Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's incredibly sad the kid doesn't like the food she's being fed, doesn't speak greek, can't effectively communicate.

It's abusive and traumatic to be ripped away from the only family she's ever known, the language she speaks, the food she's accustomed to...
Breaks my heart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Did they say somewhere she didn't like the food she was being fed? My heart broke that first day when they said that she cried herself to sleep.

Children are very resilient. In no time, she could be speaking Greek, liking the food, and communicating up a storm.

True enough, but in the meantime what she has been going through the last week is probably way more traumatic to her than any part of the life she had lived up until then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seva-believed-Marias-mother-wants-Greece.html
His brother said Mr Rusev has been ‘out of his mind’ since he first saw a picture of Maria on Bulgarian television two days ago and has barely stopped drinking since. The family survive on child benefit payments of £40 a month from the Bulgarian state and live on potato soup and homemade bread.
Mrs Ruseva said: ‘Look at us, look at the place we live. We don’t have anything. We have only one bed. Three of the children sleep in it. The rest of us have to lie on the floor.
‘I don’t know how to pay for their clothes. That is why I send them to school dirty and without shoes or clothes. Look at me. Look at how dirty I am.’

Dad is able to get booze when they dont have food. I agree with those that think Maria would be better off with the family she thinks is hers.

I think it's incredibly sad the kid doesn't like the food she's being fed, doesn't speak greek, can't effectively communicate.

It's abusive and traumatic to be ripped away from the only family she's ever known, the language she speaks, the food she's accustomed to...
Breaks my heart!

Yes, my heart broke for the 7 year old and the 2 year old in Ireland who had to spend a night or two away from their parents. I can only imagine how hysterical my seven year old daughter would be if she was taken from me. It's killing me. It would be bad enough if they could talk to her, but they can't even speak her language. They are trying to sign to Maria. I told my daughter what happened to Maria. The police came and took her away and said, "these people aren't your parents. You have to come with us." My daughter burst into tears simpy hearing the story. No wonder Maria looks so haunted in the photos. She's terrified and heartbroken.

The whole thing makes me sick.

If anyone kidnapped her, it was the authorities.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seva-believed-Marias-mother-wants-Greece.html
His brother said Mr Rusev has been ‘out of his mind’ since he first saw a picture of Maria on Bulgarian television two days ago and has barely stopped drinking since. The family survive on child benefit payments of £40 a month from the Bulgarian state and live on potato soup and homemade bread.
Mrs Ruseva said: ‘Look at us, look at the place we live. We don’t have anything. We have only one bed. Three of the children sleep in it. The rest of us have to lie on the floor.
‘I don’t know how to pay for their clothes. That is why I send them to school dirty and without shoes or clothes. Look at me. Look at how dirty I am.’

Dad is able to get booze when they dont have food. I agree with those that think Maria would be better off with the family she thinks is hers.

I saw that quote earlier. I just have to remain cautious about believing everything the Daily Mail prints/posts.

I really would take all of that with a grain of salt. The Roma are so discriminated against, and the daily mail is such a sensationalist rag. I'm not going to take it very seriously. They are poor people, and I'm sure they aren't saints, but the daily mail sells ads by writing interesting stories.

It is sad and feels like these people are being exploited. I feel so bad for that oldest daughter.

I really would take all of that with a grain of salt. The Roma are so discriminated against, and the daily mail is such a sensationalist rag. I'm not going to take it very seriously. They are poor people, and I'm sure they aren't saints, but the daily mail sells ads by writing interesting stories.

Daily mail might not be known for its accuracy, but they got very good photos.

Did they say somewhere she didn't like the food she was being fed? My heart broke that first day when they said that she cried herself to sleep.

Yeah, it's in one of the earlier reports.

Yes, my heart broke for the 7 year old and the 2 year old in Ireland who had to spend a night or two away from their parents. I can only imagine how hysterical my seven year old daughter would be if she was taken from me. It's killing me. It would be bad enough if they could talk to her, but they can't even speak her language. They are trying to sign to Maria. I told my daughter what happened to Maria. The police came and took her away and said, "these people aren't your parents. You have to come with us." My daughter burst into tears simpy hearing the story. No wonder Maria looks so haunted in the photos. She's terrified and heartbroken.

The whole thing makes me sick.

If anyone kidnapped her, it was the authorities.

"If anyone kidnapped her, it was the authorities."

Ya nailed it!!!

If the following is true then I don't see how the "adoptive" parents are going to be able to keep custody of Maria. It would be difficult to do so when in jail.

"Documents found in the couple’s possession suggested that Ms. Dimolpoulou had given birth to 6 of the 14 children within a 10-month period, the police official said, adding that Ms. Dimolpoulou also had two police identity cards with different details and that Mr. Salis had been arrested over armed robbery in the past."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/w...ordered-jailed-by-greek-authorities.html?_r=0

Then again it appears that her "biological" parents can't afford to raise her either since they gave her away and never returned to bring her home.

MOO

This concerns me as well.

"Mrs Ruseva attempted to register the infant girl with authorities 10 days after she gave birth in a public hospital, claiming that she was unmarried and could not name the father.

However, authorities became suspicious because she presented identity documents that showed she was married and had two previous children with her husband
."

Why on earth would she not want to name the father and lie about being married? So many odd things with this case that don't make sense. Unfortunately I am beginning to believe that ALL of the children from both families need to be removed and placed in a home/homes where they will be well taken care of.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...e-family-of-Maria-been-found-in-Bulgaria.html

Well, in US a woman might lie about not knowing who the father is in order to get Welfare payments. Not sure if the same goes for Greece.

They could put Maria with a grandma or aunt with no financial help like they love to do here. ( sarcasm)

BBM

Human Trafficking is NOT just something that is seen as unsavory in OUR culture and yet perfectly acceptable in another! Below is just one of MANY links that show that the United Nations and most countries internationally have a great concern with such behavior. Exterminating the Jewish people was a "cultural norm" for the Nazis.....the genocide in Darfur, Somalia, Sudan is a "cultural norm" within their societies. Human rights transcend individual cultures.

http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2013/ga11367.doc.htm

JMO of course

Apples to oranges.

I'm willing to bet the practice of adoption by barter has been going on for centuries. Yes, there are very bad people who do this with very bad intentions, but at the same time, there are so many others who are driven to do so for other reasons. Some selfish, some selfless, but as a whole, I think the vast majority do it without ill intent. Really, when you break it down, the only thing that makes it different is the absence of a third party to officiate. Adoption is big business.

The Nazi party didn't practice genocide for centuries. In fact, that stint was rather short lived, even though white supremacy continues to go on today.

Perhaps her husband was not the father? Who knows. The secrecy and half-truths are brain numbing.

I should have said *The white supremacy movement*, because I don't think there's anything supreme about being white. Sorry for the ambiguity.

If they can do it in rural Africa I'm pretty sure they can do it in Europe.

It's not uncommon for Roma to be Catholic. Conventional birth control may not be an option.

This concerns me as well.

"Mrs Ruseva attempted to register the infant girl with authorities 10 days after she gave birth in a public hospital, claiming that she was unmarried and could not name the father.

However, authorities became suspicious because she presented identity documents that showed she was married and had two previous children with her husband
."

Why on earth would she not want to name the father and lie about being married? So many odd things with this case that don't make sense. Unfortunately I am beginning to believe that ALL of the children from both families need to be removed and placed in a home/homes where they will be well taken care of.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...e-family-of-Maria-been-found-in-Bulgaria.html

because the benefits are better when you're single? I don't blame her.They are poor.I don't think it's shocking either that the man drinks.A lot of poor people drink.I don't blame them.They make bread out of potatoes ,they can make alcohol out of it as well.A lot of poor people also do a lot of things "illegally" when it comes to bureaucracy,paperwork etc....I don't blame them either.If she sold her baby because she couldn't afford to take care of her I don't blame her.I'm sure the Roma's did not buy her solely for begging purposes.They seemed to have cared for her.Just because people are poor doesn't mean they are abusive.We can't use the same guidelines we use for middle class western kids.There are billions of kids growing up in poverty,are we going to check each one and see if the parents DNA match?...and then take them away??? These parents are doing the best they can and as long as there is no proof of abuse we should leave them alone .....why is no one making a big deal about the dark haired children that may not be theirs?
This case makes me sick because it's so full of prejudice and stereo typing.

If they're eating potato soup they obviously have access to potatoes. Potatoes make vodka which means that what he is drinking may almost be free.

I can distill spirits using sugar, water and yeast. I hadn't tried using potatoes until we had a group of marines posted here, they loved my rum and we swapped recipes after they told me how easy and cheap it was to use potatoes.

Here we can buy a still cheaply, but the marines explained to me how to make one out of scrap metal. Actually you can make spirits up to 20% without even using a still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3