GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SM's job at Disney was a contract / seasonal kitchen help for booths at Epcot's Food & Wine Festival that happens every fall. While they do background checks, those charges would not show up as they were pending. It isn't HIPPA but similar in that he is innocent until proven guilty so they aren't going to be listed in a basic job background check. Also, those seasonal positions don't get screened as hard as permanent employees and some times the person is hired before the checks are completed, which some of us think happened here, especially if he had a friend that was already a Castmember and vouched for him. But no worries, we got him fired as quickly as possible. And then we made sure they couldn't come back to the Disney campground either.
I wondered why they didn't stay there and keep working...
Bam! Well, Delta you go with your bad self! Luv it!

The Elvis family and/or their advocates appealed to whoever is above Judge Dennis to have him removed. He refused to recuse himself, and he (obviously) was not removed. If you watch SM's first kidnapping trial and then TM's trial with a judge who acted in a professional, unbiased manner, the difference was stark. I think a lot of us were dreading having Judge Dennis on this trial. He managed to act in a semi-professional manner this time around. I say good riddance to the retiring old southern white boy judge. (Sorry, just can't help myself. MOO.) (Edit: I was surprised to hear him reveal to the Elvis family that his own grandfather was murdered, and that he witnessed his father's anguish & grief for the rest of his father's life--his father never recovered from it.)
The Judge's Grandfather, Edward James Dennis (1877-1930), was a senator who was assassinated by W.L. Thornley, hired by former bootleg whiskey king and one-time federal prosecution agent Glenn B. McKnight. Dennis had waged war against the liquor interests for years. Thornley shot him in Monck's Corner. He died at age 52. Edward James Dennis, Sr (1877-1930) - Find A...

NO, HE IS NOT HER GRANDFATHER NOR HER UNCLE! They are cousins.
People state things as facts that are not facts.
When we give our humble opinion, it is mere supposition & we should state it as such.
It didn't take much sleuthing for me to find out that Kathryn's grandfather, Rembert C. Dennis (1915-1992) had six (6) children, two son's of which were her father, Luke, and his brother Rembert (R. Markley Dennis), her uncle. So uncle was the correct answer...in my humble opinion. BTW, I didn't see where you stated your ALL CAPS reply as your humble opinion, even though, that was what you were criticizing others for not doing. Just an observation. This is a friendly forum after all. Everyone have a nice day.

It didn't take much sleuthing for me to find out that Kathryn's grandfather, Rembert C. Dennis (1915-1992) had six (6) children, two son's of which were her father, Luke, and his brother Rembert (R. Markley Dennis), her uncle. So uncle was the correct answer...in my humble opinion. BTW, I didn't see where you stated your ALL CAPS reply as your humble opinion, even though, that was what you were criticizing others for not doing. Just an observation. This is a friendly forum after all. Everyone have a nice day.
Thanks for going to the effort. Wish I would have given the answer with "for $1,000 Alex" :D

So. About Disney adults.

Tammy and I met because of Disney and being travel agents at the time. We both booked Disney travel and had specialized training events on-site. I became an agent for a little extra money and to help me save on my own travel. It didn't work like that in the end and I left it because I make more money as a writer who writes about Disney than an agent who sold it. Plus, I hate dealing with clients who think not getting a dinner reservation is a travesty and now their "whole trip is ruined!' o_O

I'm a Disney adult. No, my house isn't Mickey Moused to the nth degree, I don't wear a Disney tee on the daily (as a matter of fact, I never allowed my kids to wear licensed clothing when they were little unless they were outside playing because I personally felt that was tacky). But, as a grown woman, I have a few Disney Dooneys I do carry, and I have a Disney antennae topper on my car (as well as my annual passholder magnet and a vinyl for my Disney media site / podcast). My home office has a lot of Disney stuff in it but no where else in my house will you actually find anything that immediately makes you think Disney obsessed. I go to the parks on average 8-10 times a year and I am seriously considering moving to central Florida because when I'm invited to cover a media event, which is pretty often, it would just be so much easier to already be down there. (Plus I actually like it down there outside of the theme parks.)

I didn't grow up going to Disney, and didn't go until I was an adult with kids myself and even then we went to celebrate my remission from cancer and to take that 'once-in-a-lifetime' family vacay. But, I did fall in love that first trip. Why? Because it was happy. Customer service was amazing. The Disney bubble was real and you were completely isolated from the real world. For me, my real world was courtrooms, exam rooms, conference rooms. I dealt with ugly, terrible things done to humans by other humans on the daily and Disney was finally a place I could just let go and be young at heart again. Free to imagine, play, be inspired. Am I obsessed? I don't think so, but after reading some thoughts on it here, maybe I am. Do I care? Not one whit.

And while I think she is vile and awful and deserves quadruple the time she was sentenced to, she wasn't really obsessed either with Disney, it was more she was obsessed with having the perfect family, life, everything. And unfortunately, Disney always makes things seem perfect, even when they aren't, and she latched onto that hard. She was given credence on the Disboards (by some) and it escalated from there to become one big fairy tale in her mind, where she was the Queen and had married Prince Charming o_O and was now living the happily ever life at her 'resort-style' custom built home. :rolleyes:

Sorry for such a long-winded response but I just wanted to express my own opinion of being a Disney adult and her obsession with the facade of perfect.

I don't think you sound obsessed. It's something you like, more like a hobby. The M's were obsessed. It was every aspect of their life. Huge difference!

So. About Disney adults.

Tammy and I met because of Disney and being travel agents at the time. We both booked Disney travel and had specialized training events on-site. I became an agent for a little extra money and to help me save on my own travel. It didn't work like that in the end and I left it because I make more money as a writer who writes about Disney than an agent who sold it. Plus, I hate dealing with clients who think not getting a dinner reservation is a travesty and now their "whole trip is ruined!' o_O

I'm a Disney adult. No, my house isn't Mickey Moused to the nth degree, I don't wear a Disney tee on the daily (as a matter of fact, I never allowed my kids to wear licensed clothing when they were little unless they were outside playing because I personally felt that was tacky). But, as a grown woman, I have a few Disney Dooneys I do carry, and I have a Disney antennae topper on my car (as well as my annual passholder magnet and a vinyl for my Disney media site / podcast). My home office has a lot of Disney stuff in it but no where else in my house will you actually find anything that immediately makes you think Disney obsessed. I go to the parks on average 8-10 times a year and I am seriously considering moving to central Florida because when I'm invited to cover a media event, which is pretty often, it would just be so much easier to already be down there. (Plus I actually like it down there outside of the theme parks.)

I didn't grow up going to Disney, and didn't go until I was an adult with kids myself and even then we went to celebrate my remission from cancer and to take that 'once-in-a-lifetime' family vacay. But, I did fall in love that first trip. Why? Because it was happy. Customer service was amazing. The Disney bubble was real and you were completely isolated from the real world. For me, my real world was courtrooms, exam rooms, conference rooms. I dealt with ugly, terrible things done to humans by other humans on the daily and Disney was finally a place I could just let go and be young at heart again. Free to imagine, play, be inspired. Am I obsessed? I don't think so, but after reading some thoughts on it here, maybe I am. Do I care? Not one whit.

And while I think she is vile and awful and deserves quadruple the time she was sentenced to, she wasn't really obsessed either with Disney, it was more she was obsessed with having the perfect family, life, everything. And unfortunately, Disney always makes things seem perfect, even when they aren't, and she latched onto that hard. She was given credence on the Disboards (by some) and it escalated from there to become one big fairy tale in her mind, where she was the Queen and had married Prince Charming o_O and was now living the happily ever life at her 'resort-style' custom built home. :rolleyes:

Sorry for such a long-winded response but I just wanted to express my own opinion of being a Disney adult and her obsession with the facade of perfect.

Sorry hit the wrong button, knock at front kids lost their football into our backyard, I jumped ten feet into the air. I am not Tech savey trying to find how to cancel the above but not working. Sorry everyone.

Delta Dawn, thank you for the insight it must have been a shock when the news about TM came onto the news and the events that followed. It must have been a unnerving how you knew her.

There are so many people we all come across in our lives which they make up stories of their perfect lives which turn out not to be true but they don't go down the path of destruction as TM and SM did.
Disney is not to be blamed . It is a beautiful place to reflect the memories of childhood.
I like Disney as child but the only thing that caught my attention and like about was from the TV series, The Wonderful World of Disney was the episodes of "The Scarecrow" based I found years later on the adventure novel of Doctor Syn. Still have the Novels.

My partner plays D&D and role playing, people who don't play it still wary of it since in 90's when there was a Murder Case where the teenager blamed D&D. I cannot remember the name of the case but many role playing groups came under a cloud during that time .
It take courage Delta Dawn, to be open up and speak how you knew TM.

So. About Disney adults.

Thanks for your perspective! I have an adult friend (friend from college) who is a huge Disney fan....has been her whole life....back in the day (fresh out of college) her guest room was a Disney room complete with headboard :). She's not at all weird. Super naive and innocent? Yeah :). But she's a teacher and it's all good. She's a great person.

Personally, I looooove Epcot. Dying to take a girls weekend/trip there sometime :). It's my favorite of all the parks and I think it's beautiful and I love all the countries.

So. About Disney adults.

Chiming in to thank you for being here for HE and sharing your perspective with us. It's very helpful IMO.

Delta Dawn, thank you for the insight it must have been a shock when the news about TM came onto the news and the events that followed. It must have been a unnerving how you knew her.

It take courage Delta Dawn, to be open up and speak how you knew TM.
RSBM.

Courage or stupidity, I'm not sure which. LOL She's behind bars and I am still afraid of her and what she could do if she ever realized that the photos of her and the kids at Animal Kingdom while they were living it up on bond were taken by me and not the person named Dawn that she blamed. :eek:

Also, and I have sat on this a loooong time because I never knew if it would be needed (it wasn't) but the week after Heather went missing, Tammy began making the rounds on her friends that were agents because she suddenly needed a new agency to be under because she was fired from her current one. She told us that they had an open marriage but Sidney messed around with a piece of trash that went missing and the family was trying to blame them, making her agency fire her. This is how the whole matter of Heather going missing came to light for many of us, as we aren't in MB.

After putting pieces of the puzzle together, come to find out she was also stealing from the agency. This also happened around the time they were 'raising money' for the Give Kids the World charity for the marathon Sidney ran. Apparently, he raised so much money that the charity gave him a room for the marathon weekend in one of the priciest resorts down there, plus tickets (because they no longer had Annual passes [obtained falsely as Florida residents]). The family actually wasn't supposed to go on that trip but because they were being harassed (her words), she decided for them all to go and then played victim to the people at GKTW so they would give the entire family park tickets because of the 'torture' they were enduring at home. I will always be suspicious of that raised money and where it actually came from.

Thanks for your perspective! I have an adult friend (friend from college) who is a huge Disney fan....has been her whole life....back in the day (fresh out of college) her guest room was a Disney room complete with headboard :). She's not at all weird. Super naive and innocent? Yeah :). But she's a teacher and it's all good. She's a great person.

Personally, I looooove Epcot. Dying to take a girls weekend/trip there sometime :). It's my favorite of all the parks and I think it's beautiful and I love all the countries.

My oldest daughter is a teacher. She Disney-fies her classroom right up. As a 1st grade teacher, the kids (and she) love it. :)

Epcot is my favorite! I am supposed to be there right now but something at home interrupted my plans this weekend and I'm super salty about it. My favorite nighttime show ends and I'm gonna miss it. :(

Chiming in to thank you for being here for HE and sharing your perspective with us. It's very helpful IMO.

Always. I just want to know, like all of you: WHERE IS HEATHER?

Last edited:
Yes, and the Elvis family has done an amazing job of exhibiting grace under pressure. To not respond to that kind of provocation is so, so hard. One just has to realize that TM lives in her own delusional world and the most important thing is to NOT ENGAGE with the craziness. It's like a whirlpool and even tried to suck the Judge and her own defense attorneys into it--their heads were spinning. Her defense lawyer was actually speechless as he tried to come up with some legal maneuver not to have those witnesses' testimony suppressed. (referring to her mother and kids live streaming the trial in the sequestration room during TM's trial.)
Yes, exactly this. As much as I wish Tammy would give up everything that she knows, I’ve come to accept that it will probably never happen. To give them anything at all, she would also have to admit that she lied... about everything. This would also indirectly imply that she was jealous of Heather and her relationship with Sidney. She would have to admit that she did something wrong. Unfortunately, she’d rather die in a prison cell than admit to any of that.

Thank you @Delta Dawn for speaking about the monster... her take on Disney was a facade to prove to others her life was a fairy tale as opposed to what it really was: lies, deception, causing fear where ever she went.

I will actually be at Disney and all the parks this week, so I'm looking forward to going!!

NBC is airing HE's episode tonight at 9PM. It looks like it's just a rerun, but I'm recording it just in case they add an update.
Yes, there will be a small update at the end of the program, they are in the working/planning phase for a two hour in depth piece to be ready before the end of the year ( or so they have told us )

I don't know. I heard 30 years but it's typical to be eligible for parole at some point. My understanding is her left that open.
South Carolina Dept of Corrections and the South Carolina Code of Laws requires that 85% of the 30 year sentence be served before eligible for parole, so if my math is close, that’s 25.5 years mandatory to serve with no credits for any work or school or whimpering in the corner.

Also left it to Dept of Corrections to decide if his current 10 year sentence for OoJ would run concurrently with the 30 year sentence for kidnapping that was just imposed—apparently yes. Could the judge not have added the 30 yr sentence consecutive to the 10 yr sentence if he had so chosen?

Incarcerated Inmate Search
here if you search his or her name you will see the info on both, looks like the 2.5 or so years he was to serve on the 10 year obstruction charge have been added to the 25.5 years he must serve without the possibility of parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back