Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if she didn't take that deserted side road, but the main coastal road towards the Academy, he would not have attacked for fear of other traffic?

Yes, that was the implication.

When did he spot her? When she was already on the side road? That road must have been out of his way.

They didn't mention when he spotted her, but they said he waited/had-to-wait.

The reporter could have had it wrong, and there have been numerous inaccuracies in the Greek media, so take it all as speculation until confirmation from LE.

JMO

Last edited:
That bit where he describes the exact spot of abduction is kinda hard for someone not local to understand. He describes it the way we'd describe a place to someone already familiar with the area we're talking about. So I'm not sure I got it correctly. It seems she turned to go up a side-road (?) towards the Evelpidon monument, and he swerved and came up behind her to knock her over.
Another view of the spot on the side road below (Sources: Google Maps, Το σημείο που σκότωσε την 60χρονη Suzanne Eaton ο 27χρονος δράστης (φωτο)). Original from the article:
dolofoniasuzan.jpg

Attachments

• side_road.jpg
    side_road.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 9
"A 27-year-old man has confessed to murdering American biologist Suzanne Eaton on the isle of Crete. On July 15, Yiannis Paraskakis admitted to Greek investigators that he was sexually motivated and that Eaton was a random target. Paraskakis told prosecutors that he took his car and went out looking for the first woman he could rape and kill. “I would do it to anyone I met at that moment in front of me,” Paraskakis told authorities. “Sometimes I catch something and I want to hurt,” he added. “We all fell from the clouds because we never realized that the child was sick,” one of Paraskakis’ unidentified relatives told NewsIT...

Paraskakis told Greek authorities he noticed Eaton jogging by the Memorial for Greek Cadets in Koyambri when he hit her twice with his car to immobilize her. Once unconscious, Paraskakis put Eaton in the trunk of his car. He told investigators he felt pleasure when he was able to conceal her in the back of his vehicle. Detectives later found bloodstains where he’d struck Eaton. Paraskakis then drove Eaton to the bunker, where he raped her and left her to die...

Paraskakis initially denied any involvement in Eaton’s death, saying he hadn’t visited the Nazi bunker for at least one month. He only confessed after authorities told him security cameras in the area had captured his car on video...

Paraskakis is a farmer and woodworker who has been married for three years and has two young children, a boy who is three years old and a girl who is two. Espresso News reported that Paraskakis lives in Melame, is from Kissamos and owns land near the bunker. He is the son of a priest and his mother is active with the church...

Paraskakis regularly posted on various social media sites, has over 4,000 Facebook friends and was a regular YouTube contributor. There are several videos showing him exploring passageways that appear to be that of the abandoned Nazi ammunition bunker where Eaton’s body was located... [Anyone find these Youtube videos?]...

Locals described Paraskakis as a “brawler” and said he was sometimes “irritating,” but never thought he was capable of committing murder. Family members had a different take on his personality, with one relative saying he was “a calm man” who often told jokes..."

Yiannis Paraskakis: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to ANT1, he allegedly told police officers:

"I had a great desire to have sex. I took the car and searched the beaches to find a woman. I reached Kolymbari. I took the road to the monument above the Orthodox Academy of Crete. On the return I saw the woman running on the street. I did not stop. I went a step further and reversed. I saw there was no pedestrian, no car. I approached her from behind and hit her in the car. "

Σοκάρει η κυνική ομολογία του δολοφόνου της Αμερικανίδας βιολόγου: Ήθελα να κάνω σεξ | Documento

So he was returning from the monument site at the end of the side road, when he spotted Suzanne running. If she was running uphill towards the monument, how could she have been hit from behind? Did he drive past her and reversed into her?

The article also states that he used bleach to clean the car afterwards.

This article from alertv.com has some upsetting information about the sexual aspects of this crime. The google translate also seems to mangle the information unfortunately. Given the sensational aspect of this reporting as a non local I have no idea of the quality of this reporting organization but I am linking the article below in case anyone is interested.

I did find the following information from the article interesting to provide some possible info about the time gap discussed on this thread previously between the abduction/SE run over repeatedly by suspect and the estimated TOD in order to more clearly define the timeline:

From google translate:
"According to what was revealed in the press conference, identified the 60-year street mezzanine Monument Military Kolymbari while making Jogging, made reversing hit her twice with his car and knocked unconscious. Then put it in the trunk of the car and transferred to the cave 10 km .. There remained about one hour and 20 minutes. Rape her and then cast into a well of the old emplacement, which were covered with an old pallet".

Original text in greek:
Σύμφωνα με τα όσα αποκαλύφθηκαν στη συνέντευξη Τύπου, εντόπισε την 60χρονη στο δρόμο οντά στο Μνημείο Ευελπίδων στο Κολυμπάρι ενώ έκανε τζόκινγκ, έκανε αναστροφή τη χτύπησε δύο φορές με το αυτοκίνητό του και την έριξε κάτω αναίσθητη.

Suzanne Eaton:"Όταν τη βίασα, ήταν νεκρή" - Αποκαλύψεις σοκ για τον θάνατο της 60χρονης βιολόγου από τον 27χρονο γιο παπά, με δύο ανήλικα παιδιά! (ΒΙΝΤΕΟ) - AlertTV

In reading an article from Alertv.com above, I found this new article that outlines two *possible* attacks. You can translate the site through Google if it doesn’t come through in English. Sorry if I’m not linking it correctly- will work on editing it.

Σε ΣΟΚ η Κρήτη: Καταγγελίες από γυναίκες για επιθέσεις με αυτοκίνητο μετά το θρίλερ της βιολόγου - AlertTV

ETA: The article outlines two alleged incidents. One woman, a young Lithuanian, was out jogging in 2018 when a white car tried to run her over. She jumped up into a tree to get out of the way. There was supposedly a witness to this attempt. The article references another attempt, but the alleged victim does not want to go on record yet with a more formal accusation.

In reading an article from Alertv.com above, I found this new article that outlines two *possible* attacks. You can translate the site through Google if it doesn’t come through in English. Sorry if I’m not linking it correctly- will work on editing it.

Σε ΣΟΚ η Κρήτη: Καταγγελίες από γυναίκες για επιθέσεις με αυτοκίνητο μετά το θρίλερ της βιολόγου - AlertTV

ETA: The article outlines two alleged incidents. One woman, a young Lithuanian, was out jogging in 2018 when a white car tried to run her over. She jumped up into a tree to get out of the way. There was supposedly a witness to this attempt. The article references another attempt, but the alleged victim does not want to go on record yet with a more formal accusation.

Very interesting. 27 year old Lithuanian had an internship in the town of Gerani which is next to Maleme. She went running around 7am one morning in a road close to the ocean but in olive fields when he tried to hit her with his car. The road was tight and he wasn’t able to hit her. He stopped ahead of her and didn’t get out. She started screaming and another tourist happened to be nearby and he started screaming at the car. The perp drove off.

She didn’t go to the police despite being traumatized because he didn’t hit her and she needed to get to work. She recalls the car being white. This was end of August 2018.

Just TWO months ago he actually hit a young girl in Kastelli who ended up escaping! She doesn’t want to give details until she files a police report.

Ticking time bomb is right. I have attached a map of the villages he went after the two girls from my Apple maps. Kastelli seems to be just outside of Kissamos.

( I apologize if my greek translation is a bit off. My Greek needs to be brushed up on)

Attachments

• E5D03957-73E4-43EE-8FBD-FF51D5281115.png
    E5D03957-73E4-43EE-8FBD-FF51D5281115.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 15
Very interesting. 27 year old Lithuanian had an internship in the town of Gerani which is next to Maleme. She went running around 7am one morning in a road close to the ocean but in olive fields when he tried to hit her with his car. The road was tight and he wasn’t able to hit her. He stopped ahead of her and didn’t get out. She started screaming and another tourist happened to be nearby and he started screaming at the car. The perp drove off.

She didn’t go to the police despite being traumatized because he didn’t hit her and she needed to get to work. She recalls the car being white. This was end of August 2018.

Just TWO months ago he actually hit a young girl in Kastelli who ended up escaping! She doesn’t want to give details until she files a police report.

Ticking time bomb is right. I have attached a map of the villages he went after the two girls from my Apple maps. Kastelli seems to be just outside of Kissamos.

( I apologize if my greek translation is a bit off. My Greek needs to be brushed up on)

And, according to the article, the Lithuanian was studying sociology in Berlin. Another expat living in Germany who was running in Crete! Totally coincidence IMO, but what a coincidence!

Wow! :eek:

Has it been confirmed it was YZ in both those incidents?

Here's the original flashnews article, which is the source for the article you posted.

Χανιά: Δύο κοπέλες γλίτωσαν από του χάρου τα δόντια μετά από επίθεση από λευκό αμάξι

Some information from the link below (corrections welcome; automatic translation in italics):

His wife became suspicious after seeing his reaction to the news bulletins:

The 27-year-old when he saw Suzanne Eaton's news bulletins was irritated by his attitude of suspicion to his wife. This is how the pressing questions about the case began, and at some point her farmer revealed the truth.

He covered her with the cloth from a beach umbrella:

"I took a beach umbrella out of the trunk. I threw the irons and with the cloth I covered it and put it in the trunk. I left immediately and went to Xamoudochori. "

He had her blood on his clothes:

The fourth mistake of the 27-year-old was that the clothes he wore on the day he killed the woman had Suzanne Eaton's traces of blood.

Δολοφονία βιολόγου: Ο εκνευρισμός του δολοφόνου για τα δελτία ειδήσεων – Συγκλονίζουν τα παιδιά και ο σύζυγoς της βιολόγου! | iRafina:

The amount of irrefutable corroborating evidence in this crime is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13