Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Natalie Christopher, 34, British, missing after jog, Ikaria, 5 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Οι έρευνες εκτείνονται από την περιοχή Κεραμέ Ικαρίας έως το Ακρωτήριο Δράκανο, μια απόσταση περίπου 10 χλμ. Πρόκειται για σχετικά εύκολη περιοχή, χωρίς δύσβατα σημεία.

The searches (of the SAR) extend from the region of Kerame, Ikarias until the Cape/Headland Drakano, a distance of about 10 kilometers (6.21 miles). This (search area we're talking) about (is a) relatively easy region, without rough/inaccessible points.

(my translation only)

Ικαρία: Μεγάλη κινητοποίηση για τον εντοπισμό της 34χρονης Νάταλι | Kathimerini

Ikaria
Island Official FB Page - Missing Poster

Have you seen DR NATALIE CHRISTOPHER? She is missing on IKARIA - If you have seen her, please contact the POLICE _TEL +30 2275 022222 - She is a BRITISH-CYPRIOT astrophysicist missing since yesterday

45o ΦΕΣΤΙΒΑΛ ΚΝΕ-ΟΔΗΓΗΤΗ
Πέμπτη 8 Αυγούστου
Καραβόσταμο Ικαρίας (ρέμα)
ώρα έναρξης: 9μ.μ.
Λαϊκό γλέντι με την ορχήστρα του Βαγγέλη Κορακάκη

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a person of interest or suspect in the case?

I would expect a person with a nosebleed to get a tissue from the bathroom. I would further expect to find a bloody tissue in the bathroom wastebasket. MOO
A nosebleed doesn't have to be much, I have had nightly nosebleeds that have only been a few drops and have ended by itself, the only signs of those have been some blood on the pillow or some dry blood around the nostrils. No need for a tissue, just washing off the dried blood. Or when having a cold, getting a little blood on a tissue when blowing my nose. It was just a small blood vessel in the nose leaking a few drops sometimes.
If NC was predisposed for nosebleeds during the night, her partner might be used to finding spots of blood on the pillows.

I would expect a person with a nosebleed to get a tissue from the bathroom. I would further expect to find a bloody tissue in the bathroom wastebasket. MOO
Apparently that's what happened:

According to her 35-year-old companion, however, it was blood on her nose, as she had a nosebleed the night before she disappeared and even went to the bathroom to clean her nose with tissue.

Εξαφάνιση Natalie Christopher: 'Χτενίζουν' την Ικαρία οι αρχές - Το στίγμα του κινητού και οι μαρτυρίες

If the phone was showing as deactivated on 05Aug but then pinged the next morning, I’m inclined to think she was injured during her run and is still alive. Maybe turning off her phone to save the battery.
They aren't sure what happened. IMO it's less likely that she moved from yesterday.

For its part, Sigmalive said the 35-year-old's mobile phone was spotted from a new area.

However, it is not excluded that the mobile phone was reactivated today and was in a non-signal area, and according to the authorities all the possibilities regarding the investigations are open.

Εξαφάνιση Natalie Christopher: 'Χτενίζουν' την Ικαρία οι αρχές - Το στίγμα του κινητού και οι μαρτυρίες

Theodoros Chronopoulos, a spokesman for ELAS, describing the search area (automatic translation, BBM):

"It's an area about 4.5 kilometers from Agios Kirikos and you realize that as the hours go by this area opens up to the investigators . We are talking about a mass of low vegetation, with no gorges or cliffs."

Αγωνία για την εξαφανισμένη αστροφυσικό: Οι φωνές, το αίμα και το στίγμα του κινητού

When you have a massive SAR going on as you do in this case, and the days continue to pass by, eventually you face the same question as you did in the Eaton case:

"Where is this missing person?" In other words, "why haven't they found her yet?"

And since we're not dealing with a hard to search area (and I posted a report earlier from Greek media that confirms the source you posted as well), then the longer this drags on, the more likely we're dealing with foul play.

MOO

And since we're not dealing with a hard to search area (and I posted a report earlier from Greek media that confirms the source you posted as well), then the longer this drags on, the more likely we're dealing with foul play.
On the other hand, if she went for a run with her phone/watch, her movements could probably be traced. It was reported that her partner made an appeal to Google and Facebook to reveal data that would help locating her:

"I need Google and Facebook to reveal the location of the girl's cellphone. Her cellphone is open for more than 24 hours and we are unable to find her exact location. We stopped calling her to keep the battery, "he said.

Εξαφάνιση Natalie Christopher: 'Χτενίζουν' την Ικαρία με θερμική κάμερα. Μυστήριο με το κινητό της

I've not been to Ikaria, but where I have been in Greece you can't flush toilet paper as the plumbing isn't built for it.

This was 20 years ago, so it may have changed.
Going back 30 odd years I was staying at a holiday resort in Turkey where at a public convenience they didn't even have toilet paper but handed out jugs of water at the entrance. :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back