Greece Greece - French female tourist, 73, Sikinos, 14 Jun 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is an article on Françoise Boutteaux, age 73.
France Bleu News François Boutteaux missing on Sikinos
Very nicely written article. Her son sounds very appropriate, and is respectful of both French and Greek authorities.

He says the search is concentrated in the southern end of the island and terrain is very steep and treacherous. Most likely a fall, one of them after the other.

""In a corner of my mind, I tell myself that I will see my mother alive again ," concludes Frédéric Gille. "But the Cartesian in me has a hard time resolving to anything other than she is no longer alive."

Very nicely written article. Her son sounds very appropriate

Yes - some original reporting. Most news stories on those missing in Greece are rehashing the same information over and over again. An accident involving both women is a very good theory.

There are no trees, it's very low vegetation. How can we not find two missing people at the same time? We don't understand", laments Laurine, a friend of Marie-Pierre in designating the place of his disappearance. What remains even more disturbing for loved ones are the calls and photos sent by Françoise two days after disappearing.
So the 12th seems to be the missing date.
The two women had met the day before and decided to walk together. They set off on a five-hour walk, without any particular difficulty for these seasoned hikers, and the weather was not even scorching on June 12, the day of their disappearance on the island of Sikinos, in Greece.

There also seams a delay on when the hotelier raised the alarm .

Calls to the hotelierLaurine tries to cross-check the little information she was able to obtain, two days after their disappearance on Friday, Françoise's cell phone calls her hotelier several times at 6 a.m. The latter only responded two hours later. An exchange with the hotel reception ensued: “He said he didn’t understand what she said, that she only spoke French. But she sent back a photo of herself, lying on the ground, marking “ I fell", and she writes that in English. Putting it all together, we don't understand. Especially since the alert from the hotelier was not given at eight o'clock in the morning following for exchanges, but in the evening."

Video, in French, about the two women missing. Lots of photos, and some photos of Sikinos.

No text for me to translate so I can't get much info out of it. Perhaps someone with better French skills could give it a try.

This copy of the same article has some labels that make it a bit more difficult to freeze and examine.

Last edited:
In the first video, Marie-Pierre Arfel's niece claims to be unable to contact either the consul or the commissioner in charge of the investigation. At the start of the video, the journalist states that the 2 French women did not know each other. He said they were experienced hikers. The son of Françoise Bouuteaux specifies that his mother would never have ventured onto a ridge line and that she would have stayed on the marked trails because she was cautious.

On Françoise Boutteaux's Linkedin page, it is indicated that she has skills in Greek and English languages.

pcab.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back