Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is rude and insensitive. When I was a young child I was out with my mom and my sister. My sister has red hair and green eyes and I have dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. We are two years apart. I look like my mom's family and my sister takes after our dad. Well this women who my mom knew slightly comes up to her looks at us and asks my mom which one is adopted! My Mom stares and then says it was the milkman and takes us and we walk away, lol. I had no idea at the time what she meant but years later we had a good laugh, lol.

Lol, we are in the same situation. My brother and I are both redheads, green eyed and have the typical red head skin, fair and freckley. My other brother, born 5 years after my other brother has dark brown hair, fair skin but much darker than ours and he tans, hes also got dark brown eyes. We always got jokes about the milkman, which was actually funny because we lived on a dairy farm when my brother was born. My husband and I have been married for nearly 12 years, it was only 5 years ago that my husband mentioned my brother and I having different fathers. LOL, he had always assumed but never bought it up because we never did:floorlaugh: both of my parents have dark hair but they both have siblings with red hair.

My kids looking nothing like me- they are born with black hair, it goes blonde around 6 months, goes light brown after two and by 5 it's black again. People joke about them not being mine but I just offer to show them my video proof. So far no one has taken me up on it.

No, this is not right. We can't just have people turning their children over to gypsies whatever the circumstances. What if the mother was getting even with the child's father. We have to know everything about all these children, where they came from, who there real parent's are, how they were living. The gypsies do not follow the law of any land. That doesn't mean we don't. We can not allow this to continue. Even though it's their culture, they can not in all ways live off the grid. Sorry.

What are you suggesting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

17 kg is 37.4 lbs
100 cm is 3.2XX feet (39 inches)

If "Maria" is 5 or 6, she is very very small. Those measurements are more like the average 4 year old.

Have any other measurements been released for this child? I have a hard time believing that they now think she is 5 or 6 but only 100 cm (3 ft 3 in) and 17 kg (37 lbs). My daughter is 4 (5 in January) and 45" and about 52 lbs. She is a little tall compared to the other kids in her class, but not terribly so. There are some other girls about her size as well. These measurements seem really small for a 5-6 year old in "good health"

A side note, my daughter is blonde haired and blue eyed, We went to Athens when she was a baby and could not walk down the street without being surrounded by people wanting to touch her. It was incredibly unsettling. Prior to that trip I always doubted the McCann's assertion that someone would steal their child for her looks. Afterward, I can totally see it being a real concern. (not saying that's what happened to Madeleine!)

Her height and weight seem proportionate. At my daughters 6 1/2 year check up she was 45 inches tall and 42lbs. I believe she is around the 25th percentile.

Also my niece is 38lbs and about 41inches. She will be 6 in January.

Hollye

Lol, we are in the same situation. My brother and I are both redheads, green eyed and have the typical red head skin, fair and freckley. My other brother, born 5 years after my other brother has dark brown hair, fair skin but much darker than ours and he tans, hes also got dark brown eyes. We always got jokes about the milkman, which was actually funny because we lived on a dairy farm when my brother was born. My husband and I have been married for nearly 12 years, it was only 5 years ago that my husband mentioned my brother and I having different fathers. LOL, he had always assumed but never bought it up because we never did:floorlaugh: both of my parents have dark hair but they both have siblings with red hair.

My kids looking nothing like me- they are born with black hair, it goes blonde around 6 months, goes light brown after two and by 5 it's black again. People joke about them not being mine but I just offer to show them my video proof. So far no one has taken me up on it.

I agree. I am tall, blonde, pale, straight haired and slender (used to be more slender.....hey, I like Halloween candy)....and my DD is also tall, but much broader build, with olive skin and gorgeous thick, brown, curly hair. We do both have blue eyes, though.

No one ever thinks we are blood related and yet I grew her under my heart. Why would anyone have the right to detain her until I PROVE she is my child?

17 kg is 37.4 lbs

If "Maria" is 5 or 6, she is very very small. Those measurements are more like the average 4 year old.

My 5 1/2 year old son is 40lbs and 43" and he's not the shortest in his class.

When it comes to the safety of children, I'm okay with offending someone.

I'm a Hispanic woman with a son who has almost white hair and blue eyes. I'm not kidding, when he was born my doc said "It's a....blonde?" All he got from me are my big lips and feet. People ask if he's mine all the time. I don't care, I think we contrast beautifully.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My parents had medium skin coloring, black/brown and dark brown/hazel. My dad use to take me with him to get Mexican food when I was young. He would set me in a chair to await takeout, tell me not to move and enter a door off to left. One night I got out of chair and went thru the door. It was a bar attached to eatery and once I walked in Spanish chatter about the curly blonde hair fair skinned child whipped my dad's head around and quickly off his bar stool. He never took me with him after that-didn't want his cover blown, I guess. I was born with black hair and it did get darker as I got older. I have one cousin with black hair and striking blue eyes.

17 kg is 37.4 lbs

My just turned 4yr old Is 40in and 41lbs. So IF Maria is 6, she's on the very small side. I also know people with 4yr olds hardly breaking 30 lbs so it's possible.

Cami 8.3.09 Baby Due 2.6.14

I think her hair was definitely dyed darker when she was younger--unless her eyebrows were bleached as well. And, like pieper said, the roots would show VERY quickly.

picture.php

Well, I had dark blonde hair and invisible brows. and my brows have always been invisible......my hair wasn't dyed darker.. I am 4 in this picture.

picture.php

Well, I had dark blonde hair and invisible brows. and my brows have always been invisible......my hair wasn't dyed darker.. I am 4 in this picture.

Oh my gosh! You were adorable! I love raccoons!!!!

picture.php

Oh, I think it's definitely possible to have darker blonde hair and invisible brows (i wish i could see the picture!), I just don't think it's terribly likely that they dyed her hair lighter blonde (vs darker) based on the eyebrows, combined with the fact that she'd have roots showing VERY quickly. Makes more sense that they'd have dyed it dark.

Here's a height/weight chart: http://www.md-health.com/Weight-Chart-For-Kids.html
For a 5 y/o female, normal height range is 39.5-45.5 inches and normal weight range is 32.5-52.0 lbs. For a 6 y/o, the ranges are 42.0-48.5 inches and 36.0-59.0 lbs. This is a US-based source.

If she is five, she is at the very bottom of the height chart. Assuming her height was correctly reported.

Oh my gosh! You were adorable! I love raccoons!!!!

Awww, thanks. His name was Roscoe. We always had critters in our care. My dad wanted to be a vet but became a dad before he could go to grad school. My brother is a vet now. Yep. Critter central. It was cool.

Back on topic......

I had darkish blonde hair and my brows were white....can't see 'em. I just think this little one is more than her coloring.

I myself am of Irish, Scottish, Welsh, French and Ashkenazi Jewish heritage.

So go figure. I mean I know there are forensic sciences that can isolate structure and features to specific genetic groups. A dentist I once had specialized in such and on my first visit, despite my Austrian/Jewish surname said my facial structure was Anglo-Scots, but more Scots than anything. And I have always more resembled portraits of my Scots ancestors than any others......but wow! How could that guy KNOW that, especially given my name at the time? So I agree there are some attributes that are assigned to our specific genetic groups.

But this isn't foolproof.

Sorry for the ramble, but I have always been mistaken for something other than what I am......because of coloring.....weird, huh?

If she is five, she is at the very bottom of the height chart. Assuming her height was correctly reported.
Remember, these are US charts. It's likely there are substantial variances elsewhere in the world.

The whole gypsy lumping has really got my panties in a bunch too! My grandmother had me terrified of gypsies as a little girl .., she was always telling me to be careful, hold her hand, don't wander off because I would be stolen by gypsies. I was terrified and brainwashed! Up until I became friends with some and learned they were just people.
OMG! Me Too!! My grams had me thinking gypsies were a cross between pirates and the boogy man. How funny... :)

17 kg is 37.4 lbs

My 4 yo is 35 lbs, 37" - she's on the small side. Not due to poor nutrition or anything, she was just graced with short genes. Takes after her mama. :)

And as for the parents and kids not looking alike - my sister is a red head, both of my parents and myself are brunette. I always teased her that she was the daughter of the Tidy Tots diaper man (who happened to be a redhead). She looks too much like my dad though.

My oldest daughter has crazy, beautiful, CURLY red hair and deep blue eyes. 4 yo and never had a cut, looks like Little Orphan Annie. My year old is a mini-me: straight brown hair, brown eyes. Guaranteed same daddy. I actually had a lady approach me in the grocery store and ask if they're both mine... :waitasec:

I have 5 kids. The youngest was very light skinned, toe head blond with "invisible" eyebrows. I am part Cherokee Indian with dark skin, black hair & blue/green/turquoise eyes. He took after his paternal grandmother. (his dad had medium brown hair, so it wasn't too much of a stretch for him). BUT, this little blond haired, blue eyed girl is obviously NOT out of the "parents" pictured. No way. No how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3