GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be the only one, but I think it does a disservice to the prosecution to read all of these texts that clearly TM was sending by using SM's phone. I feel like if I were on the jury it might cloud my judgement and create the seed of doubt needed to possibly acquit SM. JMO!

If I remember correctly from SM/TM's past trials, the prosecution is trying to establish for the jury that TM had control and use of SM's phone prior to the early morning hours of 12/18/13, and almost immediately after Heather's last calls to SM's phone at 3:41 am 12/18/13, SM had use of his phone again. IMO. Someone please correct me if I'm not remembering accurately.

I found this from Tammy's trial. Don't know if it helps:

In his testimony, Lynch also said he was able to tell Tammy Moorer was using both her own phone and Sidney Moorer's phone during November and December of 2013.

During that time frame, he said Sidney Moorer's phone had communication with Elvis’ phone, a woman named Ashley and a man named Caleb.

Sexually explicit text messages were sent from Sidney’s phone to other people during this time frame as well, according to Lynch.

Lynch added that Tammy Moorer sent some messages from her phone telling people to text Sidney Moorer's phone because her battery was about to die.

The witness also read some of the texts sent from Sidney Moorer's phone to Elvis out loud.

"To Heather, it says ‘What do you want to talk about?’ and Heather responds, ‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me,’” Lynch testified. “Sidney responds, ‘Nah, it was a bore.’ Sidney responds to Heather, ‘If you want to speak to me, call now. Otherwise leave me alone forever.’ And then heather responds, ‘Really? So that’s why you’re still childishly texting me from your cheating husband’s phone?’ Then there’s a message right after that from Sidney that says, ‘Call the number, it’s me,’ and then Heather responds, ‘You call.’”

‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me:’ Content of text messages focus of day seven of Tammy Moorer trial

I may be the only one, but I think it does a disservice to the prosecution to read all of these texts that clearly TM was sending by using SM's phone. I feel like if I were on the jury it might cloud my judgement and create the seed of doubt needed to possibly acquit SM. JMO!
Ya i’m With you on that. If i’m Sitting on the Jury and just hearing all the evidence for the first time I have no idea where they are going with this. Am I being made to believe SM was talking to a young teen boy or am I being made to believe TM or someone else was using SM’s phone to talk to a teen boy? If that latter what does that have to do with this case? I would be starting to think it was TM and TM alone responsible for HE’s disappearance. Moo

I found this from Tammy's trial. Don't know if it helps:

In his testimony, Lynch also said he was able to tell Tammy Moorer was using both her own phone and Sidney Moorer's phone during November and December of 2013.

During that time frame, he said Sidney Moorer's phone had communication with Elvis’ phone, a woman named Ashley and a man named Caleb.

Sexually explicit text messages were sent from Sidney’s phone to other people during this time frame as well, according to Lynch.

Lynch added that Tammy Moorer sent some messages from her phone telling people to text Sidney Moorer's phone because her battery was about to die.

The witness also read some of the texts sent from Sidney Moorer's phone to Elvis out loud.

"To Heather, it says ‘What do you want to talk about?’ and Heather responds, ‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me,’” Lynch testified. “Sidney responds, ‘Nah, it was a bore.’ Sidney responds to Heather, ‘If you want to speak to me, call now. Otherwise leave me alone forever.’ And then heather responds, ‘Really? So that’s why you’re still childishly texting me from your cheating husband’s phone?’ Then there’s a message right after that from Sidney that says, ‘Call the number, it’s me,’ and then Heather responds, ‘You call.’”

‘I think you’re a little obsessed with me:’ Content of text messages focus of day seven of Tammy Moorer trial

BBM
Was WL as explicit in stating all of this today as he was in TM's trial? I didn't get to hear all of his testimony.

more...

It was revealed during this most recent trial that Moorer had been sending explcit texts to a teenager saying she was 'fantasizing' about him.

One of the messages read out at Horry County Court read: 'I want you Caleb. You don't even know. I want to *advertiser censored** the hell out of you.'

Moorer’s lawyers objected to the introduction of these texts and motioned for a mistrial, which the judge denied.

They argued that the explicit messages were not relevant to the case and were an attempt to discredit her character, which hasn't been introduced as evidence.

It was said during the trial that the sexting with the teen began after Moorer found out that her husband was having an affair then confiscated his phone, using it to send messages.

She also researched 'cougar life' on the internet.

He said the messaging stopped after the teenager's mother found the messages and confronted Moorer.

Tammy Moorer gets 30 years in prison after she is found guilty of kidnapping her husband's mistress | Daily Mail Online

If I remember correctly from SM/TM's past trials, the prosecution is trying to establish for the jury that TM had control and use of SM's phone prior to the early morning hours of 12/18/13, and almost immediately after Heather's last calls to SM's phone at 3:41 am 12/18/13, SM had use of his phone again. IMO. Someone please correct me if I'm not remembering accurately.
Well if that’s the purpose I hope that is being clearly communicated to this jury. Haven’t heard today’s testimony yet. Just getting updates from here.

I think part of it is the State trying to establish these two were co-conspirators. Another part of it, I believe, is what Richmond said here:

Agreed. When you're not allowed to use your phone because you cheated on your spouse, but you coincidentally are allowed unrestricted access to it again at the exact time your mistress's (sorry - I hate using that word here) pattern of life ceases - wellllll, that's no coincidence.

Ya i’m With you on that. If i’m Sitting on the Jury and just hearing all the evidence for the first time I have no idea where they are going with this. Am I being made to believe SM was talking to a young teen boy or am I being made to believe TM or someone else was using SM’s phone to talk to a teen boy? If that latter what does that have to do with this case? I would be starting to think it was TM and TM alone responsible for HE’s disappearance. Moo
I know we've been confusing with our notes, but I feel like the jury gets it. I get nervous with some of this testimony sometimes; then I remember Nancy freakin' Livesay standing in front of TM's jury, comparing her to the Evil Queen in Snow White and wrapping everything else in such a neat little package, and then I just decide to trust in her brilliance. ;)

Plus the two kinds of alcohol she had earlier...but she didn’t want to take prenatal vitamins...but alcohol and potstickers are a great option.
Lol!! I forgot about turning down prenatal vitamins! There’s no safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Alcohol can cause problems for your baby any time during pregnancy let alone mixing alcohol. And if I remember correctly SM said "they were trying to get pregnant."
I don't have a link for that last sentence.

then I remember Nancy freakin' Livesay standing in front of TM's jury, comparing her to the Evil Queen in Snow White and wrapping everything else in such a neat little package, and then I just decide to trust in her brilliance. ;)

:D

At Tammy's trial:

Senior Assistant Prosecutor Nancy Livesay painted the case like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Elvis was the title role. Tammy Moorer was the Evil Queen. Tammy grew more jealous as her husband, Sidney, showed more favor to Elvis, his mistress, instead of his wife.

“This is a story of jealousy and deceit,” Livesay said.

“When you mix jealousy, deceit and just an absolute crazed woman so worried about [Elvis] stealing her husband, that is when unnatural things happen,” Livesay said.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article220451380.html

Woman Who Prosecutor Compared To ‘Snow White’ Villain Convicted Of Kidnapping Husband's Mistress

I think part of it is the State trying to establish these two were co-conspirators. Another part of it, I believe, is what Richmond said here:

Agreed. When you're not allowed to use your phone because you cheated on your spouse, but you coincidentally are allowed unrestricted access to it again at the exact time your mistress's (sorry - I hate using that word here) pattern of life ceases - wellllll, that's no coincidence.

I know we've been confusing with our notes, but I feel like the jury gets it. I get nervous with some of this testimony sometimes; then I remember Nancy freakin' Livesay standing in front of TM's jury, comparing her to the Evil Queen in Snow White and wrapping everything else in such a neat little package, and then I just decide to trust in her brilliance. ;)
It was smashing wasn't i?!! NL using TM's fantasy Mickey mouse land against TM. It must have burned her britches!

:D

At Tammy's trial:

Senior Assistant Prosecutor Nancy Livesay painted the case like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Elvis was the title role. Tammy Moorer was the Evil Queen. Tammy grew more jealous as her husband, Sidney, showed more favor to Elvis, his mistress, instead of his wife.

“This is a story of jealousy and deceit,” Livesay said.

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article220451380.html
Love it! But now she has to be even better at convincing this jury TM didn’t act alone as a crazed jealous wife and SM is just as evil and went with her plan and assisted in carrying out her plan....why?

Love it! But now she has to be even better at convincing this jury TM didn’t act alone as a crazed jealous wife and SM is just as evil and went with her plan and assisted in carrying out her plan....why?
I think the phone control that TM had shows just how controlling TM was and the texts show SM was sort of trying to please her by cutting off all ties with HE, so I think it will show he went along with the plan because TM told him to!!! He's still 100% guilty in my book, no matter who the "brains" (I use that term loosely) was behind the plan.

If he doesn't get up on that stand and speak he will be called "Dopey". :p

I kept hoping TM would have an outburst in that moment. Maybe NL was hoping the same.
The DOC's website regarding SM reads, "Horry County to Court." VineLink shows, "In Custody, J. Reuben Long" and "In Custody, Horry County." TM's read the same, so I'm guessing that's all the heads up we're going to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3