Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
was on the news earlier here that her bedroom,was decorated before they would allow any cameras in and im sure the reporter said that there was pretty much only a bed in it before.

was on the news earlier here that her bedroom,was decorated before they would allow any cameras in and im sure the reporter said that there was pretty much only a bed in it before.

That sort of stinks

Who took the pictures of her room ? It looks slightly "staged"

She looks upset and scared as shes been taken away by strangera... she wouldnt remember the first time around....

Im not saying she was stolen. Im believing that less and less but u cant get away with "buying" children for ur own gain.. she deserves better

Just skimming, but if the parents were receiving ~$3400 a month in aid, how are they considered so poor? I thought I read the prefab homes were provided by the government, too. Granted, it's not a TON of money, but the need to send out children to beg, etc. doesn't seem warranted. Or am I missing something huge?

Who took the pictures of her room ? It looks slightly "staged"

She looks upset and scared as shes been taken away by strangera... she wouldnt remember the first time around....

Im not saying she was stolen. Im believing that less and less but u cant get away with "buying" children for ur own gain.. she deserves better

It was staged. I saw a news bulletin this evening, here in the UK (on ITV3, I think) which showed video footage of Roma women taking items into the house for that room. The newsreader stated that the room had been mostly bare before it was decorated for the cameras and didn't even have a working light bulb.

Just skimming, but if the parents were receiving ~$3400 a month in aid, how are they considered so poor? I thought I read the prefab homes were provided by the government, too. Granted, it's not a TON of money, but the need to send out children to beg, etc. doesn't seem warranted. Or am I missing something huge?

I find this amount highly unlikely. Just saying, as a resident of Europe.

I was thinking it looked pretty staged. Everything neat and straight...not your typical 4 year-olds bedroom and I don't care what nationality they are...they're 4. :wink:

That sort of stinks

I know right? What were/are they hiding?

No 4 yr olds room is that neat. Im forever tidying mines and it's like I blink and poof everything everywhere again

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No 4 yr olds room is that neat. Im forever tidying mines and it's like I blink and poof everything everywhere again

It appears they were hiding more of what wasn't there. I think if you look closely at the shoes they are different sizes also.

BBM.

That they're abducting children to use for state assistance and then neglecting them physically and psychologically? IMO, somewhat similar to some of the foster children abuse cases that we often see in the U.S.

It appears they were hiding more of what wasn't there. I think if you look closely at the shoes they are different sizes also.

Exactly! They were trying to paint a picture of this couple as the perfect loving parents, who loved Maria and were great parents to her.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162...fear-backlash-after-blond-girl-found-in-camp/

"Many Gypsies are wary of media attention and resentful of what they say is neglect by the state. The only thing authorities have provided, they say, is the prefab houses that replaced the tents they were living in eight years ago.

What the local Roma seem keen to convey is that their community is not involved in either child abductions or trafficking.

But regional police chief Lt. Gen. Vassilis Halatsis said authorities have found "dozens" of child trafficking cases involving Bulgarian Roma in Greece.

"We know these cases exist, but they involve Bulgarians, not Greeks like us. There are no transactions involving children here," Dimitriou insists, adding that the 40-year-old woman, who had registered Maria as her own child, "cared for her even better than for her own children."

Exactly! They were trying to paint a picture of this couple as the perfect loving parents, who loved Maria and were great parents to her.

All one has to do is look at that poor girl's eyes to know the truth. She has the dead eye look of a severely neglected and/or abused child.

Just a few thoughts. I am far from convinced that the video of the younger child is the same child who's identity is in question. I do not see much of a resembalance. This little girl has known only these people as her parents. As horrible as it is to think they got her in an unlawful manner I think it is important to recognize that there aquision of this child may not be the criminal act we imagine. Culturaly it may be that getting children by simply agreeing to take a destitute teens baby or drug addicted homeless persons baby is not that uncommon. I think they need to evaluate the care this child received with these parents and if it is not unacceptable and the means in which this child came to be with these parents was consensual from the birth parents it maybe in the child's best interest to reunite her with these folks. As the trauma of a small child being ripped away from the only parents she has known is atrocious. Lots to consider.

BBM.

That they're abducting children to use for state assistance and then neglecting them physically and psychologically? IMO, somewhat similar to some of the foster children abuse cases that we often see in the U.S.

Well m that yes but I mean that was already out for the world to know about by then

Even if this poor baby wasn't abducted no way she should ever be given back to these people

Her face immediately made me think of Lisa Irwin's mother for some reason. I have not searched to find a picture of her to compare, because in reading through this thread, I no longer think that is a possibility. She is a beautiful child and I am glad she has at least been taken out of that camp. I could not picture what Lisa looked like, but thought this child looked like pictures or videos we have seen of her mom.

Just a few thoughts. I am far from convinced that the video of the younger child is the same child who's identity is in question. I do not see much of a resembalance. This little girl has known only these people as her parents. As horrible as it is to think they got her in an unlawful manner I think it is important to recognize that there aquision of this child may not be the criminal act we imagine. Culturaly it may be that getting children by simply agreeing to take a destitute teens baby or drug addicted homeless persons baby is not that uncommon. I think they need to evaluate the care this child received with these parents and if it is not unacceptable and the means in which this child came to be with these parents was consensual from the birth parents it maybe in the child's best interest to reunite her with these folks. As the trauma of a small child being ripped away from the only parents she has known is atrocious. Lots to consider.

This child doesn't belong to these people. She isn't biologically related to them and was not legally adopted.
For somebody to suggest she should be returned to them simply boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member