GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one. Many restaurants don't really have paid days off or leave in the way that other professions do-- it is not affordable or feasible in terms of scheduling. The TK restaurant would not want a 5 or 6 months pregnant woman wearing that uniform as the customers are hoping for something a little different running through their minds.

They have been asking this question repeatedly as well as whether or not she drank alcohol (at all) or took pre-natal vitamins as well. I think it will backfire b/c the jury is going to see SM go into Walmart and get a test, there was a test in the apartment, and she asked if you could be pregnant and spotting. HE by all accounts was a free spirit and a burgeoning adult-- she probably was not thinking ahead beyond the next few weeks or months and that is clear in the testimony of her co-workers and friends.

On another note, her date with Stephen sounds sweet and innocent as well as promising in terms of a person who would respect and care about her. Unlike the sleaziness of SM with trysts on the deck and a bagel/danish with coffee.....yuck.

I couldn't help but think during Stephen's testimony, that things would have ended so much better for Heather if she had started seeing Stephen in May. I think after Sidney, she was looking for someone completely opposite. It's so sad she didn't get to experience a relationship with a nice man. He really seemed like a nice person to me.

I couldn't help but think during Stephen's testimony, that things would have ended so much better for Heather if she had started seeing Stephen in May. I think after Sidney, she was looking for someone completely opposite. It's so sad she didn't get to experience a relationship with a nice man. He really seemed like a nice person to me.

Absolutely. Just in one night she went on a dinner date, learned to drive a stick shift car, watched a movie, met a mom and was taken home by a man who had enough respect for her to leave after a brief kiss. She liked him enough to agree to a second date. It must be heartbreaking for her family to listen to him and realize that she was making good choices for herself--especially after having to listen to the kitchen manager describe how he had to tell Sidney not to have relations on the deck with his employees. It is a stark contrast.

Don't know why, but I just went to watch the opening statements and I had to cut it off after the first 10 minutes. I just could not bear to watch it. I turned off to the prosecution's opening statements and I've never done that before.

I don't want to hear about fish, I want to be here about Heather.

I will go back later to listen to it, but it just turned me off so much I had to walk away. I can't fathom what the jury was thinking, and perhaps he was playing to that demographic. But to me, it just turned me off so much I just had to walk away

Something HUGE happened today!
When the kitchen manager was testifying, it may have been on cross - we’ll have to go back and listen again.
He said he called Sidney after Heather went missing to ask him about Heather & that Sidney and Tammy were on the speakerphone disparaging Heather & then he said something to the effect of “couldn’t let that PREGNANT *advertiser censored*” ruin their family.
That’s not verbatim. You need to go back and listen. I think he talked about that call on direct and cross but he only elaborated once about it.
He specifically said that it was after Heather was reported missing which would make it about the same date that Tammy put that awful post on Facebook about Heather the “*advertiser censored* girl gone missing”.
The anger on that Facebook post was fresh & raw. Apparently the anger on that telephone call to the kitchen manager was fresh & raw as well.
It is the rage of a scorned evil woman.
It reveals that “they” (Sidney & Tammy) knew she was pregnant as well as other things ...
It really is the confirmation we need to sadly learn that Heather was pregnant.
(And like usual, Tammy told on herself & this time implicated Sidney.)

Last edited:
When the kitchen manager was testifying, it may have been on cross - we’ll have to go back and listen again.
He said he called Sidney after Heather went missing to ask him about Heather & that Sidney and Tammy were on the speakerphone disparaging Heather & then he said something to the effect of “couldn’t let that PREGNANT *advertiser censored*” ruin their family.
That’s not verbatim. You need to go back and listen. I think he talked about that call on direct and cross but he only elaborated once about it.
He specifically said that it was after Heather was reported missing which would make it about the same date that Tammy put that awful post on Facebook about Heather the “*advertiser censored* girl gone missing”.
The anger on that Facebook post was fresh & raw. Apparently the anger on that telephone call to the kitchen manager was fresh & raw as well.
It reveals that “they” (Sidney & Tammy) knew she was pregnant as well as other things ...
How in the world did I miss this? I did have a hard time understanding him at times...

Can you post a link to listen? ETA: Found a Law and Crime youtube. Testimony on this call is at about 7:30 in the video. (7:20) HE was a b****, s***, and spreading rumors about their family.

It was mentioned in the call that there were rumors about a pregnancy in reference to ruining their family. At 8:02 the question was asked about the rumors, Hart said, "Yes, yes, because it was mentioned that she was pregnant when it was said she was pregnant and trying to ruin the family."

Later, Livesay says he can't tell her what Tammy said which is probably why it was never followed up on. Hearsay? Or, I am not sure why.

From
Sidney Moorer Retrial Day1 Witnesses: Dennis Hart, Ronald Whitt & Stefano Schiraldi on ytube.

Last edited:
How in the world did I miss this? I did have a hard time understanding him at times...
Sorry. Am not savvy enough to post a link. Maybe someone else knows how?

The witness was kitchen manager Dennis Hart.

Perhaps he was riled about all of the inferences being made about his son (who was friends with Heather) & that may be the first time he unwittingly revealed more details of that telephone call.
This is one of those “the truth always comes out” moments!
It also reveals that there’s no remorse on the part of either Moorer & that instead Tammy (& maybe Sidney too) felt justified about whatever they had done because now that “PREGNANT *advertiser censored*” could not “ruin their family”.
Don’t know if the excited utterance rule would apply to a witness.
Hope someone absolutely takes this to the prosecution in the morning.

Last edited:
Sorry. Am not savvy enough to post a link. Maybe someone else knows how?

The witness was kitchen manager Dennis Hart.

Perhaps he was riled about all of the inferences being made about his son (who was friends with Heather) & that may be the first time he unwittingly revealed more details of that telephone call.
This is one of those “the truth always comes out” moments!
It also reveals that there’s no remorse on the part of either Moorer & that instead Tammy (& maybe Sidney too) felt justified about whatever they had done because now that “PREGNANT *advertiser censored*” could not “ruin their family”.
Don’t know if the excited utterance rule would apply to a witness.
Hope someone absolutely takes this to the prosecution in the morning.
Found it. I put the quotes in post #426, just above yours.

Was it during cross?
He also said that both Sidney & Tammy were cursing Heather in that phone call.

No, it was in the state's questions between 7:20-10:20 into the testimony. See in my previous post the quote. Livesay didn't follow it up because she can't ask what Tammy said for some reason.

Sidney Moorer kidnapping trial ready for opening arguments. Here’s what happened on Day 1

SEPTEMBER 09, 2019

"...On Monday, the parties selected a jury and argued some minor, legal issues ahead of the actual trial.

The jury selection only took hours, compared to about a full day for his wife and co-defendant Tammy Moorer. A panel of seven women and seven men will decide if Sidney Moorer is guilty of kidnapping and conspiracy related to Elvis’ disappearance in 2013.

The Horry County trial is expected to last a couple of weeks...."

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article234878727.html

It's so wild to me that some murder cases can be tried in less than a week and a verdict is reached (Ashley McArthur's trial) and other trials -- even those with lesser charges like this one -- can last for weeks before the jury even begins deliberations.

I guess it all really boils down to the number of puzzle pieces that have to be stitched together.

Thank you all for updating/ transcribing. I did not get to watch much at all.. I feel like it is moving fast this time. I am watching after lunch to see if I can hear what you all are talking about.

Also, wasn't someone constantly coughing the last time too?

Wednesday, Sept. 11th:
*Trial Continues (Day 3) (@ 9:30am ET) - SC - Heather Rachelle Elvis (20) (Dec. 4, 2013, not found) - *Sidney St.Clair Moorer (38/now 43) arrested (2/23/14), charged & indicted (2/27/17) with kidnapping & indicted (4/27/18) with conspiracy to commit kidnapping. Plead not guilty. $30K Surety Bond.
Was to be tried in Georgetown County, but Judge brings it back to Horry County (6/21/19).
Trial began on 9/9/19 with jury selection. Jury: 6 women & 6 men, with 2 alternates: 1 woman & 1 man.

9/9/19 Day 1-Jury Selection. Jury: 6 men & 6 women, alternates: 1 woman & 1 man. Court will start at 9:30 tomorrow morning 9/10.
9/10/19 Day 2: Opening statements by both sides. State witnesses: Jessica Cooke (Front Of House Manager at Titled Kilt). Jody Davenport (worked at the Tilted Kilt with Elvis). Dennis Hart (was the kitchen manager at TK). Ronald Witt (Works for T-Mobile (15 years) in the law enforcement relations group). Steven (Stefano) Schiraldi (friend of Heather's). Steven's mother. Bree Warrelmann-Kulzer (Heather's friend & roommate). Officer Casey Guskiewicz (employed at the Horry County Police Department for 7 years, was patrolman at the time). Jurors watch his dash-cam footage. Trial continues on 9/11.
*Tammy Lorinda Caison Moorer (41/now 46) – Trial on 10/8/18 was found guilty of kidnapping & conspiracy to kidnapping. Sentenced to 30 years for each charge, to be served concurrently with time served for any time served thus far (5 yrs). Not eligible for parole.

Hi everyone. A huge thank you for tagging me in a recent post @Surfside ---- I'd not have known this trial was underway if not for you tagging me...thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Also, thank you for transcribing for us, and also others who've done the same, as well as all those who've posted updates etc..you're so awesome, all of you!!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member