GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How horrible and this guy gets away with this, due to a DA? How sad, sounds like the evidence was there, why would she not follow the guide lines to the T?
Glad for society and NC, she is gone...

It was not because of the DA! The woman's remains were eventually returned to her family for burial. The family decided to cremate those remains. It was because LE released the remaining bones for burial and defense was not afforded the opportunity to examine said remains.

This is my problem with information that consistently gets passed around.

Yes , Nurse, she testifed she took home either the bottoms or the tops and washed them, she later gave them to LE.

Luminol would still find blood even after the washing.

So did they not notice blood on the pj before they took them???

It was not because of the DA! The woman's remains were eventually returned to her family for burial. The family decided to cremate those remains. It was because LE released the remaining bones for burial and defense was not afforded the opportunity to examine said remains.

This is my problem with information that consistently gets passed around.

Please read the Judge's ruling. He ruled the DA was at fault for not affording the defense an opportunity to examine the remains. The reasoning is included in an above post.

Yes , Nurse, she testifed she took home either the bottoms or the tops and washed them, she later gave them to LE.

No she didn't testify to that. MF testified that she turned the pajama tops and bottoms over to LE in the Target women's room after purchasing new clothes to put on CY. She testifed that she left the childs undershirt on because it appeared to be clean, was under the pajama top, and they didn't see anyting on the undershirt. Because she couldn't go back into the house to obtain other garments for CY to wear, a member of LE accompanied her to Target to purchase new clothes for the child, and took possession of the pajamas in the Target store restroom, where MF put the newly purchased clothes on CY.

It's really a no win situation. Even if he's found guilty, MY's family is going to be devastated. Because even though they MAY get the verdict they want, the realization that it's a hollow victory hits full force as that verdict is read. They may have won the battle, but the suspect won the war. Michelle and Rylan are gone forever.

Heartbreaking moment, no matter what the verdict.

fran

That is the one of the best posts I have ever read.

:heart:

I am not sure. I was showing you so A) you could see how crazy stuff gets 'round here and B) the accusations that were flying were a little bit :what: and
that I am not so sure they should have let that guy go. (He may still be on a psych hold, even now)

It's extremely aggravating the way rumors get spread on this forum. And then taken to be facts.

No she didn't testify to that. MF testified that she turned the pajama tops and bottoms over to LE in the Target women's room after purchasing new clothes to put on CY. She testifed that she left the childs undershirt on because it appeared to be clean, was under the pajama top, and they didn't see anyting on the undershirt. Because she couldn't go back into the house to obtain other garments for CY to wear, a member of LE accompanied her to Target to purchase new clothes for the child, and took possession of the pajamas in the Target store restroom, where MF put the newly purchased clothes on CY.

Thank you, having some trouble following posts with misinformation in them, especially when following this trial for the first time. This is what I thought I remembered.

wait... are you saying that MF washed the pajamas? I don't recall that. I thought the officer went with them to target and took the pajamas into evidence after she bought the new set of clothing:waitasec:

You are correct. MF did NOT wash the pjs. I think she may have washed the undershirt.

Yes , Nurse, she testified she took home either the bottoms or the tops and washed them, she later gave them to LE.

I also thought I remembered her testifying in the first trial she took CY clothes home and washed them and turned them over to LE afterward. I was shocked when I heard her testify this time she had changed her in the BR at Target and turn them over to LE, all except, her under shirt. I was afraid to bring it up due to it being thought I was posting negative about the victims sister.. I am glad it has been brought out and maybe someone can post the two links in same post of the testimony...

Apparently not........it was very light .

I know she said she took them home and washed them, she said that in the first trial.

I was referring to this trial... the one that this jury is deliberating

I know she said she took them home and washed them, she said that in the first trial.

No MF said she washed the undershirt. LE took PJ's from her in the bathroom of Target where new clothes had been purchased for CY

I agree as well which is why I went searching for the info too..it's a little frustrating because people are in and out while they are at work, etc and people can take that as a fact when it's not true. Also, people repeating over and over the outrage at their not being an inventory of luggage taken, when others have stressed in multiple posts that just because something wasn't entered in as evidence, does not mean there wasn't one made. :(

It would be nice if people clarified that they weren't sure but they think ....blah blah blah..just MHO..

"Thanks" is not enough. I'd like to give an Amen!

Please read the Judge's ruling. He ruled the DA was at fault for not affording the defense an opportunity to examine the remains.

I thought LE was in possession of the bones and released them, in the end it comes down to the DA. From what I know Judge Orlando Hudson had a habit of ruling against Tracey Cline and a lot of Tracey's cases ended up this way, with a murderer walking around free. Thanks for the correction :)

This doesn't negate the fact that this wasn't a conspiracy by the DA's office to cover up something or hide evidence, it was a mistake and now a murderer is walking around free, who will most likely kill again.

If there is a link to Meredith ever testifying anywhere that she washed CY pajamas I sure would appreciate it being posted. Not sure why Law enforcement would allow potential evidence to be destroyed. Especially when said evidence would have come off a living witness of the crime. This forum is getting so filled with information and it's very frustrating!!!

I also thought I remembered her testifying in the first trial she took CY clothes home and washed them and turned them over to LE afterward. I was shocked when I heard her testify this time she had changed her in the BR at Target and turn them over to LE, all except, her under shirt. I was afraid to bring it up due to it being thought I was posting negative about the victims sister.. I am glad it has been brought out and maybe someone can post the two links in same post of the testimony...

I hope someone post the links to MF testimony from the 1st trial..

yes, I do recall that she said at the first trial that she washed the pjs

I agree as well which is why I went searching for the info too..it's a little frustrating because people are in and out while they are at work, etc and people can take that as a fact when it's not true. Also, people repeating over and over the outrage at their not being an inventory of luggage taken, when others have stressed in multiple posts that just because something wasn't entered in as evidence, does not mean there wasn't one made. :(

It would be nice if people clarified that they weren't sure but they think ....blah blah blah..just MHO..

I concur. . . I too, took note of the some posts stating that an 'inventory list was not taken', although it was not introduced as evidence, no one here has any direct knowledge if it was in fact done or not. Posting information like this borders on irresponsible.

johnfear, did you find anythihg about the child rapist. His was the case that really PO'd me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406