GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Livesay needs to paint the picture of a desperate man/child under the power of the controlling wife and her family - all seeking revenge. SM was the only way they could have gotten Heather any where near that clan. Can't wait for the closing!

Yes! That really is the point. SM was the lynchpin in that plan. It could not have happened without him. Judge Dennis made that clear yesterday in his rejection of mistrial or directed verdict— Heather would never have gotten out of & locked her car, taken her cell phone and keys, and gotten into a vehicle with anyone other than SM. (Dennis said ‘someone she knew’ but we all know who he was referring to.)

Wonder if the state will bring up the fact that Sidney was wearing his wedding band the first week of this trial but is no longer wearing his wedding band in the second week of this trial?
Interesting & worth pointing out.
(Maybe it has something to do with his relationship with Tammy? Perhaps she wanted to testify & he said No & now they’re in another control tuss with one another?)
Interesting. I didn't catch that. Here's a visual:

upload_2019-9-17_11-41-52.png

What happened over the weekend???

Yes! That really is the point. SM was the lynchpin in that plan. It could not have happened without him. Judge Dennis made that clear yesterday in his rejection of mistrial or directed verdict— Heather would never have gotten out of & locked her car, taken her cell phone and keys, and gotten into a vehicle with anyone other than SM. (Dennis said ‘someone she knew’ but we all know who he was referring to.)
Absolutely. And, we just start the with the common sense follow her digital (if not, physical) footsteps backwards through that time line. Hence the defenses continual questions about Snaps, Instagram and any other messaging systems b/c stepping backwards through that timeline only leads to SM and TM. Good to see the judge on the same page as most here.

I noticed that with the wedding ring being gone also.......... very interesting.... but probably doesn't mean a thing... just defense strategy or he didn't get it back before court (i think jail holds it, right? Or maybe his parents ?)

AC is large and in charge now that TM is behind bars, but she is still scared of big sis since they have that whole civil suit etc... gotta get that money somehow. Tomorrow should be interesting.

BBM And that should scare the crappola out of SM, the Judge will determine his sentence. SM should really think long and hard about this, the Judge has been more than straight forward with him, even shaking his hand and wishing him luck in the future. I've criticized Judge M because I think he's been rude to NL and it's been unnecessary, although I think this trial he's been somewhat better.

Interesting. I didn't catch that. Here's a visual:

View attachment 204842

What happened over the weekend???

TM went back "home". I really think there's a battle brewing. State must have some idea of it too. I love that he's not wearing his wedding ring, good catch, Surfside! Hope her family noticed.

BBM And that should scare the crappola out of SM, the Judge will determine his sentence. SM should really think long and hard about this, the Judge has been more than straight forward with him, even shaking his hand and wishing him luck in the future. I've criticized Judge M because I think he's been rude to NL and it's been unnecessary, although I think this trial he's been somewhat better.

TM went back "home". I really think there's a battle brewing. State must have some idea of it too. I love that he's not wearing his wedding ring, good catch, Surfside! Hope her family noticed.

I dreaded having Dennis on this trial after his behavior in SM’s first trial. He has been more professional this time, has not inserted himself into the proceedings as much with stupid stories, and not as rude and condescending to NL. From his remarks yesterday, he believes SM is guilty, and the truck washing video seems to have erased any doubt he may have had. I hope that whatever sentence Dennis hands down will not be influenced by whatever connection he has to SM’s parents.

BBM

Which is probably why they asked so many witnesses if Heather was afraid of Tammy (yes) and Sidney (no).

It was actually @Geechiegirl who caught it. I just strung the pics together. Y'all know I take a million screenshots of the live streams. Occasionally, they pay off. Ha!

I was thinking the same thing about TM being back at Leath. Maybe he was only wearing the wedding band out of fear of seeing her, because she was at J. Reuben. No threat of that now. :D

Of course it could be a number of reasons. It could be strategy, like @Kakidoll said. TM was CONVICTED of CONSPIRACY to commit kidnapping. That means there's a co-conspirator. If I was on trail for being that co-conspirator, I wouldn't be showing a united front by wearing my wedding band.

Or maybe he's come to his senses, at the behest of his family. Wishful thinking, right?

JMO.

In total, prosecutors called 32 witnesses to the stand between Tuesday [last week] and Monday [yesterday].

In Donald DeMarino's testimony, Sidney had shown him a photo of Elvis shortly after she went missing.

"Did [the photo] look like [the Elvis family will] ever hear from her again?" prosecutor Chris Helms asked.

DeMarino shook his head.

Defense attorneys pounced on DeMarino's appearance in handcuffs. The witness was arrested last week for missing a court date.

Defense Attorney James Galmore listed the charges he was facing, which forced Helms to stand up and ask DeMarino to testify that he had been offered no deals as a part of coming in.

"It's the right thing [to do]," the witness said.

State rests case in Sidney Moorer trial

I hope AC is shaking in her boots wondering if she will be the rebuttal witness Wednesday. For some reason I don't think NL is done with her.

But maybe NL is just holding a spot for another witness in the event she feels the need to after the defense witnesses.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

PS I hope Sid testifies!

After the jury left the courtroom for lunch, Attorney Jarrett Bouchette asked the judge to declare a mistrial, saying there was nothing that tied Sidney to the boat landing where Elvis' car was found.

The judge denied the motion and added that there was a lot of circumstantial evidence that didn't appear to make the defense's argument valid.

"Cleaning the truck," Judge Markley Dennis referenced. "That's probably the most credible evidence. That doesn't make any sense. Why would you spend an-hour-and-a-half, and then burning the rags?"

Regarding NL's closing comments to AC about helping SM by testifying....

Thinking back to SM's visit to Charleston.....could the comment have anything to do with that visit? Did SM himself say something incriminating about Ashley (that was recorded) or try to make a deal? Maybe that doesn't make any sense that she'd bring anything up like that during SM's trial....

Before breaking for lunch, defense attorney Jarrett Bouchette asked the judge to declare a mistrial because one state witness had mentioned a polygraph in his testimony. Polygraph findings are not generally admissible in court proceedings.

Judge Markley Dennis denied the motion, saying Bouchette should have offered an objection at the time of the testimony.

Bouchette then asked Dennis for a directed verdict saying the state had not proven a sufficient case to justify a kidnapping conviction. A directed verdict can be requested after the state finishes its case. If granted, the verdict will be “not guilty.”

The defense said the state’s case was based on innuendoes and prosecutors offered no proof that Moorer and Elvis had ever crossed paths in the time leading up to her disappearance.

Dennis denied the motion, citing a number of examples of “compelling circumstantial evidence” as to why the jury might find Moorer guilty. The judge also denied a motion to dismiss the conspiracy charge, saying testimony showed Sidney wasn’t able to do anything without Tammy’s permission.

Before the defense began its case, Dennis said he had gotten a call from his daughter who said the public may take his comments the wrong way.

He assured the courtroom that his job is to make sure the state gets a fair shot in presenting its case and that in no way has he reached any conclusion on the innocence or guilt of Moorer.

Sidney Moorer's defense attorneys begin presenting case in kidnapping trial

@BrokenNotDefeated. I am glad you are here if it helps to calm your thoughts and to feel supported. I hope you were able to get some sleep last night. I have been here since the beginning but not always actively. I am heartened to learn for the first time that some of your real life friends have also been on this site from the first days, and they are lifting up your family both in word and deed. I feel sick at heart that your dear Heather unknowingly got ensnared by this very sick family the moment she got involved with SM. Wishing you and your family all the strength you need to get through the next few days in court. May grace and justice infuse the courtroom as the trial moves through the last testimony and closing arguments. And may the jury see through all the deceit to reach a correct verdict.

After the jury left the courtroom for lunch, Attorney Jarrett Bouchette asked the judge to declare a mistrial, saying there was nothing that tied Sidney to the boat landing where Elvis' car was found.

The judge denied the motion and added that there was a lot of circumstantial evidence that didn't appear to make the defense's argument valid.

"Cleaning the truck," Judge Markley Dennis referenced. "That's probably the most credible evidence. That doesn't make any sense. Why would you spend an-hour-and-a-half, and then burning the rags?"

See, now this bothers me. The Judge basically just told the defense what the most credible evidence against their client is. He pointed it out. So guess what they will now work on disputing more than anything else? They can answer his question for the jury.

Also of note in article I linked above Defense did say that Tammy Moorer May still testify.... anyone know where she resides today?

If she testifies, will she too be compelled to appear in prison garb & handcuffs. It seems only fair if the state's incarcerated witness had to appear before the jury that way, that the defense's incarcerated witness should appear the same. (And isn't her prison uniform TEAL? The irony.)

If she testifies, will she too be compelled to appear in prison garb & handcuffs. It seems only fair if the state's incarcerated witness had to appear before the jury that way, that the defense's incarcerated witness should appear the same. (And isn't her prison uniform TEAL? The irony.)

I don't' think she will testify, but I'm not sure it would even matter. Her own sister already spilled the beans on her current address, and she will also be asked that question (where she lives) like every other witness. Of course this is a Caison-Moorer we are talking about, so she'd probably lie about even that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13