Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even someone attending the conference. This event is regularly occurring (annually?) and if it can be presumed the same attendees return each time, anyone would likely know about these bunkers. I wouldn't rule out anyone at this point. JMO

There'd have to be another person missing for a long time from the conference recess. Scientists usually hang out and have lunch together during conferences, someone would notice his absence. He'd have to be either James Bond or Ted Bundy in order to strangle her, take her there, drop her into the cave, cover the entrance and return to the conference looking as though nothing had happened. But then again, who knows..

There'd have to be another person missing for a long time from the conference recess. Scientists usually hang out and have lunch together during conferences, someone would notice his absence. He'd have to be either James Bond or Ted Bundy in order to strangle her, take her there, drop her into the cave, cover the entrance and return to the conference looking as though nothing had happened. But then again, who knows..

I believe there was a long afternoon break which makes sense give there was evening sessions and a late dinner plus her planning on a run. The bunker is 17 minutes there by car. I think there was time for the crime to be done within an hours time. She was strangled so no blood to clean off.

That article is from 06/2008, in the past 11 years what has transpired with things? Have criminal empires/drug conspiracies continued to rise, or have things been quieted down? This is why I was curious about the frequency of violent crimes or homicides in the areas so I could try and think up some possible scenarios.

Ι believe things have remained pretty much the same. "Mafia"-type incidents in drug farms is not something we'd hear about on the news, but at least there have been no major incidents reported lately. Then again I'm not an expert, I don't go to Crete that often nor do I live there.

I can't find any mention in Greek media of her ear being cut off nor of her being stabbed. Only the Daily Mail site makes this claim. Flashnews.gr and Zarpanews.gr are the websites to follow as they are local to Chania and get insider info. Both of them say that she was definitely killed elsewhere and then moved to the site, dropped through the hole in the roof.

All good points. It's probably not a co-scientist, but I could make it fit somehow, even if a bit farfetched.

Do any of the conference attendees rent vehicles? Whatever happened to her, could have happened quickly and her body could have been dumped later - even the next day.

The implication of my first post was not to assume immediately and solely that it is a local. JMO

All good points. It's probably not a co-scientist, but I could make it fit somehow, even if a bit farfetched.

Do any of the conference attendees rent vehicles? Whatever happened to her, could have happened quickly and her body could have been dumped later - even the next day.

The implication of my first post was not to assume immediately and solely that it is a local. JMO

Here is the conference website.
Insect Hormones

If someone has the time and means, they could look into each attendee individually. I doubt it would be one of them though. Too risky!

I would focus the investigation back at her hotel. She (according to many articles now) had brought her phone on her previous days run and taken many pictures, however her phone was in her hotel room. I think it very likely she would have taken her phone for any hike/walk/run in spite of some reports that she did not do that. Something interrupted her. The attack may have happened there, and her body taken to that cave the same day, or days later.

Ear cut off? If true it would be interesting to see the nature of the wound. Was it cut of or torn off by something. It takes surprisingly little force to rip someones ear off (not having personally done it but being a medical type person who taught anatomy for a living).

Last edited:
Here is the conference website.
Insect Hormones

If someone has the time and means, they could look into each attendee individually. I doubt it would be one of them though. Too risky!
Yes agree. I would presume anyone who had contact with her would be interviewed and checked for alibis. Could have even been someone who worked the conference. Or maybe completely random with someone she came across on her run.

It's just not completely certain she went for a run though right? And she wasn't seen on any surveillance. Still a mystery in many ways.

Whoever is responsible, I hope they are caught and brought to justice. Quickly.

Last edited:
who carries a phone with them when jogging? DROP, CRACK! shattered screen. Certainly, Mrs. Eaton was a fashionable hiker: the new boots, form fitting gear. I recall hiking with a girlfriend in Turkey's isolated mountains. A local saw us and thought he was due his share of sugar. He shadowed us the entire way down the mountain. CREEPY.

Well these new details are incredibly disturbing. It does sound like a mafia type crime but I still doubt it was drug farmers for many reasons. They would be too close to a popular academy which hosts curious visitors year round. Also, killing a foreign tourist would spark a search as we saw. So that increases the likelihood their operations would be discovered. Don’t think they want any attention on them. They operate in secrecy.

I still have in the back of my head that if she were to go running without a way to keep time or distance, then she would of gone on a familiar route. The fact she wasn’t seen on the surveillance by the very close Monastery tells me she obviously didn’t make it far. Crime seems personal. I think it may of been someone she known or was familiar with.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member