Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Give Me A Break.

Personally, I don't care about the Roma community. Sorry, but I care about the children. The adults who barter and/or sell them can got take a flying leap … and hopefully land in jail. It is unbelievable to me that some folks have made this story out to be about discrimination of the Roma culture when it's really a case of the buying/bartering of children which IMO is a human rights issue and an atrocity which pretty much any human rights organization will condemn. Children's rights isn't an ethnocentric idea, it's a global idea.

bbm, Thank you. I could care less as well. I can not imagine leaving my town,city and on the outskirts was a settlement of people that look like they could care less about themselves. They look like they rolled out of a dumpster, sorry if that offends but that's what I see anyway. I hope this little girl is placed in a clean loving family that dos not require dancing to get a meal or new shoes. jmo

Sorry, you can not disengage cultural, social, educational and various other parameters from the equation if you want to care about children. It is like a patient waking into a new doctors office and not providing a history, a dangerous practice that leeds to bad outcomes. IMO.

mjak

But child slavery and trafficking is not limited to any one culture. That's why it's a global issue and not an isolated cultural issue. The focus on this case, as in any other case of an abandoned or trafficked child, should be on the child. M**** is the victim here, not the people who bought or sold her, or acquired her through illegal means.

This case has prompted a question for me: when a child goes missing, is her/his DNA placed in some sort of international database for identification around the world? Or am I just too Gattaca?

This case has prompted a question for me: when a child goes missing, is her/his DNA placed in some sort of international database for identification around the world? Or am I just too Gattaca?

It seems that very few are. 600 missing persons of all ages worldwide listed with Interpol sounds like just the tip of the iceberg to me.

Interpol has more than 600 missing persons listed in its online database, CNN notes, of which 32 are between 5 and 6 years old. Ten of those cases of missing children in the United States, Canada, Poland and France are being "taken very seriously" in relation to the Maria investigation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/greek-gypsy-girl-interpol_n_4149035.html

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/new...t.panellinkpos=1&DCSext.panellink=Latest+News

" The police agency has said it will make its international DNA database available to any one of its 190 member countries which have been given the profile of someone claiming to be a blood relative of the child, believed to be about five or six years old.

Member countries are also being urged to check Maria's DNA profile against their own DNA files as Greek authorities investigate whether the girl may have been abducted.

Countries that do not have a national DNA database are being encouraged to add their own DNA records to Interpol's records".

I'm not sure if this has been posted. I saw it as a possibility, but apparently DNA has come back. I'll just post this so as to not leave loose ends even if it has been posted.

The 'Scandinavian-origin' Greek couple
A couple from Thessaloniki have gone to the police and said that Maria could be their daughter, after their child was reported to have died at birth. The couple claim that they exhumed the coffin and found the body was missing.
"We suspected that our child had fallen victim to traffickers, and was not dead as initially we had been told," the father told Greece's Antenna Television. He had never seen her body, he said.
"And since then we have been looking for our child," he said. Greek media claimed the family had "Scandinavian relatives" – although it later transpired that the mother was of Ukranian origin.
Their child was born in 2009 – making her the same age as Maria. The father said there were many common features and characteristics with their family and Maria. A son, born since they lost their daughter, has the same coloured eyes.
However, The Times reported on Monday that the DNA tests had proved the child was not theirs.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-so-far-on-girl-found-at-Greek-Roma-camp.html

I *think* not 100% sure the dna database for children is held by interpol which then gives qll countries access to that dna when required through interpol

I *think* not 100% sure the dna database for children is held by interpol which then gives qll countries access to that dna when required through interpol

It seems that very few are. 600 missing persons of all ages worldwide listed with Interpol sounds like just the tip of the iceberg to me.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/23/greek-gypsy-girl-interpol_n_4149035.html

Darn, you would think with all the problems surrounding human trafficking, the DNA database would be much larger than this.

If the NSA would use all their spying techniques on missing children we wouldn't have any.

That's interesting and really weird, I thought they'd said that DNA proved them NOT to be the biological parents? And if they are her biological parents then why are they claiming not to be? I mean I get the multiple stories aspect because of how maligned they are as a people, especially by LE, and wanting to stay out of trouble or simply lying as second nature, but if she was their child, biologically, why wouldn't they instead cooperate so that they didn't have to go through all of this or lie at all? None of this makes sense.

ETA: Never mind. Everyone else is fast, I am slow! :floorlaugh:

That's interesting and really weird, I thought they'd said that DNA proved them NOT to be the biological parents? And if they are her biological parents then why are they claiming not to be? I mean I get the multiple stories aspect because of how maligned they are as a people, especially by LE, and wanting to stay out of trouble or simply lying as second nature, but if she was their child, biologically, why wouldn't they instead cooperate so that they didn't have to go through all of this or lie at all? None of this makes sense.

ETA: Never mind. Everyone else is fast, I am slow! :floorlaugh:

Thats the 7 year old not maria..
They couldnt produce papers so did a dna

Maria had no papers and dna didnt match

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Interesting article on another 3 people arrested for suspected child abduction in Greece. They told the police an unknown Roma woman gave them the two and half month old baby in Athens. Is there anyway of searching for a 2 1/2 month old missing in Greece as this is recent.

And the witch hunts begin !

Apparently, they are going into Roma compounds and removing children that appear white. This is not okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/10/23/greece-roma-child-abduction/3170889/
bbm

"Police on the Aegean Sea island said the suspects allegedly tried to register the 21/2-month-old boy as their own, but raised suspicions because they lacked sufficient documentation.

Regional police chief Panagiotis Kordonouris told The Associated Press the 19-year-old woman, her 21-year-old male companion and his 51-year-old mother were arrested a Roma settlement outside the island capital of Mytilini.

Kordonouris told the AP they claimed an unknown Roma woman gave them the baby in Athens.

"They told us they didn't give her any money, and that they met by accident. She told her that she had five children; they said that they are unable to have their own and asked if she could give her one," Kordonouris said"

Just realized what bothered me about this news bit, why on earth would someone 19 years old and ( male companion 21) be so quick to decide that "they are unable to have their own " (children)? If it was for the mother, why at 51 ?

Sorry I did not read the whole article but are the people who got stopped also Roma? Or are they just saying a Roma person gave them the baby?

Sorry I did not read the whole article but are the people who got stopped also Roma? Or are they just saying a Roma person gave them the baby?

From link above..
bbm
"Three Greek Gypsies were arrested on the island of Lesvos Wednesday on suspicion of child abduction, days after a similar case involving a girl known as "Maria" prompted an international investigation"

Oh Give Me A Break.

Personally, I don't care about the Roma community. Sorry, but I care about the children. The adults who barter and/or sell them can go take a flying leap … and hopefully land in jail. It is unbelievable to me that some folks have made this story out to be about discrimination of the Roma culture when it's really a case of the buying/bartering of children which IMO is a human rights issue and an atrocity which pretty much any human rights organization will condemn. Children's rights isn't an ethnocentric idea, it's a global idea.

I still have seen zero evidence that this little girl was bought or bartered.

Someone explain to me how is it that this family isn't rolling in dough with all that illegally gotten welfare money. Where does it all go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member