Greta - August 20, 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that Tony could explain a lot just by saying what Casey's story was as to why she no longer had a car. Maybe she told him it had been repo'd?

I'm trying to understand Casey's plan when she left "her" car in the Amscot parking lot with her purse inside - for days - until it was towed.

1. How did she not miss her purse for days?
Multiple purses - she told Jesse she'd left purses at Tony's.

2. Did she tell Tony she ran out of gas?
She said the car had broken down and that her dad was coming to retrieve it.

3. If there was gas in the car (and no mechanical problem) why abandon the car?
Good question. So it would be stolen, and support a kidnapping scenario?

4. Why no call to mom or dad (who now claim they spoke with her every day in the month she was living with Tony) who pay the car note?Casey may not have been talking to the parentals as often as Cindy claimed on the stand.

5. Why go through the trouble to park the car and wait for a ride home?
She didn't go home, she went back to Tony's.

6. What possible excuse could she have for why if the car just ran out of gas she didn't just get Tony to bring her some gas - or come back herself that same day to put gas in it?
She used the 'broken down' excuse with Tony.

7. If she didn't go back to get it - didn't Tony (or whoever) think it's odd that CA suddenly needs a ride everywhere when her car "only" ran out of gas?
It was 'broken'.

I haven't found the source myself, and my brain is tired tonight, but early on there was some info. that CA called Tony to pick her up at the parking lot, and told him her car wasn't working, AND that her Dad would come and get it. I agree she abandoned it to get rid of a smelly car and/or as part of some other plan that never had a chance to come to fruition, given the towing of the car, etc. There was a really lively thread one night about this a while back, with lots of theories, discussion of old Seinfeld episodes, you name it.

I think the car issue may have been the same as the nanny issue -- she couldn't figure out what to do or say and just didn't want to deal with it, thinking she'd come up with something later. She seems not to want to deal with things until she absolutely has to (e.g., taking the lie about working at Universal right down to leading LE to her "office" and then fessing up she didn't work there after all).

I'm not sure she had any sort of plan where the car is concerned but instead just didn't want to deal with it, so she didn't. If you don't think about, it doesn't exist and isn't a problem.

Guys, I am so sick and disgusted at this case. So much so that I am having crazy dreams/nightmares, etc.

Here's the HARD CORE TRUTH!!!! Screw the SIM card, Screw the Bounty Hunter (and none of us reallyy know his motives).......this child is most likely dead. Don't buy into the hype and confusion. And tonight when I put my son to bed, I thought about Caylee and how she's probably bones in a swamp somewhere...

Sorry for the graphical reference - but I'm fed up!!!!!!!!!! We as a group need to band together to absolve the media circus and....I don't even know what the next step would be - being that the more media and attention paid to that Casey - the more we loose! We have to STOP giving her notoriety.

I'm trying to understand Casey's plan when she left "her" car in the Amscot parking lot with her purse inside - for days - until it was towed.

4. Why no call to mom or dad (who now claim they spoke with her every day in the month she was living with Tony) who pay the car note?
6. What possible excuse could she have for why if the car just ran out of gas she didn't just get Tony to bring her some gas - or come back herself that same day to put gas in it?
7. If she didn't go back to get it - didn't Tony (or whoever) think it's odd that CA suddenly needs a ride everywhere when her car "only" ran out of gas?

The missing answers here lead me to believe there was a specific strategic purpose for abandoning her car where she did. She wanted that car to get lifted, or she was preparing to tell her parents it was stolen with Caylee in it - never thinking in her warped mind that she couldn't pull it off without keeping her friends in the dark to the truth.

I think the car was left at Amscot intentionally, with the hope it would be stolen.

1. How did she not miss her purse for days? Maybe she had bought a new one with her Mom's cc
2. Did she tell Tony she ran out of gas? IIRC She told Tony it had mechanical problems and she had called her dad to pick it up
3. If there was gas in the car (and no mechanical problem) why abandon the car? JMO to disassociate herself from it
4. Why no call to mom or dad (who now claim they spoke with her every day in the month she was living with Tony) who pay the car note? She didn't want mom or dad to pick up the stink-mobile

7. If she didn't go back to get it - didn't Tony (or whoever) think it's odd that CA suddenly needs a ride everywhere when her car "only" ran out of gas? There were only about two and half weeks between her leaving the car at amscot and July 15th when the story broke. She probably told him it was in the shop

respectfully snipped

Thats exactly the game. Hope LE can't get anything on her (so far it looks like they don't have enough on her to prosecute) and that she will just get a slap on the hand for neglect. Maybe 1 year and a fine that her parents will pay and some parole time. That sounds alot better to her than life in prison for manslaughter or murder. All she has to do is keep her mouth shut and she gets away with it. Seems no one is talking so how would they get anything else on her? I think she is going to walk except for a little time on neglect.

I think that she might eventually SAY something like that is very possible, but not that it is really true. The most she might give up is a way to find the body, some clue, but the finger will be pointing at someone else. I don't see how she can just sit in silence endlessly, never telling anyone who has Caylee and why, though. Not given what her family and Baez have said. What's the endgame? Go to trial on the current charges and never tell? It all makes my head spin.

Casey says she can't talk to her parents or Lee about Caylee's whereabouts because of LE. She is scared of LE. She can't help with the investigation until she is out. So here she is getting out,.. HOW MUCH YOU WANNA BET her next thing is,.. "I can't tell you where Caylee is with this person here." <---whoever is staying with the Anthony family from the bounty hunters crew. I can just see it! She isn't going to talk and this is going to be the reason now. Baiz even said, she can talk to her parents, Lee and himself. She is told not to talk to the bounty hunter,.. so HOW is she going to talk AT ALL if there is someone there 24/7??????? I so hope she doesn't get out!!! I hope that tomorrow either her psych evaluation denies her bail or there is enough evidence to convict her of something else! JMP

me, too. If she cant talk to the BH, whats the point? He needs info out of her, I thought she said she didnt trust LE but here she has a BH willing to help her and she cant talk to him to help find the people who supposedely have Caylee? SHEEEEZ.
Just when I thouht this case couldnt get any weirder, it has. And, where is the concern for Caylee and finding her:confused:
It seems once again t is all about Casey and protecting HER rights:furious:

Something I found interesting about Baez saying that Casey cannot speak to Padilla is, um, HELLO!, this guy FINDS PEOPLE FOR A LIVING!!! Why would you tell your client NOT TO SPEAK TO HIM if he could possibly find your daughter???!!!

Unless, of course, you think your client is going to say something that will incriminate her...

Who cares how Casey spends every hour of her day in jail? Really? Does anyone care what time the lights come on or how much time she gets to watch tv? I got a question: What's new in the search for Caylee Anthony? Have any new connections been made? Evidence found? Is anyone hammering the whole family for polygraph tests until they do it just to shut us up? That's what I care about.

This is turning into a joke.

I agree . . . the evidence was found at the beginning of the case . . . the dogs found it -- and many people SMELLED IT.

That's the evidence in this case unfortunately.

Something I found interesting about Baez saying that Casey cannot speak to Padilla is, um, HELLO!, this guy FINDS PEOPLE FOR A LIVING!!! Why would you tell your client NOT TO SPEAK TO HIM if he could possibly find your daughter???!!!

Unless, of course, you think your client is going to say something that will incriminate her...

Thats what I thought! This guy finds people for a living!

I agree . . . the evidence was found at the beginning of the case . . . the dogs found it -- and many people SMELLED IT.

That's the evidence in this case unfortunately.

I think this is what will find her GUILTY. too many people, including her own Mother smeled it. They said there is no other smell like it nd people neve forget. If they connect Casey to that car, which i think they will, her deal is sealed=lots of prison time.

Casey can still go against the advice of counsel and talk to the BH.

I think the car issue may have been the same as the nanny issue -- she couldn't figure out what to do or say and just didn't want to deal with it, thinking she'd come up with something later. She seems not to want to deal with things until she absolutely has to (e.g., taking the lie about working at Universal right down to leading LE to her "office" and then fessing up she didn't work there after all).

I'm not sure she had any sort of plan where the car is concerned but instead just didn't want to deal with it, so she didn't. If you don't think about, it doesn't exist and isn't a problem.

Yep, out of sight out of mind. She really seemed surprised that people were upset about her not reporting Caylee missing. She didn't seem to think this was looming at all.

Cindy said the purse was left in the car.

Hi Patty-
Yes, remember, Cindy, "lying is not a criminal offense" Anthony, said the purse was in the car.
There's a brilliant quote that goes along with that... let me try to find it.

Someone on either Greta or NG said clearly several days ago that her attorney would most likely forbid her to talk to the bounty hunter because what she says is not protected by attorney/client priviledge.

He's so stupid for thinking she would. Of course, there's always Casey being a classic narcissist and doing it anyway.

4. Why no call to mom or dad (who now claim they spoke with her every day in the month she was living with Tony) who pay the car note?

The missing answers here lead me to believe there was a specific strategic purpose for abandoning her car where she did. She wanted that car to get lifted, or she was preparing to tell her parents it was stolen with Caylee in it - never thinking in her warped mind that she couldn't pull it off without keeping her friends in the dark to the truth.

I'm not sure she plans or plots in advance. It seems to me her lies simply flow ie the job at universal studios with LE until finally she couldn't think of a lie out of it, thus her arrest. jmo

Hi Patty-
Yes, remember, Cindy, "lying is not a criminal offense" Anthony, said the purse was in the car.
There's a brilliant quote that goes along with that... let me try to find it.

Here it is- transcript from Larry King.
Cindy Anthony- she's talking about what LE thinks-
"They think she's smart enough to make up this person for the last two and a half years, but dumb enough to park a car where in plain sight that her mother would drive by twice a day and see and leave her purse in the front seat of the car and not drive it into some lake."

I've never been able to understand what this implies, especially the opinion of Cindy that Casey was so dumb she didn't drive her car into a lake instead of leaving it where her mother would see it everyday????
Any opinions?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back