GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of that photo. It must not definitively speak to where her body could be right? Just that she was not alive at the time it was taken. The remains that were found near that old dump. I'm thinking it's likely not Heather. The Moorer's are so arrogant, to me that says she is never going to be found, whatever they did with her they are 100% confident that body is never going to be used as evidence against them.

That's ok, I'll be happy with 30 years in prison for both. But my heart for the Elvis family is that they would have answers. :(

I don't want to be graphic. But, I think we are all just thinking the pic is of her body just laying there. I'm saying there could be abuse of a corpse in a really bad way. Just with TM's rage, I wouldn't be surprised. I don't want to offend anyone, but these people are truly evil, especially the Mrs. I put nothing past her, no matter how sick or twisted.

I am sure after SM affair he had to redeem himself with TM family. I am guessing DD wasn't the only person he showed the pic to...DD didn't get to say what brought the conversation up...he seemed like he started to and just said "he showed me a pic" I think SM is a an idiot and just thought he was cool. As vile as that sounds.

I think he was probably also drunk, having just gotten out of jail and celebrating his freedom.

While on recess, just thoughts about DD and what he saw on the phone: why would Sidney have shown DD what he did?? What would SM have gained from that? Why do something that would potentially seal his fate?? I just wonder if SM ever showed anyone else the photo (other than TM, cause you know he did!) and they are all just keeping quiet for now?? the M's are just pure evil and they deserve what they have (and had) coming to them!

I think Sid showed DD because he had a moment of bravado. DD was a kid back then, 21 years old and easy to impress. Maybe Sid was drinking that night, who knows, he's not the brightest bulb. TM led him around by the nose. He likely caught hell for that from TM. They assassinated DD (the whole family) after that testimony came out. No wonder he told his Mom it was a lie. Now he has no one to support him. My heart goes out to DD, he looked like a lost soul on the stand. Made me want to gather him up in my arms and give him some hope for his life.

I'm going to say the only other person who likely saw that photo was Ashley. I firmly believe she knew what Tammy planned for Heather and was involved in the cover-up. Will that ever be proven?

I have the same thoughts about SM’s motivation to show DD. Maybe it’s as simple as SM wanting to brag about what he and the missus had done. Or maybe there was a small stitch of guilt that needed to be released. Part of me has wondered if the picture wasn’t sent to both TM and SM by a third party. That might have given SM a reason to feel “distanced” from what actually happened at the end, and allow him to share it with DD without feeling the same level of guilt. Who knows. He’s a twisted person so it’s tough to say for certain.
With so much support and what appears to be help (after the carwashing video) I would venture to say that SM just assumed DD was another member of the family that believed this was the right thing to do. SM thought the entire family was behind him and TM so he didn’t think twice to show the photo. Moo

DD has testified that the phone he saw the photo on was a "flip phone" that we have surmised is a burner phone.
I think he was probably also drunk, having just gotten out of jail and celebrating his freedom.

And, I also think others in the immediate family saw the photos as well. The car wash video shows how people in the immediate circle will help with the dirty laundry at any given step. I am sure the pros. team knows the type of phone and probably has been trying to get a receipt or something for it. SM and TM had lots of electronics and were savvy enough to know that any evidence would have to be less traceable/non-traceable. Once again, we have SM being impulsive and not sticking with the script. TM had to lose her mind to know that he had shared a photo outside the immediate family circle. Now, can the pros. convict that tight circle? I hope so. MOO

FYI, the Find Heather Elvis page has said that court will go until 5PM today. I assume the defense will rest before then. I'm not mad at the State having a day tomorrow to perfect their closing statement if there's no court!

Keep going DD you’re doing great.

To be honest, I really didn't think they would call DD this time. It's not because he has the baggage of criminal conduct. I kind of think the jail house story of telling his mom it wasn't true that he saw the pic of HE. Then the explanation of why he lied to his mom seems a little flimsy. I just think since they introduced the new truck scrubbing video, maybe they should have skipped his testimony this time. Will the jury find him credible and would it weigh negatively for the state if they don't quite buy his testimony?

Last edited:
This is where we were in SM's previous trials:

Kidnapping trial:
Coming back from lunch, the judge is addressing Moorer about his right to testify or not testify. Moorer told the judge he will NOT testify. The jury has not been brought back into the courtroom.
The defense has indicated no evidence will be presented on behalf of the defendant.
MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

I wonder who these "7" witnesses for the defense are. Let me check his Obstruction of Justice case and see who he called.

Obstruction of Justice trial:
Moorer getting emotional as he thinks about testifying. After a few mins discussing with attorneys: Moorer will NOT be taking the stand and testifying in his obstruction of justice trial. Closing Arguments now. Asst. Solicitor Nancy Livesay is now giving the prosecution's closing statements.
GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

So it was only TM's Kidnapping trial where we saw some defense witnesses?

Tammy's Kidnapping trial:
Sidney "Christian" Moorer (violated order, cannot testify- watched trial in sequester room)
Polly Caison (violated order, cannot testify - watched trial in sequester room)
Nikki Caison (violated order, cannot testify - watched trial in sequester room)
Cason Caison (violated order, cannot testify - watched trial in sequester room)
Ashley Caison
Bryan Horne (knew HE in 2013)
Brooke "something" (denied testifying because she was not on the witness list)
Sydney Moffitt (knew Heather Elvis from working together in a booth at Tanger; tey lived together for a short time, 2-3 months. Last time they spoke was early 2013.)
Timothy Tindall (lso knew Heather Elvis and knew her a few months before she went missing through Sydney Moffitt - the previous witness)
Evan German (had a beach house in the Garden City area he stayed in for a while with his friend and he had a relationship with Heather Elvis.)
Deborah James, a records coordinator from Loris Hospital
?? another 'records custodian' with NO clinical experience
Betsy Greene - director of health information management/medical records at Conway Medical Center.
Tammy Moorer
GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #5
GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

To be honest, I really didn't think they would call DD this time. It's not because he has the baggage of criminal conduct. I kind of think the jail house story of telling him mom it wasn't true that he saw the pic of HE. Then the explanation of why he lied to his mom seems a little flimsy. I just think since they introduced the new truck scrubbing video, maybe they should have skipped his testimony this time. Will the jury find him credible and would it weigh negatively for the state if they don't quite buy his testimony?

If the Caisons were making his mom's life hell I could see him trying to backtrack to make life easier for her. He may also have been afraid for her safety. Wish he would have said that.

Last edited:
Eliminating the records custodians these are the choices for the possible 7 who will be call for testimony:

Sidney "Christian" Moorer
Polly Caison
Nikki Caison
Cason Caison
Ashley Caison
Bryan Horne
Brooke "something"
Sydney Moffitt
Timothy Tindall
Evan German

I didn't list Tammy because if Sidney doesn't put himself up, there is no way he would allow Tammy to speak for him.

To be honest, I really didn't think they would call DD this time. It's not because he has the baggage of criminal conduct. I kind of think the jail house story of telling him mom it wasn't true that he saw the pic of HE. Then the explanation of why he lied to his mom seems a little flimsy. I just think since they introduced the new truck scrubbing video, maybe they should have skipped his testimony this time. Will the jury find him credible and would it weigh negatively for the state if they don't quite buy his testimony?

I think the fact that the state has not helped him in any way mitigates the fact that he is a life-long criminal (based on his adult history) who has an addiction problem. He is not a snitch--he didn't go to the law for a deal. It can be inferred (because the visual of TM is that world is afraid of her) that he wanted to insulate his mom from family retribution. I think the jury will take his testimony and line it up with all of the (substantial) evidence they have been given. In fact, DD having a legal system past and not being a "clean cut" guy is probably the one piece of evidence that says there is more than meets the eye with this family.

Tammy's jury believed him, this one will too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum