Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. She goes to Crete to attend a conference as she has done for the pst 5 years. She goes for at least one run that we know of, as per her normal routine. She ends up murdered. Written in some cruel stars.

An Agatha Christie mystery indeed - what is needed is a Hercule Poirot or a Miss Marple. Case solved.

I read that she went for a run the previous two days, does that mean that she arrived early to enjoy the Island prior to the conference? The conference ended on July 5, she disappeared on July 2. When did the conference start?

She went for a run on two days and took pictures with her phone. The third day she vanished and did not have her phone with her. She disappears after playing the piano at 3PM. That's when she was last seen.

Who had access to her at the piano, after she went to her room, when did she change into her sneakers, where did she last eat, was it snacks or conference lunch?

What road?

I've been trying to figure that out. The caves are described as being in Xamoudochori. This town is south of the highway (which is where you find the underpasses). The rough road should go to the east if it is south of the highway or to the west if it is north of the highway. I haven't been able to pin down the road to the bunker, but here is a map showing the village and you will see the highway.

Dr Suzanne Eaton - Crete - Google My Maps

"She was found on rough and rocky terrain inside the abandoned bunker about 10km (six miles) away from where she was last seen, according to police in the port city of Chania, where the conference was being held."

"According to a local official speaking to ABC News, the area around the bunker, which lies to the north-west of the island, is a popular tourist spot."

US scientist found dead in WW2 bunker on Crete

Is it a tourist spot or are they confusing it with one of the others?

I read that she went for a run the previous two days, does that mean that she arrived early to enjoy the Island prior to the conference? The conference ended on July 5, she disappeared on July 2. When did the conference start?

She went for a run on two days and took pictures with her phone. The third day she vanished and did not have her phone with her. She disappears after playing the piano at 3PM. That's when she was last seen.

Who had access to her at the piano, after she went to her room, when did she change into her sneakers, where did she last eat, was it snacks or conference lunch?

The conference opened on the evening of June 30, when they had registration and a dinner. She would have likely checked in that day.

CBS Evening News on Twitter

Not much new here, other than the comment from the coroner to CBS News that "It wasn't a quick death."

:(

OK, if this was a hired killer, they wouldn't likely have dragged things out. So, a rage killing, either by someone she knew or by someone angry at women generally, seems most likely to me.

We haven't heard anything about whether she was sexually assaulted yet.

ETA: Ooops. Here's a quote from the Daily Mail mentioning that they were doing a rape test. American biologist murdered in Greece fought for her life and had foreign DNA under her fingernails | Daily Mail Online

While I think almost everything has been mentioned in this thread, here is Heavy's just updated:
Suzanne Eaton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Some solid info in this article, thank you for posting:

Quote from article.
"Star TV in Greece is reporting she was also stabbed and one of her ears was cut off. Athens police and homicide detectives have been sent to Crete to lead the investigation. Star TV in Greece is reporting she was also stabbed and one of her ears was cut off. Athens police and homicide detectives have been sent to Crete to lead the investigation. The Greek news agency Patris is reporting that DNA evidence was found under her nails, showing that Eaton attempted to fight off her attacker [BBM].

"Eaton was a senior black belt in the Taekwondo, leading authorities to suspect more than one perpetrator".

Have these pieces of information been reported elsewhere that we are aware of other than the Daily Mail. I've been trying to follow the local press and the greek translation options make some of what is being said difficult to understand for non greek speakers.

Never underestimate the power of rumors. Especially in small Greek villages. Her ear could of been partly torn and somehow it blew up to it being cut off. A press conference would
Be nice at this point.

Do Greek police often do press conferences? This story is now being picked up by the American media, so they might be put under more pressure.

I've been trying to figure that out. The caves are described as being in Xamoudochori. This town is south of the highway (which is where you find the underpasses). The rough road should go to the east if it is south of the highway or to the west if it is north of the highway. I haven't been able to pin down the road to the bunker, but here is a map showing the village and you will see the highway.

They are between Xamoudochori and Maleme, and more specifically near Pirgos Psilonerou and very close to the highway PEO Kissamou-Chanion (so I've read). This video here
0.25-0.37 shows the main road, and the dirt road leading to the cave entrance.

Αnother site says that the 3 bunker caves (theres 3 of them) are on the hill towards Gribiliana (exactly above the old High School which is now a "municipal hostel" of some kind).

You had me excited there, but I don't think that's it. That is super close to the conference centre and not the right town.

Two or 3 of the pics are exactly identical to pics from the crime scence, ie entrance etc. Sorry it's too late in the night here for me to search but you can find them easily. Kolymbari / Maleme / Xamoudochori / Pirgos Psilonerou all these are super close to each other, I believe. They said at one site that the cave she was found in is very close to the highway PEO Kissamou-Chanion so it cant be very far from the coastline.

I don't think so. I saw an earlier video and it showed a level area, with a little grid blocking a hole that went straight down from the flat area. I'll see if I can link the video.

No, that's the ventilation hole she was dropped through into the cave! The main entrance is the one shown above, the one blocked by branches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member