GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge sent Mr. Bailiff to go knock on the jury door to see if they're ready to go grab some lunch...

I kinda hope so, I need to clean the kitchen from the breakfast mess so I don't get in big trouble from the hubs for "not doing anything but watching that trial again".
Well you obviously made breakfast!

:D

Cammy, this what jury requested and then they were brought back into court to view this.

Seeing that list made me hopeful until Cammy or someone else said that was the same type of stuff requested at the first trial. But it does appear they are taking it seriously.

I hope so. I can't take one more day of this!

I don't know. I think in this case, if they come back too quick, it could be an acquittal.

Thanks for this. I agree. But that raises a legal Q, doesn't it? The defendant has the right to a speedy trial. BUT I know the DA/State reviewed whether or not to retry JY after the last trial, and they decided yes.

For a legal person, can they decide NOT to retry him (if it's a hung verdict) for now and leave it hanging like that? Because if they leave it hanging, doesn't it violate right to speedy trial? What would his status be if not acquitted AND not re-tried at this time?

I'm a legal person but I don't know the answer to this (I don't do crim law except minor hearings). I think that by the time they get to trial, speedy trial rights have likely been waived. I've never heard of anyone in a major murder trial not waiving their rights. Which would mean, I think, that speedy trial rights don't kick back in or come into play again and they have time to decide whether to retry. But I can't imagine that that would be for an indefinite period. My law partner is in trial right now or I would ask. Sorry!

SOP, it should have been entered into evidence with the luggage. How did the DT miss this?

This could be big.........

Strange how the list resembles almost the same things the first Jurors were hung up on and wanted to see.

The map makes me think they are looking at all the ground he would have had to cover and all
the driving he would have has to do.

510 miles worth.

K, that means I can catch a quick nap. I stayed up watching Grease 2 of all things. Not my best idea.

Well you obviously made breakfast!

:D

Very true! I did do one thing today, hahaha! Okay kids... I'm off to go clean that mess, throw in some laundry and maybe move the vacuum cleaner so it looks like I vacuumed, LOL! See ya in an hour!

I wonder if the attorneys tell their client that based on juror evidence request this isn't looking too good, or are they always upbeat and positive regardless if they mean it?

The state can avoid this by not filing charges again until they are ready to try him. Since he isn't charged and there is no statute of limitations on murder, his rights wouldn't be violated. At least, with my Yahoo.com law degree I think this is how it works :)

But he is charged already? After the last trial, he had to post bond to get out of jail. I don't believe the charges are dismissed due to a hung jury outcome. Maybe I am making this too complicated! ;)

I wonder if the attorneys tell their client that based on juror evidence request this isn't looking too good, or are they always upbeat and positive regardless if they mean it?

I think most don't read into evidence requests, because it's almost always impossible to determine meaning behind them.

But he is charged already? After the last trial, he had to post bond to get out of jail. I don't believe the charges are dismissed due to a hung jury outcome. Maybe I am making this too complicated! ;)
Good point! Perhaps the prosecutors could drop the charges and bring them again later? Perhaps gritguy could weigh in or some other legal expert?

This could be big.........
Strange how the list resembles almost the same things the first Jurors were hung up on and wanted to see.

The map makes me think they are looking at all the ground he would have had to cover and all
the driving he would have has to do.

510 miles worth.
Yes, very big, considering the problems that the citizens in NC have seen in their judicial system.
Wasn't withholding exculpatory evidence one of the big reasons, the ADA, was dismissed in Durham County, just Friday?

I am thinking a calculator was ask for in the request from jury. I could be wrong on that one..

I think most don't read into evidence requests, because it's almost always impossible to determine meaning behind them.

I agree.

It could very well come down to the Cracker Barrel photos too, and not just the shoes, but his demeanor, imo.

Does a man who plans on killing his wife in just hours stop at a Cracker Barrel?

Same with the hotel photos, Jason looks like someone laid back checking in and walking through the hallways.

He does not look angry, anxious or in a hurry...

JMO

I do not know the answer to your question,

but the shot of JY on IS, he appeared very

nervous and up-tight!

imo

Yes, very big, considering the problems that the citizens in NC have seen in their judicial system.
Wasn't withholding exculpatory evidence one of the big reasons, the ADA, was dismissed in Durham County, just Friday?

I am thinking a calculator was ask for in the request from jury. I could be wrong on that one..

Tracey Cline is of Durham, this is in Raleigh, NC. The reason Tracey Cline lost her job in Durham was a problem she had with Judge Orlando Hudson.

Seeing that list made me hopeful until Cammy or someone else said that was the same type of stuff requested at the first trial. But it does appear they are taking it seriously.

<snip>

So the jurors requested the same list of stuff, including luggage inventory, in the first trial?

I'm really surprised the DT didn't jump all over that.

I think a lot of the items the jurors wanted to review go to JY alibi...either way..... believing him or not, seem to be focused on his alibi.

Tracey Cline is of Durham, this is in Raleigh, NC. The reason Tracey Cline lost her job in Durham was a problem she had with Judge Orlando Hudson.
Thank you, but I think there were other charges against her to. I really didn't read up to much on her, because I am not from NC, but it just adds to the long list of problems, the state of NC has, over a period of years with honesty in NC judicial system. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove