***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does Mark still get to wear a suit for the Penalty Phase? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Bet he has enjoyed getting to wear suits and ties and pretend to be an attorney allowed to join sidebars. Now, it's no, no, don't take away my suits and my water cup!

Does Mark still get to wear a suit for the Penalty Phase? I don't think so, but I'm not sure.

Bet he has enjoyed getting to wear suits and ties and pretend to be an attorney allowed to join sidebars. Now, it's no, no, don't take away my suits and my water cup!

I'm pretty sure it's jumpsuits all the time now for old Mark! And Spam.

You're all my people here.
Nobody else in my life can understand why I'm so relieved
and happy tonight. You all know why.
My husband had 2 friends from out of town visiting us here. I was sneaking into the bedroom to take quick looks at the thread, through their very looooooooong visit. ;)

I saw the question about post it notes...figured the jury would be busy for a long time, and we wouldn't have a verdict today.

Next time I sneaked a peek, I saw the 'GUILTY 1st Degree' verdict in the headline of the thread!!!! I couldn't believe it.

I walked back into the living room all smiley and happy but didn't want to explain to the guests it was because some pompous freak just got convicted of 1st degree murder...:rolleyes:....knew they wouldn't understand.

I'm pretty sure it's jumpsuits all the time now for old Mark! And Spam.

You mean canned Spam? How about some Mystery Glop instead? I'd hate it, absolutely hate it.

CWW's prison garb he wore in court was such an unflattering color. Frazee at least got the green and white stripes with the pink handcuffs, huh.

Jury's Emotional Moment

I think the emotional moment the jury had was for Teresa and her family--finally getting Justice, after all these years--not for the demon who orchestrated her horrific murder. They saw the pictures. They felt the family's agony. They heard the evidence. Hence, the unanimous vote.

Thank you, jury. Thank you, foreperson. Thank you, 2x2 Magic Notes.

Oh katydid23, you were able to not mention the verdict to your guests. I understand completely. I was emailing a friend a thank you for a holiday candy gift they dropped off yesterday, and I almost included my gleeful news of a guilty verdict in a murder trial. Stopped myself, it just didn't seem holiday appropriate.

For us here, a Guilty Verdict for Mark Sievers is a wonderful holiday gift that will keep on giving for many years.

I am not sure. CWW plead to 2nd degree murder so death is off the table. JRR convicted of 2nd degree so no death. MS hatched the plan and asked CWW to do the deed-- jury could have convicted for 2nd degree but choose 1st degree. They returned their verdict pretty fast. I guess we will see. But, I do hope that MS never walks the streets again.
You are right. I forgot they could have chosen 2nd degree. And it was fast. Wow! Jury has a hard job in front of them.

I'm fine with him getting LWOP. How about others here?

Let him languish in prison in general population
with other common disgusting murderers for the
next 40+ yrs. Let him sink into oblivion.

I'll be surprised if he gets the DP.

Life in prison without parole is actually cheaper than the death penalty, it's said.

Plus it may be easier on the daughters to not have him facing the death penalty for years and it being an issue. That's where my thoughts and my concern are tonight, on the daughters and Teresa's family.

My Kindle is not responding properly. I think I'm having "connectivity" issues. I was watching Court TV on a big screen tonight (12/04/19), up close. I saw Mark's eyes well up, slightly, as if he had an eye irritation--but not enough to let a tear roll down. I never actually saw him cry. What I did see was Mark blow his nose, and he did it so hard that I actually saw what appeared to be ram's horns coming up from under the skin of his forehead. I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought it might be some special effects by Court TV, just to be funny, but it wasn't. This "inflammation" was in sync with the blowing of his nose. It was a pretty close-up shot. If I can capture it, I will surely share it. It was remarkable and incredible, at the same time.

Well, maybe not that incredible!

Last edited:
My heart is so broken for their poor girls. Oh my goodness this entire thing is so awful. If he wasn’t found guilty, Teresa’s family would be without justice. If he was, the girls officially lose both parents. Lose lose imo. So sad all around.
I agree....but they are surrounded by love--their grandmother and aunt must adore them. They will need a lot of support.

Life in prison without parole is actually cheaper than the death penalty, it's said.

Plus it may be easier on the daughters to not have him facing the death penalty for years and it being an issue. That's where my thoughts and my concern are tonight, on the daughters and Teresa's family.
I hope that whatever will give those girls greater peace will prevail. After we just saw a jury in FL not put a man to death for killing a former girlfriend and three children, one of whom was his own son---if that didn't warrant the death penalty, what will? It seems so arbitrary. The jury really must be emotionally spent --I am glad that they are going to have a break before making their decision and I will respect whatever they decide.

I'm in tears...what a wonderful verdict and justice for Teresa's family.

It has been such a long slog, and now finally GUILTY.
Thank goodness.:):):)
Teresa's family are overjoyed, that this Creep will be in Prison for a long time.
Hope each day for MS, from now on, is a downhill steep horrid path, with inmates.
MOO.

I know that the testimony of CWW was key, but I am still upset that he is only getting 25 years. He has such a pleasant look on his face in his mug shot and was all "soft spoken" on the witness stand, but he is depraved and I really don't think that he deserves to see the light of day. He didn't have to do what he did--he chose to do it and it was monstrous.

I've always heard those death penalty appeals just keep a case in the news and constantly dredge up all the bad memories for the family.

I'm okay with LWOP. The only thing I hate is that he'll get in-person visits with no glass and group activities.

He's also bound to get a girlfriend and get married in prison. Some woman is that stupid! Maybe it will be Casey Anthony as she's not that far away.....a match made in Hell.

My Kindle is not responding properly. I think I'm having "connectivity" issues. I was watching Court TV on a big screen tonight (12/04/19), up close. I saw Mark's eyes well up, slightly, as if he had an eye irritation--but not enough to let a tear roll down. I never actually saw him cry. What I did see was Mark blow his nose, and he did it so hard that I actually saw what appeared to be ram's horns coming up from under the skin of his forehead. I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought it might be some special effects by Court TV, just to be funny, but it wasn't. This "inflammation" was in sync with the blowing of his nose. It was a pretty close-up shot. If I can capture it, I will surely share it. It was remarkable and incredible, at the same time.

Well, maybe not that incredible!

I saw that too!

Jury's Emotional Moment

I think the emotional moment the jury had was for Teresa and her family--finally getting Justice, after all these years--not for the demon who orchestrated her horrific murder. They saw the pictures. They felt the family's agony. They heard the evidence. Hence, the unanimous vote.

Thank you, jury. Thank you, foreperson. Thank you, 2x2 Magic Notes.

Agree. How could you not get emotional sitting there for weeks watching them, and then seeing that reaction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back