Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 daughters. They pass for triplets (two are twins) they look so incredibly similar. None have my hair, which is insanely curly and thick (salons hate to see me coming for a trim). They do have my toes and nose, otherwise they completely favor their father right down to skin tone, dark eyes, and thin, dead-straight hair.
I am asked often if they are triplets, but never asked if they were really mine. I guess I just had "I'm the Mom" written all over me.

People used to make jokes about my kids not being mine all the time...I have brown eyes, they all have bright blue eyes (my husband has green eyes).

It never bothered me, I used to make jokes about the mailman. I don't know why people have to get so intense about everything. Sometimes people are just trying to be friendly and make conversation, not insult your entire family. My niece and nephew are 1/2 Asian, but look full Asian really, and no one says ANYTHING when they're with me. Of course, we're either in San Francisco or Hawai'i (where they live) when we're together, so hapa kids are more normal than not in both regions. lol

When me and my sister were infants, we looked exactly like my aunt. When I look at the photos now the resemblance is uncanny. She got mistaken for our mother all the time, and had to tell people "They're my nieces" every time someone told her "You look good for having had twins."

Have any other measurements been released for this child? I have a hard time believing that they now think she is 5 or 6 but only 100 cm (3 ft 3 in) and 17 kg (37 lbs). My daughter is 4 (5 in January) and 45" and about 52 lbs. She is a little tall compared to the other kids in her class, but not terribly so. There are some other girls about her size as well. These measurements seem really small for a 5-6 year old in "good health"

A side note, my daughter is blonde haired and blue eyed, We went to Athens when she was a baby and could not walk down the street without being surrounded by people wanting to touch her. It was incredibly unsettling. Prior to that trip I always doubted the McCann's assertion that someone would steal their child for her looks. Afterward, I can totally see it being a real concern. (not saying that's what happened to Madeleine!)

The weight seems realistic to me, but the height seems short. My youngest will be 7 in January and is 46" tall and 48 lbs. My middle child will be 10 in December and is 65 lbs. He is also tall. There can be a wide variation. I know a little girl who is already 7 and is teeny tiny. Probably around 30-35 pounds (if that!) and super short. Her mom is tiny too though, under 5' and under 100 lbs.

Also, with the teeth thing, my oldest lost 5 teeth by the age of 5. He is off the charts tall. (At 11, he is 5' 3.5" and 110 pounds). People have always thought he was older, especially when he started losing teeth!

And, we are a family of 5 ~ my husband has black hair, dark brown eyes, I have brown with red highlights (natural and enhanced) and green/gold eyes. We have one child with dark brown hair and dark eyes, one with dark blond hair and green eyes and one extremely blond (almost white in the summer) with blue/gray eyes. Genetics can be funny!

I hope this little girl can be placed in a safe environment where whatever healing needs to happen, can happen. My heart breaks for her.

http://www.miaminewsday.com/nationa...r-cash-5-000-calls-from-around-the-world.html

I'm thinking she wasn't kidnapped for trafficking purposes. They've had her for a very long time.

I don't understand why it's been reported she was living in filth and squalor. It's been also reported she was filthy. IMO she looked like she started out clean and ended up dirty from playing outside. Her room was clean and neat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

http://www.miaminewsday.com/nationa...r-cash-5-000-calls-from-around-the-world.html

I'm thinking she wasn't kidnapped for trafficking purposes. They've had her for a very long time.

I don't understand why it's been reported she was living in filth and squalor. It's been also reported she was filthy. IMO she looked like she started out clean and ended up dirty from playing outside. Her room was clean and neat.

Apparently it's been reported that the room shown was staged and likely not actually a true representation of the home. She had head lice, as reported, so perhaps that was one basis for the term 'squalor.' I do think the photos of the encampment look less than lovely, but I wouldn't consider them horrific personally.

Apparently it's been reported that the room shown was staged and likely not actually a true representation of the home. She had head lice, as reported, so perhaps that was one basis for the term 'squalor.' I do think the photos of the encampment look less than lovely, but I wouldn't consider them horrific personally.

Even head lice.... the $1000. A week day camp my son went to every summer and worked at this past summer... Every year someone gets sent home for lice.

Oh... And no, I didn't shell out $1000 a week. I ran their horseback riding program in exchange for his going.

In case anyone has any doubt about whether Maria is Lisa Irwin, here is very solid proof that they are not:

Eyes might change color somewhat during life, but the lines within the irides do not. Comparing their eyes, it is not even close, either in color or in the lines.

MariaandLisaIrwinEyesComparison.jpg

This story linked (upthread) also states she is 4. Where did we get the 5-6 years old from? Does anybody have a link?

This story linked (upthread) also states she is 4. Where did we get the 5-6 years old from? Does anybody have a link?

5-6 years is the new estimate based on her dental examination.

This couple released a video of "Maria" dancing around when she was a year old. I finally found it without the faces blurred. I was able to freeze frame it and screenshot it.

ScreenShot2013-10-22at74303PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Same story says the video that this photo was taken from was filmed 2 years ago. **I assume a "dummy" is a pacifier??

The family claims, in this story, that she is 4 also.

5-6 years is the new estimate based on her dental examination.

Yes, I know, but where is it reported? Did MSM run a story with that information?

It's just everything I've found the last 2 days says she is 4, but I know, originally, I read 5-6.

Yes, I know, but where is it reported? Did MSM run a story with that information?

It's just everything I've found the last 2 days says she is 4, but I know, originally, I read 5-6.

Yes, it's reported in msm.
"Maria, believed to be between 5 and 6 years old following a dental examination, is currently in the care of the charity The Smile of The Child and is being held at an undisclosed Greek hospital, officials said."
http://abcnews.go.com/International...a-matches-interpol-database/story?id=20650211

In case anyone has any doubt about whether Maria is Lisa Irwin, here is very solid proof that they are not:

Eyes might change color somewhat during life, but the lines within the irides do not. Comparing their eyes, it is not even close, either in color or in the lines.

MariaandLisaIrwinEyesComparison.jpg

Boom!
Science!!
This is very interesting and I appreciate you sharing this.

Yes, it's reported in msm.
"Maria, believed to be between 5 and 6 years old following a dental examination, is currently in the care of the charity The Smile of The Child and is being held at an undisclosed Greek hospital, officials said."
http://abcnews.go.com/International...a-matches-interpol-database/story?id=20650211

So.... They just took her from the only family she has ever known? Where are the other children?

So.... They just took her from the only family she has ever known? Where are the other children?

What other children? The 14 this woman registered? If you ask me, most of them likely never existed. And I personally have no doubt she is much better off even if it means she had to be taken from these people.
Do you think begging on the streets is an appropriate life for a child?

What other children? The 14 this woman registered? If you ask me, most of them likely never existed. And I personally have no doubt she is much better off even if it means she had to be taken from these people.
Do you think begging on the streets is an appropriate life for a child?

If she's loved, fed etc... I can think of far worse situations all over the world.

Do you only find it offensive for blonde children or all children? So what exactly is the minimum standard? What do you suggest is done with them all? Do you believe all gypsy children should be removed?

I just watched morning news here in Norway and they showed an interview with the leader of the charity Maria is with.

The leader said they had gotten 200.000 tips and that there's no way they are able to categorize and keep track of them all.

Well, in that case I suggest taking fewer calls and registering all tips or simply forwarding the phone number to the police.

Quality before quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member