GUILTY on all 3 Counts!!! Post-Verdict Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like to go to the sentencing. Is anyone else planning on going?? Anyone from the grey bruce area?

No sorry. Will you be at Saturdays Vigil? Sentencing would likely be very good for you to go No?

Opps sorry Salem i posted before reading. So Confusedashell you wont be able to answer publicly

Hi Guys - just a couple notes and SillyBilly, I'm just jumping off your post, not directing this at you.

First - if you alert the thread and just say - for Salem, please add Canada to the title, I will fix it up for you as time allows.

Second - please do NOT talk about getting together on the open threads. Move that to the private messaging system. Remember this is a PUBLIC forum and anyone can see what you write, not just our trusted members, but any member of the public. We all need to be aware that what ever we post can be see by the WORLD.

Thanks,

Salem

Thanks I was stupid I noticed after I wrote what I did. Thanks :) Please delete my post if you could

Back <modsnip>. There's a lot I could say, but I'll keep it short.

I'm very relieved that the jury reached the right verdict, that MTR is going where he belongs, and I trust he will never have freedom again. That this was the appropriate decision became obvious at about 5:40 p.m. on May 10th when the inadmissible evidence was released by the media. It came as a huge shock and I was physically ill all night.

I have learnt a tremendous amount here in the past three years about the law, about human nature, and much more. More importantly, I'm very grateful for the close, enduring friendships Websleuths has provided me.

I wish that Tori spends eternity laughing and frolicking with puppies and butterflies and angels ... wherever she may be. So long, little one. Justice has been served.

JMO

564919_428664890484634_120085081342618_1598846_924417018_n.jpg

I pray Tori's family and friends are able to heal and move forward. Sadly, I have a feeling that this isn't over quite yet. I believe MR will appeal and there will be some defense lawyer somewhere that will take on the case. MR is too confident, arrogant, selfish, and cocky to not exhaust all the options available to him under the Law. He may have appeared to be a sniveling, whining, sorry excuse of a man (well that part is true) playing the poor victim in the police interrogation video, but he was in complete control the entire time.

4 hrs being grilled, provoked, babied and nothing....nada......zip......zilch. There wasn't even a slight crack in that arrogant monster's confidence that he would eventually be found innocent.

I feel for my friends and acquaintances who have had to look at this monster for the past 3 yrs and for those who will have to deal with him in a Federal Prison. How you go in to work every day and stand face to face with the pure evil that exists in this world, and yet keep your sanity, is beyond me.

BBM: Here, here, Puppyraiser!

Hats off to the institutional workers that have to deal with the evil, vile, psychopathic like MTR everyday.

The thought of him suffering in his pathetic cell, in his pathetic body, with his pathetic thoughts, everyday, brings a modicum of relief.

He will waste no time looking for his next delusional victim to correspond with, no doubt. I have heard that there are sick puppies out there who like to have relationships with these types of inmates.

He is a cold blooded psychopath, and his manipulations make me sick.

Thank-goodness he is off the streets.

So will we have live tweets tomorrow from the courtroom?

Opps sorry Salem i posted before reading. So Confusedashell you wont be able to answer publicly
I would like to go and I think it would be good for me as well. My co workers don't think so and neither does my mom. I am not sure what I am doing to do yet. What do you mean I can't answer publiclly

I wish they would show this live!

Me too. I will be able to follow on twitter up until i have to leave for an 11:00 appt. We will be there in spirit.

Salem. Can we state whether we are attending Saturday if we just keep it at that?

Can I ask a couple of OT questions here, since I don't know where else I can do it?

I was following the Randall Hopley case--that's the guy in Sparwood, BC, who abducted KH and then brought him back. I found one thread about it, but it was closed and the link to the new thread doesn't work. I am curious what happened with that. Was he convicted? Is he in jail?

Also, during this (Rafferty's) trial, there was a mention of a WS member whose daughter went missing. She was an adult, I think. I'm not sure of the WS member's name, or her daughter's. Was she found? Is she okay? Thanks.

Can I ask a couple of OT questions here, since I don't know where else I can do it?

I was following the Randall Hopley case--that's the guy in Sparwood, BC, who abducted KH and then brought him back. I found one thread about it, but it was closed and the link to the new thread doesn't work. I am curious what happened with that. Was he convicted? Is he in jail?

Also, during this (Rafferty's) trial, there was a mention of a WS member whose daughter went missing. She was an adult, I think. I'm not sure of the WS member's name, or her daughter's. Was she found? Is she okay? Thanks.

B.C. child abductor Randall Hopley pleads guilty

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/03/26/bc-hopley-plea.html

Yes the WS member's daughter was found and she was safe. :)

Why would change of venue be cause for appeal? I thought change of venue favour the defendant. :waitasec:

Will there be an appeal in Mr. Rafferty’s case?

I expect there will be, yes. He’s been found guilty of everything, so there’s literally no downside in trying. One of the grounds that I expect would be appealed would be the decision for the change of venue [The trial was moved from Tori’s hometown of Woodstock to London, which is only 45 kilometres away.] I’m not likely to be the primary appeal lawyer and it’s not going to be my call.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ler-raffertys-lawyer-opens-up/article2431559/

I don't like Derstine. :snooty:

The thought of this makes me want to be sick. Do you think he really planned on buying a baby or selling one that he kidnapped? Do you think that Tori was possibly someone he would have after he was done sexually assaulting her or is that too far fetched?

Snipped for space.

I don't think it's far-fetched at all CL. In fact that was my thought from the beginning. His statement in the car to TLM 'you know I'm gonna *advertiser censored** her right' makes me think he may have wanted to sell TS (given his obsession with having money all the time), sell her or make a *advertiser censored* movie, or the worse, he wanted to make a real snuff film and sell it (who knows if that sick scum bag didn't film the whole thing and there isn't a copy of that film somewhere).

From my understanding tho, REAL snuff films are apparently urban legends, they don't really exist. They are just films made to look like someone is being tortured, raped, and/or killed. JMO

Cristina Tenaglia &#8207; @cristina_CHCHTV
#Rafferty's lawyer tells me she can't say whether or not he will speak at his sentencing tomorrow #Rafferty @CHCHTV

I would like to go and I think it would be good for me as well. My co workers don't think so and neither does my mom. I am not sure what I am doing to do yet. What do you mean I can't answer publiclly

You should go. It will give you that final closer.

As for publicly... you shouldn't be advertising on the open forums where you are from or who you might be car pooling with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur