Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Natalie Christopher, 34, British, missing after jog, Ikaria, 5 August 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
who heard voices and entered hotel room? why on earth would you do that?

«Άκουσα κάποιες φωνές το προηγούμενο βράδυ.

"I heard some shouting* the previous evening."

*The Greek word can literally mean voices (as the online translation rendered it), but in the context here, it means shouting.

(my translation only)

Εξαφάνιση αστροφυσικού στην Ικαρία: Ραγδαίες εξελίξεις στην υπόθεση (videos) | ΝΕΑ ΣΕΛΙΔΑ

A preliminary inquiry was being conducted by Samos police headquarters, with both security law enforcement and crime detectives joining the investigation.

Police sealed off the hotel room and were said to be seeking data from the private phone records of the couple to assist in the investigation.

Greek authorities were under media scrutiny last month as they were investigating the death of an American scientist, Suzanne Eaton ...

Detectives join missing woman’s case on Ikaria island | Kathimerini

A preliminary inquiry was being conducted by Samos police headquarters, with both security law enforcement and crime detectives joining the investigation.

Police sealed off the hotel room and were said to be seeking data from the private phone records of the couple to assist in the investigation.

Greek authorities were under media scrutiny last month as they were investigating the death of an American scientist, Suzanne Eaton ...

Detectives join missing woman’s case on Ikaria island | Kathimerini

That's interesting. They're bringing in crime detectives from the neighboring island of Samos to assist in the criminal investigation.
Here's the official press release from the Hellenic Police that was referenced in that article.
SAR (Search And Rescue) and criminal investigations are being conducted in parallel/at the same time. (my summary/paraphrase of the press release)

06-08-2019: Ανακοίνωση Γ.Ε.Δ. Βορείου Αιγαίου σχετικά με έρευνες που είναι σε εξέλιξη για τον εντοπισμό 35χρονης υπηκόου Ηνωμένου Βασιλείου στην Ικαρία - Υπ. Εσωτερικών και Διοικητικής Ανασυγκρότησης - Ελληνική Αστυνομία

SKAI also reports that two text messages have been sent.
It appears from another source, that it was the police who sent two text messages to her phone today. They went unanswered. Also from the article below:

The 35-year-old's phone appears to have deactivated on the afternoon of August 5 and appeared active again this morning.

From the geotagging effort, two broadcast spots were found in different parts of the island.

Περιπλέκεται το θρίλερ της εξαφάνισης της 35χρονης: Άνοιξε το κινητό της 12 ώρες μετά

Hmmm...if I had a nosebleed the night before I probably wouldn't go running in the morning Also, since apparently they were on a tight schedule to leave, I might do a short run but nothing long. It says upthread that she left at 8:00 am and he called and spoke to her at 9:30 am and she was still running and going uphill.

That's a long run. I would like to know if she typically did 1 1/2 to 2 hour runs.

Very curious.

Οι έρευνες εκτείνονται από την περιοχή Κεραμέ Ικαρίας έως το Ακρωτήριο Δράκανο, μια απόσταση περίπου 10 χλμ. Πρόκειται για σχετικά εύκολη περιοχή, χωρίς δύσβατα σημεία.

The searches (of the SAR) extend from the region of Kerame, Ikarias until the Cape/Headland Drakano, a distance of about 10 kilometers (6.21 miles). This (search area we're talking) about (is a) relatively easy region, without rough/inaccessible points.

(my translation only)

Ικαρία: Μεγάλη κινητοποίηση για τον εντοπισμό της 34χρονης Νάταλι | Kathimerini

Hmmm...if I had a nosebleed the night before I probably wouldn't go running in the morning Also, since apparently they were on a tight schedule to leave, I might do a short run but nothing long. It says upthread that she left at 8:00 am and he called and spoke to her at 9:30 am and she was still running and going uphill.

That's a long run. I would like to know if she typically did 1 1/2 to 2 hour runs.

Very curious.

maybe she is in training for another race. marathon training does tend to take over your life! i know my marathon training was all consuming each time. if she has no other opportunity this week to get in her long run then she might have been going that morning.....or using the terrain as hill training

us runners are competitive (with ourselves) and she is definitely a serious runner

Very curious.
She did a marathon in Cyprus in June and it looks to be over rough ground.

Natalie Christopher

"A few blood spots were actually found at three different points. A few blood stains were found on the pillow, in the sheets and in front of the mirror, "the hotelier said.

Εξαφάνιση αστροφυσικού στην Ικαρία: Ραγδαίες εξελίξεις στην υπόθεση (videos) | ΝΕΑ ΣΕΛΙΔΑ
I would expect a person with a nosebleed to get a tissue from the bathroom. I would further expect to find a bloody tissue in the bathroom wastebasket. MOO

wow.

this JUST happened july 2:

Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

a random psychopath was arrested, but similar story. is this man still in jail?

and another man (tourist) went for a walk and didn't return in june.
Greece - Greece - John Tossell, 73, British tourist went for a walk, Zante, 17 June 2019

then again, the bf could just be familiar with these cases. i suppose the "went for a jog and never came home" excuse is used quite often. MOO.

Good spots - thanks for sharing

«Φύλλο και φτερό» από τις Αρχές το δωμάτιο που έμεναν

The authorities are (going over) the (hotel) room they stayed in "with a fine tooth comb."*

*The phrase here (which I translated to an English idiom) is a Greek idiom, which literally means, "leaf and feather," and means in context here that the police are searching every bit of that room, with the implication being that it may be a possible crime scene.

Σύμφωνα με τον σύντροφό της, το πρωί εκείνης της ημέρας είχε ανοίξει η μύτη της 34χρονος.

According to her partner, on that morning she, the 34 year old, had a bloody nose*

literally means her nose "had opened," but in context here means that the partner is claiming that the blood stains on the bed were due to her having a bloody nose.

(my translation only)

Εξαφάνιση αστροφυσικού στην Ικαρία: Κηλίδες αίματος βρέθηκαν στο κρεβάτι του ζευγαριού

And from here MOO:

How did he know she had a bloody nose in the morning if he never saw her that morning (as was reported earlier)?

This made me laugh at the irony of it.

If she really did have a nosebleed, this is going to cause difficulties by swaying opinion with the police, without proof. The comments further above about her saying on the phone she had to go slow but would make her way back slowly, are interesting.

wow.

this JUST happened july 2:

Found Deceased - Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST* #2

a random psychopath was arrested, but similar story. is this man still in jail?

and another man (tourist) went for a walk and didn't return in june.
Greece - Greece - John Tossell, 73, British tourist went for a walk, Zante, 17 June 2019

then again, the bf could just be familiar with these cases. i suppose the "went for a jog and never came home" excuse is used quite often. MOO.

Or do they have the wrong man?

It's way too eerie.
--------
Okay, went down some rabbit holes. Not so eerie.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back