Group Plans Memorial Walkway For Caylee

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the welcome. I have been to the sight that Caylee was found. I cannot see the county approving this project. IMO there are too many safety risks for the county to put thier seal of approval on. The parcel of land that has been for sale is less than 1/2 acres. Surrounded on one side by tall wooden fences and woods/swamp land and a road that is only used during school drop off and pick-up times. There is nothing else back there to draw traffic for the safety of those visiting the memorial. Cars do drive down Suburban to turn onto Hopespring, but from that intersection you can only see the front of the property, not the middle or back. If something were to happen and they were not able to get to the front of the property, there would be no help for them.
I think that is what first concerned me about the organization planning on the memorial. I would think that prevention of a crime or accident to a child would be thier number one goal. So why put a memorial in such an isolated spot? My next concern came because they have been so secretive about whoever started the project. Once the Anthony's showed up "unplanned?" in thier matching shirts and with balloons my concern of fraud went way off the charts. Something is just not right here in my opinion.

I visited the site when I was in Orlando a few months ago. Yes, it is in a secluded area and the only reason to drive past it is to go to the school. I really just do not understand the concept of the whole memorial. :confused:

As a poster mentioned upthread, I would rather that a memorial playground be built (possibly at the school).

We have a national missing children's memorial here -- it's beautiful and is in a well-traveled area and NOT where a child's remains were found!!!

http://www.hawkshawmemorial.org/about.htm

Their website and the planned memorial is quite different to what BKH is doing. Just saying!

Locals have to understand we are not as emotional about this park was they are, because they are there...we are not. That being said we can afford to be more objective. There are a lot of questions that have not been answered. Who will take care of the property after it's erected? Who will pay the taxes on the property? Who will own the property? Who will pay the maintenance on the property? Who's responsible for the insurance on the property. What will this cost the taxpayers? How will this venue help find missing children, stop the abuse of children? It's an isolated area in a residential community. Can the homeowner's association request the road be closed off to through traffic if traffic becomes a problem for the school and residents?

A lot of questions, no answers. No one capable of giving answers.....just promises, just stories and haven't we heard enough stories these past 3 years. So the negative comments are more of concerns for the people who live in that area not because we don't think something nice should be done for Caylee. Ask a child which they rather have a nice, new playscape at the school where all children could play and parents would have a place to park or a brickwalk.

Remember children don't need to be constantly reminded that something very tragic happened at this site. And which would be more useful for a child. Putting missing children's names on lights in an isolated area seems like an expensive way to get this information out to the masses when pictures of missing children on milk cartons, costing nothing. has been proven to be far more successful. In plain English, some of their proposals sound like "razzle-dazzle" instead of just plain old common sense.

People of Orange County do your due diligence. Ask those questions and demand your answers before you give them one dollar. It's your money and your right. jmo

Thank you. But what about the "My attorney will contact you" comments?

Btw, I can't even conceive of standing on (or near) the ground where my murdered grandchild was tossed like garbage. I simply don't understand where they got the courage. Or nerve, as the case may be.

link? I don't know what the "my attorney..." quotes are. Didn't see that.

P2: I can't either. I would have moved from that house a long time ago....that pool would be down too. They know that no matter how Caylee died, her dead body was in their grass.

Locals have to understand we are not as emotional about this park was they are, because they are there...we are not. That being said we can afford to be more objective. There are a lot of questions that have not been answered. Who will take care of the property after it's erected? Who will pay the taxes on the property? Who will own the property? Who will pay the maintenance on the property? Who's responsible for the insurance on the property. What will this cost the taxpayers? How will this venue help find missing children, stop the abuse of children? It's an isolated area in a residential community. Can the homeowner's association request the road be closed off to through traffic if traffic becomes a problem for the school and residents?

A lot of questions, no answers. No one capable of giving answers.....just promises, just stories and haven't we heard enough stories these past 3 years. So the negative comments are more of concerns for the people who live in that area not because we don't think something nice should be done for Caylee. Ask a child which they rather have a nice, new playscape at the school where all children could play and parents would have a place to park or a brickwalk.

Remember children don't need to be constantly reminded that something very tragic happened at this site. And which would be more useful for a child. Putting missing children's names on lights in an isolated area seems like an expensive way to get this information out to the masses when pictures of missing children on milk cartons, costing nothing. has been proven to be far more successful. In plain English, some of their proposals sound like "razzle-dazzle" instead of just plain old common sense.

People of Orange County do your due diligence. Ask those questions and demand your answers before you give them one dollar. It's your money and your right. jmo

Agree, however the way it is now, it is a horrific reminder! My only point is that people are going to go there, leave items in remembrance of Caylee (memorial or not) and I for one would much rather have a beautiful place where people can do that, then to have smelly swamp conditions with items left, along with trash, floating thru out the water.

Do we really know that Jefre is involved? He may not even be aware that these people are using pictures of his lovely memorials on their tacky website.
..he's quoted in this sentinel article---

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na..._caylees_birthday_1/srvc=home&position=recent

The Anthonys were later ushered to a display of Jefre’s designs for the planned memorial, which incorporates elements of A.A. Milne’s Winnie-the-Pooh books.

"It was the understanding that Caylee’s favorite character was Winnie-the-Pooh," Jefre said. "Inspiration for the design was found in the context of the Winnie-the-Pooh story."

The planned memorial, if built, would center on a reflecting pond with a glass ring — intended to provide the effect of a floating halo — hanging above it.

"These discs are illuminated at night as a symbol for when neighborhood porch lights are left on as a beacon for children to come home," Jefre said. "When a child returns home, their light will turn off."

The Anthonys said they hadn’t seen the plans before Tuesday’s unveiling, but that they would support a memorial if it were done tastefully. Cindy applauded Jefre’s presentation.

~ ~ ~

Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered.

( the entire thing sounds like a tacky side-show to me.)

( who would bring their kids down--------to walk into the woods to where the scatterted remains of a child was found? )

..he's quoted in this sentinel article---

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na..._caylees_birthday_1/srvc=home&position=recent

~ ~ ~

Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered.

( the entire thing sounds like a tacky side-show to me.)

( who would bring their kids down--------to walk into the woods to where the scatterted remains of a child was found? )

Oh how horrid! :sick:

I haven't been able to find anything about that other org, (Bring The Kids Home). No website, nothing on anyone involved. Strange.
Help! Anyone?

bringkidshome website:

http://www.bringkidshome.org/

..it doesn't look like they're selling a ton of these bricks....

bricks.jpg

Oh how horrid! :sick:

What's horrible is the way the "makeshift" memorial is now! It's stinky, smelly and down right sad to see stuffed animals, ballons, cards, posters, black garbage bags floating in the waters! One can't see it the way it is now and not think of the horrible way Caylee was discarded.

Anything is better than what it is now! People go to it as a swamp, why not beautify the spot and give Caylee some dignity???

Maybe I am over thinking this, but it almost sounds like it could be a 'shell' company to collect monies to distribute to other 'shell' companies that someone or some family might set up?

I think you are picturing something like The United Way. I never did, and never would, donate a dime to them just so they could redistribute my money to another organization. It never made sense to me, not to mention I'm quite capable of making that decision for myself.

The United Way was always suspect and was criticized for just being a middle man that had to pay even more salaries for the redistribution. At work we were actually pressured to have automatic withdrawals from our paychecks to support them.

I haven't googled it or have any idea if it is still operating.

What's horrible is the way the "makeshift" memorial is now! It's stinky, smelly and down right sad to see stuffed animals, ballons, cards, posters, black garbage bags floating in the waters! One can't see it the way it is now and not think of the horrible way Caylee was discarded.
As you explain it, I would find the site to be terribly depressing. If people want to stop, I wish they would just say a prayer and not leave off any items that will soon become trash anyway.

o/t Vinnie Politan has me bawling! he just lost it on HLN.
I wish Caylee could have had a dad like him!!!!!!♥♥♥

As you explain it, I would find the site to be terribly depressing. If people want to stop, I wish they would just say a prayer and not leave off any items that will soon become trash anyway.

I totally agree Crack*Jaxx, and it is very depressing to say the least! Some people do just visit the site and some leave items, and it will continue either way.

Which is why I guess it bothers me so much that this group is trying to make it a beautiful reminder and yet people are throwing negativity at them without realizing 1.) what the site looks and smells like now and 2.) this is something positive, providing a little bit of dignity to Caylee in death that she so clearly was never given in life!

I totally agree Crack*Jaxx, and it is very depressing to say the least! Some people do just visit the site and some leave items, and it will continue either way.

Which is why I guess it bothers me so much that this group is trying to make it a beautiful reminder and yet people are throwing negativity at them without realizing 1.) what the site looks and smells like now and 2.) this is something positive, providing a little bit of dignity to Caylee in death that she so clearly was never given in life!

Who should pay for this?

Anything is better than what it is now! People go to it as a swamp, why not beautify the spot and give Caylee some dignity???

Or just honor her life instead of where she was dumped after her untimely death...Spend the money on missing kids who can benefit from it. Moo

??? What happened???
He was reading comments to a 10yr old little boy who lost his "Navy Seal" daddy...
I think the boys name was Braydon? ANYWAY! he had requested that HLN show a picture of "his daddy" too and not to call him a Navy Seal to call him "his daddy" Beatiful little boy! looked JUST like his daddy.
Vinnie cried so hard he couldn't finish the segment! -barely was able to say "hug your kids"

“Braydon Nichols wanted to tell the world, please don’t forget about my dad,”
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/on-cnn-a-sons-photo-honors-a-fallen-soldier/
sorry for the off topic guys...
this is what ♥ looks like.
poor Caylee

Or just honor her life instead of where she was dumped after her untimely death...Spend the money on missing kids who can benefit from it. Moo

..exactly.

..very briefly-----on the zahra baker thread here----(murdered/dismembered child in N.C.) the local kiwanis is building an addition to their existing park/playground to include apparatus for handi-capped children (as zahra was) benches, a plaque in memory of her...

..the community is whole-heartedly behind it.

..their have been golf tournaments/biker rides/mc'donalds gave $25,000 the other day , with an ongoing donation of every "happy meal" sale to come etc.

..families and their kids can come here to picnic and play.

..they are NOT building a shrine (or even a playground) out at the dump-site on dudley road where her remains were discovered.

..i personally think the suburban drive 'remains site' should be left alone, allowed to grow over naturally and return to it's former habitat.

..the kids at the school across the street need to FORGET a child's body was thrown away there-------not be constantly reminded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back