*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DUMB QUESTION: Without direct evidence in either charge (1) no video of him actually holding her against her will OR 2) no body), could he possibly be not convicted of either charge? Maybe quilty of assault (blood, nail)... but not abduction or murder?

Sorry, but in the absence of any information, my mind naturally is thinking the worst outcome of the trial. :(

No offence, I am glad your not on this jury.

However if I ever end up in court. I pick you for floor person!

I do want my rights protected, I however do not want RAT on the streets ever again.

I hope they do. They were probay given the legal definition of all charges.
But, three hours in and they need a time stamp, ugh!
I thought his would be quicker. Someone is a holdout. I pray this is not a hung jury.

I think it is the crazy man...:banghead:

I hope they do. They were probay given the legal definition of all charges.
But, three hours in and they need a time stamp, ugh!
I thought his would be quicker. Someone is a holdout. I pray this is not a hung jury.

Better hung than not guilty...

While we wait....
I have never been on a jury and like I said never really followed a trial, besides Casey Anthony. Are the jurors from a certain radius from Nelson Co? Like they call people from within 100 miles that havent heard about the case? (I know its much more detailed but Im trying to get a feel for the jurors)

Nelson County is less than 500 square miles and has only 14,000 residents. I doubt anyone on they jury had not heard about the case. All of the major roads that run thru the county (I-64, US-29, US-250, SR-151) all had pink ribbons and search notifications.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 11s
JURY CLOCK: 5 hours

Nelson County is less than 500 square miles and has only 14,000 residents. I doubt anyone on they jury had not heard about the case. All of the major roads that run thru the county (I-64, US-29, US-250, SR-151) all had pink ribbons and search notifications.

Yeah, I know, Ive been there many times and thats why I was curious. I dont know how someone wouldnt know about it.

From the Merriam Webster Dictionary it states abduct: "to take (someone) away from a place by force"

Since she followed him, this may be a mute point as it was not by force. Yes, he held her there against her will by force, I am sure. But how it is interrupted legally, who knows? Guess our lawyers are at work right now.

ETA: I am with you all, RAT needs to be off the street forever!! He seems to slip thru the cracks each time. Unfortunately, my fear is he has once again proven he can escape a major charge! Please let my gut instinct be wrong!!!!

Yeah, I know, Ive been there many times and thats why I was curious. I dont know how someone wouldnt know about it.

It comes down to...can you be fair and impartial.

In the courtroom . . . . . the laptop has been returned so I am assuming they finished watching the video of the cars leaving the lot.

From the Merriam Webster Dictionary it states abduct: "to take (someone) away from a place by force"

Since she followed him, this may be a mute point as it was not by force. Yes, he held her there against her will by force, I am sure. But how it is interrupted legally, who knows? Guess our lawyers are at work right now.

Taking a person away by means of persuasion, fraud, or force.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/abduction

Virginia law, Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-47, uses the terms abduction and kidnapping synonymously. A person commits the crime of abduction if s/he by force, intimidation or deception, and without legal justification or excuse, seizes, takes, transports, detains or secretes another person with the intent to:

deprive such person of his personal liberty, or
- See more at: http://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state...idnappingabduction-laws/#sthash.PMIGNhjO.dpuf

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-32

18.2-32. First and second degree murder defined; punishment.

Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.

All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than forty years.

§ 18.2-32. First and second degree murder defined; punishment.

Murder, other than capital murder, by poison, lying in wait, imprisonment, starving, or by any willful, deliberate, and premeditated killing, or in the commission of, or attempt to commit, arson, rape, forcible sodomy, inanimate or animate object sexual penetration, robbery, burglary or abduction, except as provided in § 18.2-31, is murder of the first degree, punishable as a Class 2 felony.

All murder other than capital murder and murder in the first degree is murder of the second degree and is punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than forty years.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-32

What's the definition of second degree murder charge ?

2nd degree murder would just mean that Taylor's attack was malicious, but not premeditated.

Basically, that the attack was done with the intent to hurt/kill Alexis, but he didn't actually plan it out beforehand.

What about him gives him the "crazy man" nickname? Is he locally referred to as such? Or, is it something he did during this trial?

What about him gives him the "crazy man" nickname? Is he locally referred to as such? Or, is it something he did during this trial?

I was wondering this too?

I think it is the crazy man...:banghead:

Can you describe some or all of the jury as you remember them? Lots of times in cases we have descriptions of juries and how attentive or not they are during proceedings.

Obviously no names or photgraphs

or links to their facebooks or that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members