Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
who carries a phone with them when jogging? DROP, CRACK! shattered screen. Certainly, Mrs. Eaton was a fashionable hiker: the new boots, form fitting gear. I recall hiking with a girlfriend in Turkey's isolated mountains. A local saw us and thought he was due his share of sugar. He shadowed us the entire way down the mountain. CREEPY.

I always carry a phone while running. Also have a protective cover on it.

The perpetrator(s) had to know this particular bunker/cave. IMO That excludes the conference attendees.

It has been mentioned that she went running on two previous days (Sunday and Monday). The conference properly started on Monday, so she could have gone running at a different hour on Sunday (or not at all).

Since she took her phone on her previous runs, it's possible that she would have taken it on Tuesday as well. She changed into her running gear, so she intended to go out. Abduction from her room seems less likely (smaller window of opportunity). It's possible that she accepted an offer for a car ride from someone she trusted.

What could have happened! Her ear cut off? Was this going to be a ransom kidnapping that turned into a murder?
Personally, I have seen this injury many times resulting from fights (I used to be an EMT). Her ear may have been torn off during a struggle when the person had his hands around her nose and mouth for example. MOO only obviously.

It was said by authorities that her clothes were intact, not torn, not ripped. How come he didn't tear her clothes especially if there was fighting and/or a rape? He just strangled her for what? And if he did remove her clothes, why did he put them back on her? Out of respect? She was found dressed, in fact it was by her clothes that her initial identification was made, by her family, while she was still lying face down in the cave.

Last edited:
Though this could be random, I just don’t think it’s highly likely a random person waiting behind a bush in the middle of a bright and HOT day for a tourist to jog by. There are plenty of opportunities to commit a crime like this at night near hot tourists spots.

If she intended to go anywhere else than just for a quick walk/run, she would have taken more things with her. So she either didn't leave on her own accord or went somewhere very near. Without the phone she didn't plan on taking any pictures.

The perpetrator(s) had to know this particular bunker/cave. IMO That excludes the conference attendees.

It has been mentioned that she went running on two previous days (Sunday and Monday). The conference properly started on Monday, so she could have gone running at a different hour on Sunday (or not at all).

Since she took her phone on her previous runs, it's possible that she would have taken it on Tuesday as well. She changed into her running gear, so she intended to go out. Abduction from her room seems less likely (smaller window of opportunity). It's possible that she accepted an offer for a car ride from someone she trusted.
See my previous post. These bunkers are on Trip Advisir. Anyone can find them. They attract tourists. Also people who come back every year should be familiar with the area.

What could have happened! Her ear cut off? Was this going to be a ransom kidnapping that turned into a murder?

Has me leaning more towards random local maniac who either saw her at hotel & followed her until an opportunity presented itself for them to make a move (i.e. when she went for a run), or they maybe had seen her running that day or the previous days she was running, and began stalking her from that point forward, JMO.

See my previous post. These bunkers are on Trip Advisir. Anyone can find them. They attract tourists. Also people who come back every year should be familiar with the area.
Bunkers in general or this particular one? The interior doesn't look very touristy to me. I read in a few articles that not many locals knew that it was there. Even if I vacationed in the same hotel for 5 years (you get a lot less free time when attending a conference), I wouldn't necessarily know every nook and cranny in a village 10km away.

It was said by authorities that her clothes were intact, not torn, not ripped. How come he didn't tear her clothes especially if there was fighting and/or a rape? He just strangled her for what? And if he did remove her clothes, why did he put them back on her? Out of respect? She was found dressed, in fact it was by her clothes that her initial identification was made, by her family, while she was still lying face down in the cave.
Right now we are only getting bits and pieces of the whole story. The rest will come out in the coming weeks.

Her clothes might not have been in the initially reported condition for example.

Reports were that she was wrapped or covered in burlap...why??

She was also stabbed (reportedly).

She may have fought back pretty hard with an attacker who had a knife, she may have been suffocated in a rage during that fight after being stabbed. While holding her in the suffocation position he tore or cut of her ear, perhaps accidentally.

Knowing about the caves may not mean knowing exactly where and how to drop a body such that it is difficult to locate. I'm inclined to believe that this is done by a local.

Anyone else have the feeling that a male employee of the Academy, with available work related burlap, is possibly gonna be the culprit ?....moo

*raises hand*

ETA: I haven’t excluded another conference attendee. Really we can’t exclude anyone. But I do have high suspicions it’s someone from the OAC.

Burlap does suggest landscaping, but may it's also used in fruit picking. Maybe someone local knows who typically uses burlap in their job.
This image of the front of the Academy looks like burlap in that front garden (zoom in and you can what looks like seams, maybe my imagination)

Attachments

• slide2.jpg
    slide2.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors