GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be big.........

Strange how the list resembles almost the same things the first Jurors were hung up on and wanted to see.

The map makes me think they are looking at all the ground he would have had to cover and all
the driving he would have has to do.

510 miles worth.

Cammy, that's kind of misleading. You cannot count his drive from Raleigh to Hillsville in the amount of miles having to be driven during the time of Midnight to 6:35 a.m. when the PT says he made it back to the HI. You have to count the drive starting at Hillsville back to Raleigh and then back to Hillsville. That's only 340 miles... very doable in 6 1/2 hours, even allowing him time to beat his wife. MOO

So the jurors requested the same list of stuff, including luggage inventory, in the first trial?

I'm really surprised the DT didn't jump all over that.

I don't recall the jurors requesting the autopsy report nor the photos of the crime scene prior to processing during the first trial. Can anyone who was here for that trial enlighten me?

I agree.

It could very well come down to the Cracker Barrel photos too, and not just the shoes, but his demeanor, imo.

Does a man who plans on killing his wife in just hours stop at a Cracker Barrel?

Same with the hotel photos, Jason looks like someone laid back checking in and walking through the hallways.

He does not look angry, anxious or in a hurry...

JMO

I do not think Ted Bundy looked like he was ready to murder his victims minutes before he did, that is how he was able to lure his victims with his laid back apparent harmless demeanor.

Items jurors requested in the first trial.

Before going to lunch Friday, the jury sent out 9 requests.

•Surveillance video from a Cracker Barrel restaurant showing Jason's shoes the day before Michelle was killed.
•Surveillance video from the Hampton Inn where Young said he was sleeping the night Michelle died
•Photos of the clothes Jason was wearing at Cassidy's third birthday party
•Crime scene photos of Cassidy's bathroom
•A photo of an emergency exit at the Hampton Inn
•A transcript of the 911 call Michelle's sister made when she found the body
•An e-mail Jason sent to his former fiancé

CB is the only one both juries requested at the onset

Thank you, but I think there were other charges against her to. I really didn't read up to much on her, because I am not from NC, but it just adds to the long list of problems, the state of NC has, over a period of years with honesty in NC judicial system. MOO

IMO that's a pretty broad statement to make. Tracy Cline was in Durham Co. whereas this trial is in Wake Co.

IIRC, this is addressed to locals here, didn't Tracy Clines problems begin when Hudson ordered her to not retry, something on that order, a child sex offender with priors? I can't recall how all this started, but I *thought* it began with that guy who molested or raped a toddler? Does anyone remember that case? I don't follow Durham Co. very closely, moreso Wake and Johnston Co's. It appeared to me, she had the support of her fellow ADA's???

•Surveillance video from a Cracker Barrel restaurant showing Jason's shoes the day before Michelle was killed.
•Surveillance video from the Hampton Inn where Young said he was sleeping the night Michelle died

Thanks! Let me stress JMO but that list is all over the place..the list of this jurors seems more organized and focused. Again. JMO

The victim is entitled to the person who murdered them to be, arrested, brought to trial and convicted.. IMO, this defendant did not murder Michelle Young and if I am correct and he is convicted, the victim has NOT received justice. MOO

:goodpost:

IMO that's a pretty broad statement to make. Tracy Cline was in Durham Co. whereas this trial is in Wake Co.

IIRC, this is addressed to locals here, didn't Tracy Clines problems begin when Hudson ordered her to not retry, something on that order, a child sex offender with priors? I can't recall how all this started, but I *thought* it began with that guy who molested or raped a toddler? Does anyone remember that case? I don't follow Durham Co. very closely, moreso Wake and Johnston Co's. It appeared to me, she had the support of her fellow ADA's???

It did. There was a simultaneous issue with a mebane man who was carrying remains in a backpack. The remains were destroyed in a way that didn't ride the statutes. The other gentleman, I don't remember the case, but I believe it involved his step-child. I'll hunt up some details for you. I keep tabs on most of the durham news.

Tracey Cline has had a pattern of behavior not befitting her station as District Attorney (she is not an ADA). She withheld exculpatory evidence in trials, which Judge Hudson wrote into his opinion on the case he dismissed. She did not follow protocol in a case where the defendant was found with the bones of the victim in his backpack (she allowed the remains to be cremated without testing), and she waged a public war against Judge Hudson. All of this went into her removal. It also came out that she played a part in the Duke Lacrosse fiasco. However, it likely would not have been as swift had she not publicly denounced the decisions of Judge Hudson.

Here is a great article on Cline: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/04/1902895/for-cline-recent-attack-is-in.html

Not exactly the same list as today :rolleyes:

I'm beginning to get impatient and nervous all at the same time. I think I need a Calgon moment!

Thanks! Let me stress JMO but that list is all over the place..the list of this jurors seems more organized and focused. Again. JMO

I agree, just that I am reading erroneous information posted on this board stating that that both lists were similar, when in fact they were not, only one item request was the same on the list, namely, Cracker Barrel photo.

Not that one can interpret anything from it, but just setting the record straight.

I do not think Ted Bundy looked like he was ready to murder his victims minutes before he did, that is how he was able to lure his victims with his laid back apparent harmless demeanor.

I think Ted Bundy also probably ate.

It did. There was a simultaneous issue with a mebane man who was carrying remains in a backpack. The remains were destroyed in a way that didn't ride the statutes. The other gentleman, I don't remember the case, but I believe it involved his step-child. I'll hunt up some details for you. I keep tabs on most of the durham news.

That's right, I remember the guy riding around with body parts in his back-pack! IIRC, he was never charged with a murder, was he? And yes, I didn't want to say 'step-child', but that was the way I remembered it too. Some guy with perhaps a two year old little girl?

I agree, just that I am reading erroneous information posted on this board stating that that both lists were similar, when in fact they were not, only one item request was the same on the list, namely, Cracker Barrel photo.

Not that one can interpret anything from it, but just setting the record straight.

Thank you. "Same type of stuff" turned into "same list of stuff" somewhere along the way, and needed correcting.

can someone post the list of requested items from the jury in the first trial AND the items requested today from the current jury (in the same post)? Please?

I agree! I hate when people comment rudely about jurors!!!

Agree too.
The jurors in the last trial had some very unkind comments made about them, especially the foreperson.
The comments that he was a bully and strongarmed and coerced the other jurors were very upsetting.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member