is missing? Please elaborate, if there is still a missing body part this is certainly important. I couldn't imagine Luka, sick man that he is, NOT doing something special with that part of the body.

I`m certain I heard or read a report that the penis was found with the torso. Off to find a link, maybe it was part of a video.

I watched a short newscast today that was talking about the head being confirmed as being Jun Lins. I can't link because I can't remember what station it was, sorry I'll look for it. But they said something that sounded strange. They said police believe they have recovered all the body parts. What's that mean... Believe. Now seeing Devils post it makes me wonder. I hate to say it but if in fact it was a missing part, could it have been with the head. With decomposition maybe it was difficult to say 100% that it was the penis?
This is just a thought that I had when reading that post and I could be way off. But would very much love to hear if Devils remembers for sure if it was in fact missing.

Really not trying to be insensitive but are you suggesting you have seen articles that suggest the victim's penis is missing? Please elaborate, if there is still a missing body part this is certainly important. I couldn't imagine Luka, sick man that he is, NOT doing something special with that part of the body.

I think it was early speculation due to the police releasing info that the torso was discovered, combined with them having announced that there were supposedly 6 packages mailed (as stated in the notes that accompanied the packages that were delivered). It was the only other body part that we thought could result in mailing 6 body parts.)

Having said that, i seem to recall early MSM articles where the wording, although vague, seemed to imply that was the case; here at WS we had convo about the possibility that LRM had ingested it (thus possibly an explanation for his supposed sickness on the flight to Paris).

ETA: Prior to Lin Jun's head being found, LE had stated that the skull was the only part that was still unaccounted for. Hard to find some of these articles now because there are just so many news articles on the story. It might be in one of the earlier threads.

I think it was early speculation due to the police releasing info that the torso was discovered, combined with them having announced that there were supposedly 6 packages mailed (as stated in the notes that accompanied the packages that were delivered). It was the only other body part that we thought could result in mailing 6 body parts.)

Having said that, i seem to recall early MSM articles where the wording, although vague, seemed to imply that was the case; here at WS we had convo about the possibility that LRM had ingested it (thus possibly an explanation for his supposed sickness on the flight to Paris).

ETA: Prior to Lin Jun's head being found, LE had stated that the skull was the only part that was still unaccounted for. Hard to find some of these articles now because there are just so many news articles on the story. It might be in one of the earlier threads.
I have not heard anything that would indicate that the penis was removed, and definitely nothing implying it was ingested. What sucks about the internet is that even a benign discussion of such will be picked up and completely misinterpreted by some bozos on the internet (people hear what they want to hear and ignore the rest/the truth) and further feed the frenzy of misinformation. I feel fairly certain that LM would have ensured that the removal of that part was caught on camera and shared with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal